• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Here I go... or as I like to call it, 'I'm officially turning into a Snack A Jack'

Hi ols
Hope you have a better day today. Just wait till ive had my bypass and im here saying ive had a bad day as im sure i will. keep my post n yr favorites than you can tell me to practice what i preach lol.
find it really intresting about what you said about dumping with RC but being able to eat a CCP bar. since stopping lipotrim im finding RC with skimmed milk really sweet but apart from coffee its the only milk i have so maybe its the lactose in the milk thats making it taste so sweet. But if i have weetabix i get hert burn. Never thought about it really but may try milk ang yogurt for a few days and see if i still get the heart burn.
take care
HC

Thanks HC... I will keep my eyes peeled for your post-op posts ;)

LOL!!!

I am feeling A LOT better today - as a mate said to me earlier on text, I am still on mush and that doesn't fill you up quite the same as solids, so it's not like I am eating while still feeling full - I don't. Heck, I CAN'T!!!

Even if I have a tiny mouthfull too soon after the last one, it feels like it's stuck in my o'phagus!

I was just having a bad day yesterday - and when I look back on what I used to eat on a GOOD day, yesterdays food list isn't anywhere near what I used to eat when I was feeling fine, let alone when I was having a sh*te day!!! :D

So I am not down... and I am certainly not going to panic that my pouch is bigger, as it is not! I can still only take sips of fluid, and it's just taken me 40 minutes to eat a small slice of cold toast, so that's confirmed that!!!

Panic over... I will now shut up for another two weeks or so, until the next flapping session starts!!! :p

x

since stopping lipotrim im finding RC with skimmed milk really sweet but apart from coffee its the only milk i have so maybe its the lactose in the milk thats making it taste so sweet.

Yeah, everything tastes so... vivid!!! SS milk tastes like Jersey cream!!! And I can really taste the food, whereas before I would smother it in salt without tasting it beforehand :rolleyes: :eek:

You will find that your tastebuds change... but so far, mine have changed for the better!!!

I don't really crave sweets or choc or crisps - I had those things yesterday and that was it. I didn't polish off the whole bag, I had one and that was that! Didn't want anymore and certainly don't want any today :)

All the best for your op

x

Just had a fantastic day... my mate Justy came down and we spent the day together, laughing until we cried, people watching in town and generally giggling the day away!!! :D

Feel 500% better!!!

Hope you are all ok :)

x

Had a really good day today... got up extremely late and had a glass of pure pineapple juice.

Made some lentil, rice and veg soup and had that for lunch, a snackiepoo at 5pm and another bowl of soup at 9pm :)

Just had one of those CCP bars and am off to bed. Nite nite!!!

x

Woohoo!!!

Jo just called (Shaw's secretary) and there's been a cancellation... my first check-up has been brought forward to this Friday!!!

I was going up to meet the girls anyhow, so this is brilliant!!!

Woohoo!!!

:bliss::bliss::bliss:

Dont be nervous concentrate on the future, good luck to you and a massive big ((((hug))) look forward to hearing all about it....Linda x

You'll be fine, it's only a check up! Text if you start flapping, am home for a few hours x

How'd it go Ols?????

Thanks guys... it went really well :)

Shaw is more than happy with my progress - I have lost 16kgs so far and am back into the 22st range! Haven't been there since Oct 2000 :D

Shaw and I had a really good talk and he say's to carry on the way I am - he has no concerns at all and I am right on schedule with my weightloss.

Very happy and relieved!

Oh, and the Producer from the Fat Doctor prog was there for the new series... and Shaw's Girl's (Debs, Sue, Alice and me) had our pic taken together for the new leaflet!!! Fame at last!!! :giggle:

Right, time to climb into bed and ring some peeps...

x

Thanks, Linda... :)

I'm really pleased - I haven't been this light since Oct 2000!!! :bliss:

Hope all is well with you :)

x

Well, the sun maybe hiding down here, but I've just had some gorgeous strawberries and am feeling good :)

Hope everyone is having a good day... and if you're day is a bit s*ite, then here's a little :hug99:

But beware of my sticky strawberry hands (cripes, they were juicy!!!) :D

x

Mmmm sounds good. I am now off on a hunt for blackberries and sloes - time to make sloe gin for christmas!! Glad friday went well for you x

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... just off to chop up the rest of the strawberries and settle down in front of the box to watch "Fat Doctor' on Sky 144... bliss!!!

:bliss:

Back