• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Here I go... or as I like to call it, 'I'm officially turning into a Snack A Jack'

Hope you are feeling brighter today Ollie, have you been on the scales yet to see how you are doing on your pre-op???? Its just so nice to see the positive results people achieve x

Hi Ali...

Yeah, I am feeling a lot better today and have no intention of eating anything!!!

As for weighing, nope... I have been hiding in my rm all this time!!! :eek:

I don't feel strong enough to go out and about yet :sigh:

I will leave it until the 16th, just before I leave home for Chichester... or if I am feeling up to it, I may pop into Boots on Saturday with Mum to get stuff for the hospital and use their machine :rolleyes:

Thing is, I don't want to weigh myself and be disappointed - I know what I am like, I will jump into the nearest vat of curry and not come up for air until the 16th!!! :eek: :eek:

So I think I may just stay away until the 16th... :p

How are you doing?

x

Cripes...

I am so mentally hungry!!! I'm giving my mind a damn good whipping...:whip:

LOL!!!

x

Hey Ollie, don't give in to temptation now girl you are doing so well. Head hunger is a hard one to deal with - I was hungry this afternoon and curled up on the bed with the cat for an hour with my hands jammed in my pockets until it went away!!!! Keep going, it is worth it. I am sure even if you dont want to go on the scales yet that you will be able to feel that you have lost weight, but good luck for when the results are in anyway!!

head hunger is horrid, but its a good learning curve to learn to tell the difference and to learn to ignore it! Have a big drink to fill up your tum next time and see if that helps :) or jump on here and grab someone to chat to!

I know, it really is a learning curve, eh?

I've guzzled nearly all my milk for the day, two cups of veggie stock and a litre of water... :rolleyes:

Hey ho... it will soon be time for Shaw on Sky 252, then I can focus all my attention on the idiotbox!!! :p

x

Yesterdays FD was really good... saw the Anaesthetist who did my pre-op on there... he is SO funny, and I hope he is the one who does my op, as I am sure he will distract me with his humour and manner!!!

Well, today I am back at work and back to my sleep/work/sleep/work schedule, so the next four nights will zoom by... not a bad thing, I guess!

Hope all is well with you all...

x

have just come across this thread and almost wish i'd heard the harshness so i throw some angst around, ha.

sounds like you are doing really well hon, and everyone is right. the majority will support 100%. you sound so focussed and in control and you will do marvellously. i'm going to watch with great interest :D
abz xx

Hi Ollie

Hope your ok hun, sorry not been around much last few days it was my last few days in work then I had the last pre-op weigh in so it was a busy time.

Catch you soon xxxx

No probs, Nic... I'm the same at the moment, last few nights at work (so sleeping all day and working all night means little access to the laptop!!!)

Oh, and the reason for my ravenous feeling has made itself known... the boat docked and I am SO hungry!!! :beam:

But I'm sticking to it... although I am going up to all my friends who are eating, asking them how it is and making them superguilty!!! :devilangel:

Right, time to get ready for work... hope you are all ok!!!

:wavey:

Missing you round here Ollie, it's sooo quiet without you! ;)

You must be getting excited now, not long left!

Hi Ollie, just wanted to pop on to wish you lots of luck for your op - I am kinda busy for the next couple of days myself so may not get back on in time to wish you all the best. See you on the losing side xxxxx

Hi guys!!!

Well, I am back from my slice and dice...

Feel a bit sore, but that's not so bad... it's the backache from the gas that's making it hard to sit for too long, so this will be short and sweet (well, it won't be too sweet... would hate to get the 'Dumps' :giggle:)

I went in on Thursday and was first on the list... didn't really have time to think or fret. Before I knew it, I had pre-op lists, Phlebotomists and gowns decending on me. Then Mr Somers came up and had a chat and we discussed which version I would like - open or keyhole. We both decided on keyhole and then I signed my GI tract away!!!

I walked down with my Mum (armed with pillows!) and met Mike, my Anaesthetist - he was wonderful and put me at ease, as did all the staff. I said bye to Mum (bit tearful) and walked into the Theatre. I won't go into details (see?!!! I remembered, Shel!!! :D) but everything was painfree and fast... they use local first, so it was really good.

The ODPs and Mike were brilliant... I had a good chat about Theatres and the drugs with them (I correctly identified the sleep juice in the syringe, which lead to the convo about my nurse training) and we chatted so much I didn't really notice anything else going on around me.

While I lay there, they allowed me to surf through Mr Somer's music collection and choose the music - then he came in and I told him I was shocked he didn't have any Bolly in his CD collection, but that I would remedy that with an Olsbols mix that I will bring on my check up!!!

Next thing I can remember, I was sat up in bed (the beds are Hill Rom and are fab!!!) being a bit sick, with Mr Somer's looking over.

I then remember being in the bay and the girls all saying hello to me (it's a huge bay but there were only 5 of us in there... very cosy!)

The rest is a bit boring... just me in and out of sleep, then I got up and sat in the chair around 6pm or so. Felt nice to sit out for a while, but went back to bed after a while.

The nursing staff are brilliant... I can't stress that enough. I have never come across such wonderful, competent and clued-up bunch as Mr Somer's nursing team. Top notch.

I got a huge flower arrangement from my mates on the second day, with a lovely balloon - really cheered me up and was then envy of the bay!!! :D

I didn't have any problems or complications - I did have a wound drain, which is common. That was the last thing to be removed just before I went home on Sunday evening... again, painfree :)

I am feeling very tired and a bit sore, but apart from that I am fine - I get tired very easily, but have had a few little walks and then poop out on the sofa with my booster cushions and bottle of water!!!

Again, thanks so much for all your support and best wishes... it's meant a lot. And thanks for the texts, Shel... really glad your's and Nic's ops went well :)

Hope you are all doing well, and I will have a catch up with all your threads later. Right now, I am off to have some mash!!!

Byeeeeeeeee!!!

x

Back