• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Here I go... or as I like to call it, 'I'm officially turning into a Snack A Jack'

thats great Ols well done on the loss :D

All scales vary, so stick to the ones you normally use x

Ok ta hun

fanbloodytastic what you worrying for. 24lbs thats 12 bags of sugar stick them in a shopping bag and try carrying it.
HC

Good point HC and well done Ols xx

Thanks peeps... :)

I feel a lot brighter today and feel a bit silly for yesterday :eek:

Sorry... and I hope you are all doing well

x

Ooooh, have just had the most yummy dinner ever!!! :D

Made some Dalma (moong dal with spices and veggies) and had it really runny... bliss!!!

x

PS not that I'm prone to boasting (yeah yeah, you can all stop coughing!!!), but I will be seeing Mandy tomorrow for a coffee... that's if she doesn't think 'Cripes, can I tolerate Olsbols in person?!!!' :rolleyes: LOL!!! :p)

Looking foward to it, baba :)

x

(however, why you're coming to Andover when you have W'chester to shop in, I will NEVER understand!!! :D)

Met up with Mandy today... what a lovely woman!!! :)

Thanks for a wonderful chat, Mandy... you've cleared up a few things for me, and helped me to chill out regarding my obsession with calorie counting :D

Must do it again sometime...

x

Last edited:
Is anyone on protein shakes at all?

I have found a nice one in Holland and Barratt, suitable for veggies and very low fat/low sugar - thinking of giving it a go.

Any thoughts on this would be welcome :)

x

Last edited:
Hi Hun

Yes was good to meet up............. sorry it couldnt of been longer!!!!!!!!!but you know what hubby's and sons are like...........impatient!!!!!!!

Hope you enjoyed the pictures........... anytime I can help don't hesitate to ask....

were's ollie gone :confused:

Sorry... just been a bit quiet lately, not really wanting to post too much.

Anyhow, I've been in hibernation for long enough :eek:

Right... I might as well start where I left off... moaning!!!! :rolleyes:

I'm having a hard time today - I am feeling like such a pig.

So far I have had;

- a slice of toast with marmite
- a coffee
- two dst spoons of homemade cauliflower cheese with two tsp spoons of mash and mushy peas
- a Coco Pops snack bar (83 cals)
- a packet of Hula Hoops Tortilla crisps (124 cals)

And I am STILL wanting to stuff my face with more... it's all mental/boat hunger, but it's really getting me down :(

I'm only 5 weeks post op, so surely I shouldn't be eating like this? Sometimes I have a really good day, but other days I just want to pick the whole time...

I know Shaw said I would have to do the hard work with my mental hunger/habit, so I guess this is what he meant...

Sorry... just had to vent a bit

x

Last edited:
Hey!!!

Hi Ols,

Guess who? Yes, I finally am reunited with an internet connection and can join the rest of Shaw's girls on this forum! Feeling sprightly today - will sleep like the dead tonight as first day back in the office but doing well.

Love Al xx

Total lost so far: 17kgs!

Hey baba!!!

Sooooooooooooooooo good to see you online!!! :bliss:

Shaw's Girls are finally reunited :grouphugg:

Can't wait until the 29th... I'll bring the cracker!!! :giggle:

x

lovely to see you back posting ols, and flapping!

Only you can deal with the head hunger, would you try counselling for it? Distraction works well, take up knitting or cross stitch so your head and your fingers are occupied maybe?

Yeah i agree shelbel, Ols u sound like u could do with some help mate. Maybe look into it and see whats on offer. I have it with my package and its the best thing for sorting out the head part ....worth every penny if u have to pay ...a few sessions might get u on the right track xxx

ols dont want to sound hard but who does the shopping in yr house. At my house there is me and my 16yr and 19yr old boys. Since starting on this journey 12 months ago i havent bought crisp, chocolate or biscuits and only buy plain cerial as if they are in the house i eat them. I keep very little cash on me so there is no easy take aways. My biggest problem now is portion size so hopefully when i have my bypass that will be under control.
I suppose what im saying is if it isnt in the house to eat in the first place then you wont be tempted to eat it.
Like the others have said maybe so councelling or hypnotherapy even just paul mckenna i can make you thin as its all about positive thinking.
Hth
HC

I do the shopping in my house... most items I buy are low in fat and sugars, which is the first thing I look for after one of the girls told me to not worry so much about the calories and make sure that the fat and sugars are low.

I don't have loads of crap in the house...

I don't eat take-aways and I don't eat chocolate or loads of sugary biscuits etc...

These bars are small and are around 80 cals each... hardly a blow-out. OK, not exactly the best thing in the world to snack on, but I've had one, not the whole box, so I'm not going to beat myself up over it.

Actually, the HH's are made with corn and are low in fat and sugars, so that's why I bought them - as a little treat, but my tastes have changed and I don't really fancy them after having one pack.

I actually cook a lot of homemade lentil soup with mixed veggies and have been really good as far as low fat/sugar is concerned. It's just been today that I had that bar and packet of HH...

I was just feeling a bit worried as others seem to be eating less than me and feel stuffed... I can't help but compare, even though I know I shouldn't, as everyone is different :(

I'm not ravenous or anything... and I know I ate because I wanted to, not because I needed to. Without going into too much detail, I suffer from dysmenorrhea and menometrorrhagia, and have just had 6 days of hell, so my habit it to reach for something sweet. Hence the CCP bar...

What get's me is that I had one cup of Rice Crispies a couple of weeks ago and felt like I was dumping, but this bar didn't make me feel sick at all!!! Strange...

I'm still on really soft foods, everything is mush or soup apart from the occ' cracker or Ryvita mini... oh, and my slice of toast in the morning with Bertolli light and marmite!

I don't eat meat and I haven't tried more solid food since my 'incident' with the Quorn Shep' Pie!!! I'm just taking it easy... apart from today, but that is not going to be a daily habit as I tried, I ate and I didn't really enjoy it that much!!!

So something good has come from this... ;) :D

x

Last edited:
lovely to see you back posting ols, and flapping!

Only you can deal with the head hunger, would you try counselling for it?

Oh, you know me too well... I do love to flap! :rolleyes: :eek:

I had counselling a few years back and it didn't really help much...

I suppose I could ask my GP if she would refer me again, but at the end of the day, like you said, it has to come from me - I know I need to distract myself, and most days I'm ok and just have a cuppa when I feel the head hunger.

But today I was stressed out... I get good days and bad days, and today is a bad day. Feeling really down and agitated, so apologies for being the little grey cloud on the forum today!!!

Thing is, I'll be right as rain tomorrow... it really is swings and roundabouts with me at the moment, as I try and get used to other ways to comfort/amuse myself!

Liv, Shel and HC - thanks for the suggestions, and sorry for ranting... ignore me... it's usually the best way!!! ;)

x

Back