• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi its sugga! Im so happy to be back.

sugga

Hello everyone, im so glad to be back with all my amazing friends.

Thankyou all so much for caring and supporting me in one way or another. I have just read the thread that bev put up for me, and i have never in my life felt so special and loved.

I didnt realise that such people existed and im quite overwelmed and touched to say the least.

Oh gosh, its certainly been a journey in itself from the start of the milk diet to now.

Today is the first day that iv felt able to come on here to say THANK YOU ALL FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART AND BEYOND, I LOVE YOU ALL.

I was so glad to be home on Monday afternoon and hopped straight into bed...its not been nice...in fact its still not nice but im improving every day. Today has been the best day so far.

The main worry for me was am i doing things right, as the surgical ward at the hospital didnt have a clue, so i was basically sent home and left to carry out the things that i had learned from this site.

Iv spoken to the Dietician this morning and she is trying to urge me to complain to the Chief Executive as she has complaints from everyone who has been on the surgical ward for wls. She said that if we dont complain then nothing will get done for future patients and that my main worry.
Lots of people havent had the help, support and advise from a site like this and they would certainly end up very ill.
Anyway i took the address from Liz and i will write the letter when i am better.

Well my little darlings, what more can i say or do to thank you all except to continue to help and support you all on this forum and maybe one day i will be able to thank you all in person, that would be lovely.

To our amazing Bev who without doubt is a God send to us all...Thankyou so much sweetheart. xxx

To Charis, thankyou for your prayers, and i did exactly what you advised me to do as i was being put to sleep..God took good care of me and he held my hand all the way..bless you. xx

Claire, Dizzy, Vixxx, Rosabel, Jac, thankyou for your messages and text they kept me going. xx

And thankyou to everyone else the list would be to long but you know who you are...bless you all. xxx

Im tired now chucks so going to rest a bit..oh i cant wait to start feeling normal again haha. xxxx

Fantastic to have you back Sugga - take it easy and have a good rest.

Angela xx

So lovely to hear from you Andrea, Bev has kept us all informed of your progress but theres nothing like hearing from the actual person :D It really knowcks you for six doesnt it! Im pleased that some people seem to fly through without much pain and to be honest I didnt really sugfer much with pain but I felt like Id been run over lol....I was exhausted felt overall rough as a dogs **** :D It does get easier though and you are through the worst now.
I agree you should compllain if theres a chance it might make the experience better for others who come after you. In this day and age the services should be in place for every type of surgery.
Im sure you will be getting lots of sleep over the next few days and thats probably the best thing you can do, dont try and do too much and let your body make the pace for your recovery (((HUGS))) XX

Welcome Home Sugga, so happy to hear that you have come through the op ok. Now just get plenty of rest and take it easy while you recover.

Yay ! Welcome back Andrea ! Take it easy now, get plenty of sleep and let your body heal in its own time. Keep letting us know how you're doing and how we can best help you. xxx

Bless you Andrea.

Take one day at a time precious... as the days unfold, it gets easier and you have us all here if you need any of us anytime.

So pleased you are home and have your own bed Angel.

Delegate and rest as much as it takes....

I won't tire you now, but lovely to see you back on here and I agree, we are so well prepared for our surgery after our discussions on the forum and we are certainly in a better place than some of the nursing staff who treat us as though it's simply 'a gastro operation'... well done and keep plodding.

I was quite lucky at Salford that Mr Ammori had reached the surgical team on the ward and they were more informed about wls after care, but it must have been an awful predicament when you are looking for care and appropriate support when you are feeling unwell and tired.

You have done so well.

God Bless,
Bev xxx

Welcome back Andrea so good to see you posting. I wish you stress free healing, you take care of yourself now.

Big hug

Linski xxx

:553: Welcome back and wishing you a speedy recovery.:553: Welcome to the losers bench.:happy096:

great to see you posting again sugga - hope your recovering well luv, get some rest! xxxx

Great to see you back and on here again, keep resting when your body wants to, it really does know best.
Hope you have a quick recovery.

Welcome home sugga :) ...
i trully believe in the healing powers of sleep and rest .... i hope your getting plenty of both xxx

welcome home Sugga! So nice to hear from you :D

If complaining helps the next person in surgery then id do it (wait until your feeling much better though!)

You take care and rest up x

Sugga it's lovely to see you back safe n sound...

Now you be sure to rest and gather your strength, let your loved ones look after you and regain your equilibrium....

Be sure to sip, sip, sip :) xx

welcome back andrea, its good to see u posting again, make sure you rest n sip, rest n sip, i bet your fed up of hearing that arnt you, we should release a site song called rest n sip shouldnt we, lol. its our mantra. i think its disgusting the way you were treated on the ward, and i hope you feel up to complaining about it soon, i feel sorry for anyone who dosnt have the support links that we all have, its awful to think about what some ppl will be going through on their own isnt it. anyway, great to have you back with us, we've really missed you. great big hugs, xxx

Glad your back with us Sugga and all is well , so pleased for you !! Sending you healing hugs xx

Thank you everyone, im sipping and resting and feeling better by the day.

Im trying to gradually catch up on the forum and you are all in my thoughts.

My bloatedness is slowly easing and im doing as good as can be expected at this stage.

Still have dressing to change each day and i was so amazing at how small the little cuts are they are tiny.

Im losing weight daily and will weigh in on Saturday even though Monday was the day i got weighed.

Iv lost 22lb since the start of my horrendous milk diet including 10lb lost since Monday, not bad going eh.

Thanks and Huggs to you all. xxxx

Back