• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Having a sleeve!!

After your pre op leave it a week if you have not heard anything phone dr ackroyds secretary she will sort you date out for you she is really nice
Take care not long now Kirsty

Yes that's what I'm going to do Mark. No, not too long now! Strangely I'm looking forward to it!! Lol

Kirsty

Am I the only one who got the op date before having a pre op lol robina definitely taking your advise to ring and ask about this tomorrow! Another question, I have a gold ring that's been lodged on my finger for years, will I need to get this cut off for surgery or will they cover it?

Tracey - they should just cover it :)

Am I the only one who got the op date before having a pre op lol robina definitely taking your advise to ring and ask about this tomorrow! Another question, I have a gold ring that's been lodged on my finger for years, will I need to get this cut off for surgery or will they cover it?

you must be! lol :cry:

My heads battered Kirsty found out Xmas Eve my ops 4th jan, started milk diet straight after Xmas dinner now I feel like I have too much to
Do n too little time, but realistically I've been packing my hospital bag for months n have no problems with work or family so unsure why I've gone into a state of self inflicted panic lol

I'm sure you'll calm down soon once you get into the milk diet better, first few days are the worst apparently. Least it's getting done soon! X

Kirsty

Lol bless ya!! All excited though? X

Kirsty

Mixed emotions to be honest Kirsty always thought I'd have a few weeks to say goodbye to what have been my favourite foods lol

I started that after the seminar I think, all of a sudden I just started eating all my favourite things again (Indian take away, Chinese etc) not been concentrating on eating super healthy. It is really annoying though as I've put a couple of lbs back on so need to get back to it!

Kirsty

I put 1/2 stone on after my seminar before I kicked myself into reality, joined slimming world and managed to lose 3.5 stone since April, it kept me focused knowing I was going to get help to get to the end result :)

That is great, well done!!! I started the gym and better eating in feb, then weight management in May. From feb to August I only lost 16lbs. That was while doing slimming world 4-5 days a week at my cousins. I don't have the money to join them properly but my cousin would go and as I used to stay there most days Id eat what she ate. But still hardly lost anything. Very frustrating as I used to do WW and I lost 3 stone in the first 2 month, but the inevitable happens and I put it back on plus more. X

Kirsty

My heads battered Kirsty found out Xmas Eve my ops 4th jan, started milk diet straight after Xmas dinner now I feel like I have too much to
Do n too little time, but realistically I've been packing my hospital bag for months n have no problems with work or family so unsure why I've gone into a state of self inflicted panic lol

ive been planning for months but not getting alot done, im in a blind panic now thinking i dont have time to do it all lol
i ordered new underwear and a non wired bra for hospital today, need pj's thou as i only have nightys at home

day 3 on the milk diet is the pits, going into ketosis as your glycogen stores empty has always been sheer hell for me, keep your fluids up and the pain pills at hand tracey

I started that after the seminar I think, all of a sudden I just started eating all my favourite things again (Indian take away, Chinese etc) not been concentrating on eating super healthy. It is really annoying though as I've put a couple of lbs back on so need to get back to it!

Kirsty

i did the same thing kirsty, had to do slim fast just to get myself back on track.
i stopped at the last phonecall when i found out they had changed the date again but im going back on it in the morning all the way to milk diet day

That is great, well done!!! I started the gym and better eating in feb, then weight management in May. From feb to August I only lost 16lbs. That was while doing slimming world 4-5 days a week at my cousins. I don't have the money to join them properly but my cousin would go and as I used to stay there most days Id eat what she ate. But still hardly lost anything. Very frustrating as I used to do WW and I lost 3 stone in the first 2 month, but the inevitable happens and I put it back on plus more. X

Kirsty

i dont get on with slimming world if i do anything other than red day every day

i did a week on green, exercised daily. went to weigh in and was told off as they said that i wasnt eating enough (i had filled in a diary sheet) well i got on the scales to find i had gained 6lb that week, could have cried

There very normal feeling to have before your surgery you'll be fine stay focused on your goal and good luck with the milk diet

Good luck everyone! I know it's easy for me to say but the worry is worth it in the end! Life on the other side of wls is fab! X x

I found this picture, and I think it's rather fitting.

Kirsty

Attachments

• image-2639018435.jpg
    image-2639018435.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 57
Back