• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Here I go... or as I like to call it, 'I'm officially turning into a Snack A Jack'

Thanks, I will do!!!

I'm just recording some fav songs to play in the car... my stressbusting tunes!!! :D

x

You'll be fine Ollie, mine was just bloods, ECG, weight and BP. Not much there that can stop the surgery! Try to stay calm otherwise your BP will shoot up, which is what happened to me, and now I have to get mine redone to prove that wasn't normal!

If the staff are anything like the ones at the Regency, they'll be lovely.

:Dhello :D just a quicky as i wanted to say hi and good luck i also am under shaw somers and yes he is a lovely man :eek: i think someone mentioned me having op on 16th july no that is nic :) im waiting for my appointment to have op end of month as his secretary said he makes appointments 3 weeks in advance so anyday now i should hear.good luck with your op...sorry to anyone reading this wondering where i am as i said in earlier post ive just been promoted and am literally stacked with work right now and time is short.im hoping to come on again soon and update all and also read more posts.lots of love and hello nic if your reading this thanks for pm xxx
back soon

Just read it hun and I was missing ya wondered where you had gone to. Well done on promotion too hun and hopefully you will hear soon xxx

Good luck Ollie I'm sure you will be fine just don't let the blood pressure rise at the sight of Shaw Somers lol xxx

Hehehe... Shaw wasn't there, but the Anaesthetist more than made up for that!!! LOL!!! :D

It all went well, and thanks for all your good wishes - I had bloods, two trips to the nurse for measuring, paperwork and a niiiiice swab up my snout!!! (If I ever have to do MRSA swabbing again, I will be a lot more sympathetic!!!) :rolleyes:

I then had a chat with the Dietician, and a very nice chat with the Anaesthetist... ;)

All the staff there are so nice, and because we are in a little suite off the main OD, it felt like an exclusive club!!! :p

We all sat there, talking and laughing along with the staff... time flew by. I even saw Joy, who was on 'Fat Doctor' and she looks fab!!! :)

All in all, it was a brilliant day and I am now ploughing through my semi-skimmed milk... just have to try and find a flippin' veggie sugar-free jelly!!!

Bad enough trying to find a veggie alternative to Centrum... I have Seven Seas veggie MV+M but I need more minerals... hey ho!!!

Hope you are all well... and well done on your promotion, WFPS!!!

x

Glad it went well Ollie! Have no idea about sugar free veggie jelly though!

So what pre-op diet are you on? Time is going to fly by now, it'll be here before you know it!

Thanks... it's just going to zip by!!! I am really excited... :)

I'm on the 'joyous' milk and stock cube diet... 4 pints of semi-skimmed a day, three portions of either marmite, veggie stock cube or veggie sugar-free jelly and at least 2 pints of water.

I am also allowed tea and coffee, which is a lifeline, as a hot drink will keep the hunger pangs at bay... to an extent!!!

How are you doing?

x

I'm doing well thanks, 6lbs off after 3 full days. I haven't had a problem with hunger, hopefully it will be the same for you :) if you do get hungry just come on here and find someone to talk to to take your mind of it.

WOW! That's fab! Good for you... :)

I'm just supping on a veggie Oxo cube at the mo, as it's lunchtime here and my stomach has started to rumble :rolleyes: :p

I was wondering, what squash do you recommend? I am at a loss as to where I could find a suitable one, as they all seem to have fruit juice in some form or another :confused:

x

Oooh not sure. I've just been having sugar free lemon barley water, but my diet just says sugar free squash, nothing about no fruit juice in it.

I was just told sugar free squash as well Ollie. for me that means good old robinsons no added sugar orange and pineapple!! by the pint.....about six a day at the mo as I don't much like plain water, can't tolerate black tea and try and limit the black coffee to two cups a day lol!!

OLLIE!!! how lovely to see you again. And what great news about the op. I look forward to watching the new you emerge.

Where's Ollie gone? Not seen her round in a few days.

I'm here!!!

Hellooooooooooooooooo!!!

Sorry, I've been holed up and hiding from the smells coming from the kitchen (while I 'enjoy' my semi-skimmed milk!!! :p)

I had to come out of my room today as I got a bit bunged up and had to remedy it!!! :rolleyes:

Sorry if that's a bit too much info!!! :D

How are you doing, Shel? Hope all is well... :)

And hello Happe!!!

x

I was just told sugar free squash as well Ollie. for me that means good old robinsons no added sugar orange and pineapple!!

Sound's yummy to me... I will see if someone can grab me some later, as I am not feeling up to shopping at the mo!!! :rolleyes:

I'm scared I might fall into the crisp aisle and never come out!!! LOL!!! :D

x

Hi Ollie

Wondered where you had got to, not long to go now hun, hang in there xxxx

Thanks Nic... :)

How are you doing? Not long for you, either!!! :cool:

Have you done all your pre-op shopping yet?!!

x

Hi Ollie

I have yes I'm totally organised (it plays on my mind if I'm not lol).

I'm doing ok thanks, I'm just really tired today xx

Hi Ollie,

I know that milk diet bunging well :sick0019: resorted to senokot yesterday and feel much better today!

The kitchen smells are awful aren't they? I've banned my boys from having anything that smells nice. Tonight I'm taking all my volunteers to the pub and will be buying them lots of nibble-y share-y food so temptation needs to stay AWAY! :help2: I know that hubby will have take-out in my abscence and the house will stink of it when I get home!

Not long to go now, we'll be fine (won't we?)

I'm with you on the tired bit, Nic!!! :D

My new kaftans have arrived, so I have been busy trying them on... ooooh, it's almost like preparing for a holiday... except, errr, it's not!!! LOL!!!

x

Back