• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello! Looking for advice please

A lady has just mentioned to me that it is probably an appointment to discuss the outcome of our MDT meeting and waiting lists x
Yes it's more than likely to confirm the outcome of the mdt and to go on the waiting list it might even be with Claire as when I saw Mr sedman in October he said he properly wouldn't see me again till the day of the operation... but then he also said a couple of other things that turned out not to be correct so who knows lol

@oliviafrances I've just had my dietition appointment for next week cancelled and the earliest alternative they can offer is MARCH not gonna lie feeling a bit abandoned 6 months between seeing dietitions when your expected to lose weight is a long time

@oliviafrances I've just had my dietition appointment for next week cancelled and the earliest alternative they can offer is MARCH not gonna lie feeling a bit abandoned 6 months between seeing dietitions when your expected to lose weight is a long time

That sounds really bad makes you feel like crap.
I would keep calling for a cancellation if I was you .
You never know x

That sounds really bad makes you feel like crap.
I would keep calling for a cancellation if I was you .
You never know x
Ive got an appointment with my consultants team on the 20th Feb she did say call the day before and see if they can fit me in at the same time but I guess we 'll see ... I need to be harder on myself but it's hard when your supposed to be eating to prepare for post op but you 've still got the stomach the same size as a bloody elephant

I'm so sorry to hear that! Such shit news :( Yeah hopefully you can get in when you see Mr Sedman, did they at least say why this happened? :eek: How are you doing with the weightloss?

I'm so sorry to hear that! Such shit news :( Yeah hopefully you can get in when you see Mr Sedman, did they at least say why this happened? :eek: How are you doing with the weightloss?
Didn't say why although I've seen it happen to a lot of people all over the country so I think it's just the time of year still stuck at about a stone and half lost and gained that half stone about 3 bloody times so far Christmas new year and my little boys birthday haven't helped I guess trying to get back on it for my February appointment so I'll see how it goes .... how are you doing ?

Didn't say why although I've seen it happen to a lot of people all over the country so I think it's just the time of year still stuck at about a stone and half lost and gained that half stone about 3 bloody times so far Christmas new year and my little boys birthday haven't helped I guess trying to get back on it for my February appointment so I'll see how it goes .... how are you doing ?
I've been fluctuating too, but I guess if it was easy for us then we wouldn't need the surgery. I'm really hoping there isn't a long waiting list now, and that I can nab a spot on the cancellation list :p Good luck with your feb appointment, do you think we'll be told the outcome of the MDT before the surgeon appointment?

@oliviafrances with what's gone on I wouldn't be surprised if when I go in Feb they say it 'll be discussed at the next mdt rather than October's like Mr sedman and Sophie had said and then go on the waiting list sometimes it seems like no one talks to each other ....ill be hoping for a cancellation too although I imagine I'd still need a minimum of 2 weeks on the lrd 1st if not longer

@oliviafrances with what's gone on I wouldn't be surprised if when I go in Feb they say it 'll be discussed at the next mdt rather than October's like Mr sedman and Sophie had said and then go on the waiting list sometimes it seems like no one talks to each other ....ill be hoping for a cancellation too although I imagine I'd still need a minimum of 2 weeks on the lrd 1st if not longer
You have been given really bad information the whole way through haven't you! On the general Facebook group for bariatric surgery I've seen that people are given 2 weeks notice and to start the LRD the day the get the call. Hopefully we get it soon :)x

You have been given really bad information the whole way through haven't you! On the general Facebook group for bariatric surgery I've seen that people are given 2 weeks notice and to start the LRD the day the get the call. Hopefully we get it soon :)x
Ok.... so I emailed Claire and she's just replied and confirmed I was discussed at October's mdt and it was successful and that the appointment on the 20th Feb is indeed to place me on the waiting list as long as Mr sedman is happy that my weight has either lost or maintained .... so I'm guessing your appointment will be for the same reason a couple of weeks later :thankyouthankyou:

Ok.... so I emailed Claire and she's just replied and confirmed I was discussed at October's mdt and it was successful and that the appointment on the 20th Feb is indeed to place me on the waiting list as long as Mr sedman is happy that my weight has either lost or maintained .... so I'm guessing your appointment will be for the same reason a couple of weeks later :thankyouthankyou:
Omg Kate you passed the MDT!! That's AMAZING news! Massive congrats :D I'm so thrilled for you

I got a letter today, apparently I was discussed at the MDT in December and in the letter Mr Sedman says ''I am pleased to report we are all happy with your progress''. Does this mean I passed the MDT? Super confused. Also he said the one issue that was raised in the meeting was my high blood pressure and that it needs to be sorted out by my GP before my appointment with him in March. Have you received a letter yet Kate? or anybody, was your letter a ''YOU'VE PASSED!'' or less indicative? :(

Make an appointment with your GP to address the blood pressure and you should be sorted. I had the same feedback from my anaesthetist appointment and got it dealt with so it didn’t delay surgery.

I got a letter today, apparently I was discussed at the MDT in December and in the letter Mr Sedman says ''I am pleased to report we are all happy with your progress''. Does this mean I passed the MDT? Super confused. Also he said the one issue that was raised in the meeting was my high blood pressure and that it needs to be sorted out by my GP before my appointment with him in March. Have you received a letter yet Kate? or anybody, was your letter a ''YOU'VE PASSED!'' or less indicative? :(
  • Sorry @oliviafrances I didn't get the notification you'd commented it sounds like you've passed as long as your blood pressure is under control by February... so get on it asap in regards to getting a letter with a you've passed this is Claire's response when I queried if I'd been discussed as I hadn't had confirmation just an appointment letter for Feb " You were discussed in October MDT, they don’t normally say this in the letter as it’s a generic letter that they send out. The MDT has given approval that you can be brought back to be listed and this will be the appointment in February with Mr Sedman" again something totally different to you maybe it was because there were no concerns on my case

Eeekkkkkkkk just realised @oliviafrances it's only 4 weeks still we've been on tier 4 6 months 5 months ago it seems a lifetime away
Exciting isn't it, my weight still seems to be flunctuating a bit, but I'm sticking to not drinking with meals and no snacking so that's good :D Also haven't touched a fizzy drink since our first meeting so that's nearly 6 months then! How's your weight loss going?x

I had like 2 fizzy drinks over Xmas but other than that non either I do miss it tho as squash tends to get a bit boring lol I'm stuck at the min I've been at 24/25 lb lost for the last month I'm hoping I can get to 2 stone before my appointment and the hospital scales always weigh a bit lighter than home so I'm hoping it's do able .... I have no idea in regards to waiting time the last person I spoke to at owlss when they got a date had been told 4 months but then there's been this 2 month no op in Jan and Feb so it could be longer by now I would think Mr sedman will say when I see him in Feb I'll let you know what he says

I had like 2 fizzy drinks over Xmas but other than that non either I do miss it tho as squash tends to get a bit boring lol I'm stuck at the min I've been at 24/25 lb lost for the last month I'm hoping I can get to 2 stone before my appointment and the hospital scales always weigh a bit lighter than home so I'm hoping it's do able .... I have no idea in regards to waiting time the last person I spoke to at owlss when they got a date had been told 4 months but then there's been this 2 month no op in Jan and Feb so it could be longer by now I would think Mr sedman will say when I see him in Feb I'll let you know what he says
Thank you that'll be really helpful, btw on the topic of squash if you're after a sugar free ribena knock-off the apple and blackcurrant Aldi squash is amazing! On Christmas day I made lots of effort to enjoy pigging out on the Christmas dinner as it's probably the last "normal" one we'll ever have haha x

@oliviafrances 6 months today since our seminar , 6 months back then felt like a lifetime but it's gone quite quick don't you think ? So just seen Mr sedman "I'M ON THE WAITING LIST " I did ask how long it was he gave the usual "is normally 3-4 months " but because of the 2 months he's had off and the winter bed crisis it's however ling it takes to catch up he said realisticly it 'll probably be late summer early autumn

Back