• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Having a sleeve!!

Well, I only put 2.2lb on since the 20th of Dec! Thought it would have been a lot more!

Kirsty

Thank you Audra! How are you doing? Kirsty

So, a week tomorrow till my Pre Op! I have some things I want to ask them, or Atleast, for them to put in my notes to ask the guy that puts me to sleep!! (Big word, that I can't spell should be here)
I want the area that I'm having my Canular in numbed first, or to be sedated before hand..
I hope they will do that for me, I may be an adult but I'm still scared of needles!
And I want to know what I scored on the sleep apnea test sheet they gave me... And if I need testing..
I'm not worried one bit about having all the test done, I know it's all going to be worth it.

Still haven't managed to start my diet, I don't know why, I just can't seem to kick myself into it hard enough, I'm just so hungry at the moment. I don't think my sleeping it helping. I'm not managing to get to sleep till around 1,2 or sometimes 3 am.. Then not waking up till 10am unless I have loads of alarms set. It's really annoying because I need to lose the weight I've put on and just can't get my head around it! :(
I have a busy week next week, doctors Monday, dentist Wednesday, pre op Thursday and a medical assessment on Friday. The medical assessment is stressing me out too, hate going to them, but needs must and all that.

I also really need to do an 'about me' thingy for this thread... Humph!

Kirsty

So, a week tomorrow till my Pre Op! I have some things I want to ask them, or Atleast, for them to put in my notes to ask the guy that puts me to sleep!! (Big word, that I can't spell should be here) I want the area that I'm having my Canular in numbed first, or to be sedated before hand.. I hope they will do that for me, I may be an adult but I'm still scared of needles! And I want to know what I scored on the sleep apnea test sheet they gave me... And if I need testing.. I'm not worried one bit about having all the test done, I know it's all going to be worth it. Still haven't managed to start my diet, I don't know why, I just can't seem to kick myself into it hard enough, I'm just so hungry at the moment. I don't think my sleeping it helping. I'm not managing to get to sleep till around 1,2 or sometimes 3 am.. Then not waking up till 10am unless I have loads of alarms set. It's really annoying because I need to lose the weight I've put on and just can't get my head around it! :( I have a busy week next week, doctors Monday, dentist Wednesday, pre op Thursday and a medical assessment on Friday. The medical assessment is stressing me out too, hate going to them, but needs must and all that. I also really need to do an 'about me' thingy for this thread... Humph! Kirsty
Stay positive Kirsty do you have a certain amount of weight to lose before your appointment?

Stay positive Kirsty do you have a certain amount of weight to lose before your appointment?

No, not been told to lose any, but going up isn't a good thing and if I put too much on then I can have it cancelled :( I still have the milk diet to do the few week upto my op (don't have a date yet) but it just doesn't feel good to have maintained for so long then started to gain once I knew I had funding. I want this so bad, I don't want to jeopardise it :( I haven't meant to have done it, it's just happened. I have a £50 gift card for sainsburys so tomorrow I am buying a slow cooker and lots of healthy foods in and good cereals and going back to fresh food and going to make some soups to freeze and eat too. Hope that will help! X

Kirsty

If its any comfort my cannula appeared when I woke up! I'd been butchered in my sleep where they'd obvious messed it up but I didn't feel a thing.

Right then mrs put your positive head on you have one week till pre op you can make a difference! Get some high protein low fat low carb foods In cottage cheese, quark, lean chicken, quorn invest in a small plate. Up your water intake and don't eat until your definately hungry. You need to prepare yourself ready for the milk diet. You can do this, but making excuses won't help you in the long run. It is so hard to cut those portions but honestly after a few days the hunger goes away! You can do this!!!!!

Right then mrs put your positive head on you have one week till pre op you can make a difference! Get some high protein low fat low carb foods In cottage cheese, quark, lean chicken, quorn invest in a small plate. Up your water intake and don't eat until your definately hungry. You need to prepare yourself ready for the milk diet. You can do this, but making excuses won't help you in the long run. It is so hard to cut those portions but honestly after a few days the hunger goes away! You can do this!!!!!

Thanks Hun. That's what I'm doing today, buying the good stuff in! I bought weight watchers meals the other week and they just don't fill me up! I eat my evening meals late, around 7/8pm as I don't normally get hungry till about then, also if I eat earlier then I get really hungry at bed time and I can't get to sleep if I'm hungry. ( not an excuse, I feel physically sick sometimes through it. Tried the drink water cause I might be thirsty etc..) I am just struggling ATM but like I said, proper food being bought today and that will really help! X

Kirsty

No, not been told to lose any, but going up isn't a good thing and if I put too much on then I can have it cancelled :( I still have the milk diet to do the few week upto my op (don't have a date yet) but it just doesn't feel good to have maintained for so long then started to gain once I knew I had funding. I want this so bad, I don't want to jeopardise it :( I haven't meant to have done it, it's just happened. I have a £50 gift card for sainsburys so tomorrow I am buying a slow cooker and lots of healthy foods in and good cereals and going back to fresh food and going to make some soups to freeze and eat too. Hope that will help! X Kirsty
Must admit my slow cooker was a life saver when dieting I was following slimming world pre op and used to live on casseroles, you go girl
You can do it :)

Must admit my slow cooker was a life saver when dieting I was following slimming world pre op and used to live on casseroles, you go girl You can do it :)

I used to have one, but was rarely at home. I spent through the week at my cousins, so I ended up selling it to her.. Now I want one again lol x

Kirsty

Slow cooked chilli beef using chunks of steak is great. The meat will melt in the mouth. Add a can of mixed taco beans in chilli tomato sauce. Sorry I don't know nutrition values. Lots of protein though ;-)
I'm queen of slow cooking !!!!!

That sounds lovely RM!
I didn't end up getting one, will soon though as got told it's easy to eat meat that's been slow cooked post op..

Kirsty

That sounds lovely RM! I didn't end up getting one, will soon though as got told it's easy to eat meat that's been slow cooked post op.. Kirsty

Ha ha 'RM'!!!
I'm Victoria. Nice to meet you all ;-) that name was taken :-/ I am though mummy to my baby Rocco!! Xxx

Ha ha 'RM'!!! I'm Victoria. Nice to meet you all ;-) that name was taken :-/ I am though mummy to my baby Rocco!! Xxx

Ahah hello Victoria! Lovely to meet you too! Xx

Kirsty

Back