• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello fellow Bypassers!! I'm new here.

everpositive

Hi there.

Been reading for a few days as I knew my consultation for gastric bypass was looming. Been today and its all systems go for the procedure early Jan, so I'm a big bag of fear and excitement. Have really enjoyed reading everyones stories and experiences so far. I notice there are a few of you in the Greater Manchester area like myself and that some of you have had Basil Amorri's surgery. He is going to be doing mine.
Enjoy your weekends x

I am one of Mr Ammori's fan club, this time last week he was doing my op....no pain, no catheter, no nasal tube, tiny little cuts, could not recommend the bloke highly enough. He is a dedicated surgeon and I was so lucky to have him carry out mine. His whole team at the Spire were brilliant....you will be in such safe hands...and well done on getting your date...new year new start...I actually started smiling again today thinking about the things I will be able to do come Spring, its very exciting...xx

Hiya,
Mr Ammori is going to be doing my bypass op in Manchester soon, i am looking forward to it now! From what i have read about him, it all sounds good and people have not stayed in hospital long.
Xxx Lizzie xxX

I had my op last saturday tea time and if I had had someone to collect me I would of been discharged sunday dinner time. As it was I stayed till monday dinner. xx

Hi welcome to minis I'm sure all those with great experience of this road to wls will be along as soon as they get back from the Manchester get together

m

Congrats on the surgery date. Welcome to minis and i look forward to getting to know you better and following your progress.

Hi Claire, welcome to Mini's :)

Hiya Helen,
I have been going through the motions with my PCT which is Stockport since March. I managed to get my GP to refer me fine and surgery can and is funded by Stockport PCT, but the waiting list is enormous and you have to go onto a three month weight management programme, upon which you are assessed as to whether you are suitable for obesity surgery. I got sick of waiting and decided to fund it myself. Yes, its very expensive but I really feel its the best investment I will ever make. I went through 'Healthier Weight' who use the facilities at The Alexandra in Cheadle and their surgeon is Basil Ammori. I checked him out on the net and from coming on here, I feel confident that he is the guy to do the magic!!! Let me know where you are up to. My procedure is due early Jan!!! YIKES.
Kind regards x

Hi and welcome to minis, think i just responded to one of your other threads too. i was NHS under mr ammori. he was fantastic and as you can see he has quite a fan club on here!!! you truly are in safe hands and his recruits to his fan club keep increasing. good luck hun xx

Hi there.

Been reading for a few days as I knew my consultation for gastric bypass was looming. Been today and its all systems go for the procedure early Jan, so I'm a big bag of fear and excitement. Have really enjoyed reading everyones stories and experiences so far. I notice there are a few of you in the Greater Manchester area like myself and that some of you have had Basil Amorri's surgery. He is going to be doing mine.
Enjoy your weekends x

Hiya, sorry for the slow response (had the meet-up on Sat & I was busy, busy on Sun). I am a recent post-op with Mr. Ammori at Salford Royal/Hope and I only have nice things to say. It was simple, the people were great and I feel really well. I have to stop and remind myself that I just had surgery or else there would be no stopping me! Let me know if you have any specific questions or just want to chat.:D

Hi I was brought up in cheadle in stockport, its a small world isnt it, im applying to Tameside and Glossop PCT and I really hope that if I get funding I will have Mr Ammori for my surgeon, ireally really wish I could fund the surgery myself but I cant, but I am so happy for you, I hope all goes well and ill be thinking about you, please let us know how it all goes

helen
xxxx

Hi Helen,
Wish you all the luck in the world love. I can't really afford it and have had to find a way to finance this, as I see it as saving my life and enabling my three kids to have a mum in every possible way. I know its the only way I'll ever conquer my battle with food and the screwed up way I approach it.

Let me know how you get on!! Dont give up trying with the PCT. I've heard so many stories where people have been successful with their campaigns to have this done.

Take care love x

Hiya, sorry for the slow response (had the meet-up on Sat & I was busy, busy on Sun). I am a recent post-op with Mr. Ammori at Salford Royal/Hope and I only have nice things to say. It was simple, the people were great and I feel really well. I have to stop and remind myself that I just had surgery or else there would be no stopping me! Let me know if you have any specific questions or just want to chat.:D

ditto:)

Back