• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Here I go... or as I like to call it, 'I'm officially turning into a Snack A Jack'

I'm sorry, but I am ROFPMSL at that smilie!!! Inspired!!! :D :p :D

And yes, we will be ok... although that said, I was lying in bed last night, crying and thinking 'what if something goes wrong?! Is this really my only resort to shift the flab?!!' :(

I guess I am scared, but just trying not to think about it... and I can guarantee that I will not sleep a wink on the 16th :rolleyes: :eek:

Arre baba...!!!

*hugs*

I have temazepan ready for the night before lol.

Am going to start focusing on my new mantra (well its susan jeffer's but I stole it... shhhh) I CAN HANDLE IT.

What day of pre-op are you on now Ollie?

day 8 today, 2 more days of milk then 4 days of clear fluids only (except for any with salt in, so sugar free jelly and sugar free lollies only).

Ooooooooh...

Shelbel... you have to have 4 days of clear fluids?!!! Cripes :eek:

Luckily, I just have to do the clear stuff from 3pm the day before my op :eek:

Oh, I have found that the raspberry no added sugar Crusha is veggie!!! The other one (strawberry) isn't, though :rolleyes:

I've just had a little in my milk, and although it's not the tastiest thing in the world, it's a relief from the plain old white stuff!!! :p

I've also found a veggie alternative to Sanatogen A-Z and Centrum - Tesco's own Multivitamins and Minerals are fab!!! They're huge, but they will do for now :D

Oh, and the Hartleys pots of fat free jelly is veggie, as well... but tastes like snot!!!

Right, time for me to have a veggie oxo cube with salt and white pepper!!! Yum...

x

Yepsie...

I'm so excited for you all preparing for your ops. I remember the feeling well. It is a rollercoaster of emaotions, but it also has the same buzz as a rollercoaster when you come through it all and start losing weight.

It really is a rollercoaster!!! :p

x

^^ harsh.... :confused:

Sorry I couldn't sort out to bring you home Ols, will try and come down to see you once you're home and settled. I won't bring you a paneer roll with tamarind sauce tho....:D

Hehehehe...

Sorry I couldn't sort out to bring you home Ols, will try and come down to see you once you're home and settled. I won't bring you a paneer roll with tamarind sauce tho....:D

Awww, it's ok baba... I'll be ok... if I puke in the taxi, hey ho!!! :rolleyes:

As for the Paneer Rolls, maybe you can bring the wrapper for me to sniff!!! :p

Hello everyone ;-)

Please remember we are here to support each other.

There is enough people in the "real world" to spoil our days and hence this forum is all about a 2nd home you can relax and stretch out in.

Therefore please keep it friendly for the benefit of yourselves and everyone else.

Thanks

Mike

Hey guys,
It's a stressful time pre op and it works everyone up. It's horrible to see this kind of thing going on when we are all here for the same reasons. I think that minimins is a lifesaver for people who need support that isn't always available from family and friends who aren't going through the same thing. I hope you manage to make up with each other because, let's face it, dieting and preparing for the operation is enough of a stress for you, without adding to it.
Stay positive xxx

I agree... stress is one of my triggers, and so I've been avoiding the real world since starting my pre-op diet.

Disputes should never be brought onto this forum, hence my request to remove the posts!

By all means, PM me if someone has a problem or issue to take up with me, but this is a horrid way of making thoughts known :(

TBH, at this moment in time, this really has ruined it for me...

Hi Ollie,
Please don't let it ruin it for you. There are really supportive and friendly people on minimins who will give you excellent, honest advice. I have got so much out of using minimins through my journey and want you to do so too. Also, despite all the stress, please, please stick to the diet 100% because, although it's hard, it makes the op safer and you can also lose loads of weight in the process. Keep your chin up! :)

I just hate confrontation :(

Like you and Mike said, there are enough horrid things in the real world, so why bring that into the forums - they are somewhere we can come to escape all the crap and get support from like-minded peeps :D

Oh, and let's not forget the smut on Mandy's thread... always a welcome relief ;)

Teehehehe :p

x

Shelbel... you have to have 4 days of clear fluids?!!! Cripes :eek:

Luckily, I just have to do the clear stuff from 3pm the day before my op :eek:

Oh, I have found that the raspberry no added sugar Crusha is veggie!!! The other one (strawberry) isn't, though :rolleyes:

I've just had a little in my milk, and although it's not the tastiest thing in the world, it's a relief from the plain old white stuff!!! :p

I've also found a veggie alternative to Sanatogen A-Z and Centrum - Tesco's own Multivitamins and Minerals are fab!!! They're huge, but they will do for now :D

Oh, and the Hartleys pots of fat free jelly is veggie, as well... but tastes like snot!!!

Right, time for me to have a veggie oxo cube with salt and white pepper!!! Yum...

x

yup, its normally 2 days but the dietician decided longer would be fun for me!

btw, cheers for the info on the hartleys, but its about 2 days too late, have 2 pots in the cupboard ready for the weekend!

Ignore the plebs Ollie, only people who have never had a serious weight problem would fail to understand just how desperate you have to feel to even consider surgery. What you are doing could well be saving your life. You have 100% support from those of us who know you and have shared your struggles over the years. All strength to you.xx

Errrrrrrrrr...

btw, cheers for the info on the hartleys, but its about 2 days too late, have 2 pots in the cupboard ready for the weekend!

You might not be thanking me once you taste them... :rolleyes: :eek: :p

x

Ignore the plebs

I was doing just that... apparantly that's why I got the 'post' in the first place!!! I can't win, can I?!!!

Ah well... :massmoon:

Hehehe... ;)

You have 100% support from those of us who know you and have shared your struggles over the years. All strength to you.xx

And for this, I am truly grateful... it's all fair and well watching it on TV, but to speak to you guys about what to expect and how things are post-op (as well as the 'fun' of pre-op!) really has made me calmer, happier and more confident that this is the thing to do... thanks, peeps!!!

:talk017:

Back