• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Having a sleeve!!

its so food to read that other people are struggling with the weight loss and eating all the wrong foods. I'm exactly the same. Been the same weight since Xmas but still losing inches. I've tried the milk and yogurt kick start but didn't do anything for me at all. Might have to do a slim fast type of thing where I have a protein shake for lunch and then chicken and veg for tea, might help. Carbs are my downfall too, crackers and ryvitas I'm going through them like crazy lol xxx

ooooh we may need a new thread 'not lost since Christmas' lol there's a lot of us now just hanging in there lol i'm trying slimming world next...positive steps to get me back on the loss wagon :) I think its key to keep chatting tho support in numbers girls...its easy to think we're alone and trigger even more bad habits x x x x

Good to see you Tina x x x x

I think talking about it is really good too...

That 2.4lb I lost - I've put 2.2lb of it back on! :/ I have had a relaxed week though - only 2 exercise days.. Had my bestie over for the night to and had good food and a fried breakfast.. Think we burnt that off by lunch time though as had plenty of the best form of exercise instead lol tmi I know but still a form or exercise in my opinion!! So I'm back on good eating, exercise 5 days a week and being stricter on Monday and hopefully get back to it!

Do any of you ladies think that 1 medium banana and a golden delicious apple in one sitting is a big portion? I'm eating a fair amount this week and I THINK it's supposed to me TOTM but I'm still not regular.. I'm on the mini pill where I take it everyday and I think one of the weeks is a placebo so I'm still having a break but cause I'd forget to start taking them again these pills are best for me.. Anyway.. When I was last on my TOTM I was on the se week I am on now and nothing yet.. So I don't know.. I guess I just wait to see when/if restriction kicks back in... Xxx

hmmm sounds like fun Kirsty LOL deffo not tmi lol I like to hear about all the fun everyone else is having lol burns a nice lot of cals too lol
1 banana and apple in a sitting sounds big to me.... is this a meal or snack times?? I had apple last night as a snack and half an apple lasted a good half an hour.... but hey I am double careful as not so good with apple..... but I guess were all different!!
TOM is a real bug bare..... after 13 years of none, had my coil out and still only 1 here and there.... BUT I still get all the signs and symptoms..... it seems to go on forever all I want to do is eat!!!

Ohhhh maybe too much calorie burning and no pill !!! hmmmm watch this space LOL x x x x x

hmmm sounds like fun Kirsty LOL deffo not tmi lol I like to hear about all the fun everyone else is having lol burns a nice lot of cals too lol 1 banana and apple in a sitting sounds big to me.... is this a meal or snack times?? I had apple last night as a snack and half an apple lasted a good half an hour.... but hey I am double careful as not so good with apple..... but I guess were all different!! TOM is a real bug bare..... after 13 years of none, had my coil out and still only 1 here and there.... BUT I still get all the signs and symptoms..... it seems to go on forever all I want to do is eat!!! Ohhhh maybe too much calorie burning and no pill !!! hmmmm watch this space LOL x x x x x

It was a fun 28 hour visit lol that's also my problem I get so hungry and seem to been a bottomless pit when I'm supposed to be on.. I just hate feeling like it and not knowing the reason with no other signs of TOTM!!

I had an odd day yesterday with timing of food/meals cause I had a migraine and stayed in bed til 11am.. So breakfast was lunch.. I don't tend to snack as such.. More like 4/5small meals a day..it was about 5pm so technically tea time but it was more of my afternoon meal.. I wanted something sweet and opted for a banana, still wasn't satisfied so went for an apple too.. I don't have any nuts or things like that to snack on atm as my dad is on holiday and he normally bring me my request from the fruit and veg shop he works at and I totally forgot to get some things from him before he went away! And it's over £1.50 for a small bag of almonds, even more for other nuts and I can't afford that.. Can't wait for dad to get back off holiday cause I'm missing my porridge and nuts lol xxx

LOL sounds like fun lol enjoy those wonderful times hunni that's what life is for :) am trying myself to fend of the hunger these days ..am sure its just about refocusing ...... honeymoon period over, it never was going to be easy eh...... hang in there , sounds like your making good choices at least :) mawhhhhhh x x x nuts are expensive ...I get mine in lidls

So! I have completed a road confidence cycle awareness course this weekend, received my provisional driving licence and booked my first driving lesson in for TOMORROW!! Eeeek! So excited!! More and more steps towards independence and towards getting more confident to try and get back into work! (I want to be able to drive before I go back to work as it makes more options available for me.. Ie door to door home care where I won't need to do things that will hurt my back.. Atleast I hope that will be an option!)

weight wise I lost 2 lb then gained it l bit have stayed the same the past 2 weeks :)

Also found Cadburys chocolate spread... Which is a fantastic substitute for me other than buying chocolate bars almost daily :/ a couple of tea spoons a day (or every other day now!) And I'm happy :) lol xx

So! I have completed a road confidence cycle awareness course this weekend, received my provisional driving licence and booked my first driving lesson in for TOMORROW!! Eeeek! So excited!! More and more steps towards independence and towards getting more confident to try and get back into work! (I want to be able to drive before I go back to work as it makes more options available for me.. Ie door to door home care where I won't need to do things that will hurt my back.. Atleast I hope that will be an option!) weight wise I lost 2 lb then gained it l bit have stayed the same the past 2 weeks :) Also found Cadburys chocolate spread... Which is a fantastic substitute for me other than buying chocolate bars almost daily :/ a couple of tea spoons a day (or every other day now!) And I'm happy :) lol xx
wow some good progress Hun well done you xxx

Fantastic hunni ...sounds like your going from strength to strength :) isn't that what this journey was all about....getting back life..... your doing flipping amazing....grabbing life and living it to the max...... :) good luck on your driving lessons.......soon be behind the wheel.........beep beep !!! x x x x x huge hugs x x x x

Sounds good kirsty keep up the progress and you will soon achieve more than you thought possible good luck with the driving

So, went for my 18 month post op check up... I've put 3kgs ON since my last appointment in January... The majority of that in the past 4 weeks. Extremely off track, hardly any exercise and eating so much crap it's unreal what I've put away! I still have restriction, which I'm glad of!

I go away for the week to Skegness on Saturday, but will be reigning myself in but not be strict with myself BUT when I am home from my holiday I will be getting back to proper food, as little carbs as possible and back to the gym to get this weight off!! I am even contemplating I large black board to plan out my weeks exercise and meals. I need to get back into it and lose the weight I've put on and as much more as I possibly can!

The dietitian wasn't overly concerned about it :/ said its normal and looks as though my weightless as just generally slowed down.. And because I know what I'm doing wrong and now I know it needs changing I should be okay. I do NOT want to get back over 19 stone. I want to get under 15 at least and down to 12 for my 'target' I'll be happy under 15st though...

I'm really struggling pain wise, maybe that's why I'm not going to the gym so much, I don't k ow.. My moods are all over, the pain is up and down all the time and I seem to be eating my feelings.. But I need to get my head into gear and get back on it! Which I will after my holiday!

I hope you are all well xxx

Sorry to hear you've put weight on!

Being in pain sucks and it really is not helping towards motivation for gym..

I am sure you will find a way to sort yourself out
! At least your dietitian was supportive !

Sorry to hear you've put weight on! Being in pain sucks and it really is not helping towards motivation for gym.. I am sure you will find a way to sort yourself out ! At least your dietitian was supportive !

It really does suck. I get better for a few weeks then the pain comes back with vengeance and I can be in so much pain I don't even want to get out of bed! My pain killers don't work but the doctors won't give me anything else as I'm on tramadol and nefopam and they're supposedly really strong anyway they just don't want to work for me :( x

Ask about a referral to pain relief clinic kirsty see if you can get more help from them for then pain hope you find some relief soon

Ask about a referral to pain relief clinic kirsty see if you can get more help from them for then pain hope you find some relief soon

I have been through the pain clinic before.. I've been referred for physio but my appointment isn't until September so I've got to put up with it til then to see what they can do for me.. If that doesn't help I'll have to see what else can be done for me. I have 3 degenerative disc at the bottom of my spine and was in an incident in January where I thought I'd hotter a trapped nerve.. That was relieved for a while and now the pain is back but much worse so I'm thinking it's more muscle pain but I don't know for certain.. It's just really getting to me as well as my back pain seems to be getting worse too..xx

I have degenerative discs I have steroid injections every three months until end of year then I will get the denervation again that works wonders lasts a year it's basically injection type treatment in the spine but it kills the nerves in it highly recommend it I would ask again if physio don't work

I have degenerative discs I have steroid injections every three months until end of year then I will get the denervation again that works wonders lasts a year it's basically injection type treatment in the spine but it kills the nerves in it highly recommend it I would ask again if physio don't work

Thank you, I will keep that in mind x

Sooooooooooooooo....
I went on holiday to Skegness for a week and ate so much crap it's in ridiculous walked a lot but that's no excuse and didn't help at all I don't think...

I weighed myself on Tuesday and worked out my weight..

I've put on 14.8lb in 6 months. The majority of that weight being in the past 5 weeks.. I'm pretty much devastated.. I've said before I know where I'm going wrong and I know what I need to do but my head is just all over now I want to see a CBT dietitian but the doctor I asked to be referred said because I've already been through weigh ahead I can't be referred again.. I don't want to go back to weigh ahead, I specifically want to see a CBT dietitian.. I think I may need togo and see my mums GP as she's fab with my mum and sisters and she likes to get things done for you. The dietician at the hospital has no bad words to say to me to encourage me to get it sorted just that 'these things happen' and it's 'normal' it's just so frustrating because I'm asking for the help but no ones helping.. I'm going to the gym and swimming but just eating all the wrong things. I'm getting back to eating fresh and home cooked meals but I'm just so scared that I'm not going to get out of this.. Took me a few days to write this out.. Haven't even told any one other than my little sister and my aunt.. I feel like a disappointment to everyone, especially myself..

Back