• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi its sugga! Im so happy to be back.

Way to go Andrea ! Onwards and downwards eh ?! :8855:

Fantastic Andrea, you are doing really well. The cuts are so small I couldnt believe it! The docs are really clever arent they! :D XX

Thank you Rose and Jac up and downwards indeed haha.xxx

Welcome back! Well done on your weight loss. It's lovely to have you back.
Big hugs.
Grace xxx

Thank you Grace and im glad your back too and will be reading all about it.xx

Im doing really well, infact too well i think. No wind, No pain, healing nicely and eating more and more each day.

Im managing a ramekin not full to the top of strained soup or pureed food that i made. Only having 3 meals a day and cheese triangles in between and will finish the day off with half a cup of a milky drink.

I dont allow myself to get really full and stop eating when i am comfortably full and then i dont drink anything for 1 hour, that way im not suffering with wind or anything, just bloated from the food.

When i was in hospital there was a younger girl in the bed oppisite who had lost 13 stone in 12 months and was in because she kept being sick. She asked me if i had cheated on the milk diet and i said "hell no i was scared to death to touch anything i swear", well the girl smiled and said well i did, i had 6 chicken nuggets every single day on the milk diet.... well i could not believe it.

There was another lady who had bypass 3 years ago and had got to goal after losing 11 stone and she was telling me that she has eaten fried chips, sausage rolls, pies, crisps, chocolate ect both these woman had had problems through and couldnt understand how i was managing to go for little walks and wasnt sick and in bed as they were.

I listened to there stories and wondered to myself how on earth had they lost so much weight in the first place but they admitted to being sick after every meal and as far as im concerned they did it the hard way from the beginning.

There are going to be times when im going to slip cos im not perfect but there is no way i will make myself intentially sick so eary on by stuffing my face with pies ect.

Its a learning curb for us all and some have more bad times than others dont they but all we can do is learn to love our little pouchy, take care of it by watching what we put into it and treat it with respect....OH HOW I LOVE MY LIL POUCHY, BLESS IT...ITS ONLY TINY AND IM GOING TO TAKE GOOD CARE OF IT ALWAYS hahaha.

I cant wait to be able to go for a walk and drive the car but im giving myself another week and ill be patient.

One funny thing that im astounded with is that i have always bitten my nails and i mean always. Well i didnt bite them from the start of my milk diet as i didnt want them to look to terrible whilst in hospital, and do you know what, i havent bitten them since. Im not sure if its through having the bypass or that i dont want to risk bits of nail getting swallowed and hurting my beautiful little pouchy but my nails have grown for the first time every and the other day i put some nail vanish on which belongs to my youngest daughter hahahaha how weird is this, its mind blowing for me. They are not long abviously but long enough to just manage nail varnish...maybe this is a sign of how good things are going to get for me...i dont know.

Anyway if you read this then thank you...as you all will already know i have my moments on here where i cant shut up lol...good job its not to often.ha.

Hope you are all well, its still lovely and sunny here in Sheffield. xxxx

Woohhhooooo you are doing so well Andrea, Im really pleased for you. Well done on your attitude about the pouch too, Ive met a few people who I am suprised at! I would be too scared to do the things they have on the milk diet and since surgery :eek: I am sure there will come a time like most of us will where I will eat something completely stupid and regret it but not as early as the milk diet and first few weeks after lol. Oh well......not everyone can be as angelic as me and you hun ;) XX

what a lovely happy post Sugga! Congratulations on your new nails! Well unless you want to puree them, I would think its a good idea to not bite your nails, LOL!
I know what you mean about people cheating....I'll admit to having the odd 'naughty' thing...but actually less and less! Today on the way home we stopped at the services - I had bacon, egg and beans (kid's portion - I ate about 1/4!) - that was the healthiest cooked thing I could find (for brekky); .......hubby and kids had burgers and chips! :rolleyes:

Now chips used to be my big weakness - but I had ONE of my son's today - and realised it tasted of cardboard! I don't actually LIKE chips any more!:eek::D

Oh, I didn't cheat on the milk diet either : I was too scared to as well!

I think as long as we re-train ourselves to eat differently and healthily, we will love our pouches and hopefully, they will love us back! But its a process, trial and error, and a learning curve....but you're definitely starting off with the right attitude Andrea! :D

Lol Angelic? erm yes i do agree ha.
Thanks jac, its just nice to feel full most of the time.
I must admit i was ready for my breakfast when i got up this morning though but through the day i dont really feel the hunger, and before i know where i am its 6.30 and iv not had tea yet..how good is that haha xxx

Its brill isnt it :D I still cant say I feel hunger.....some days I want to eat but thats different its just because Ive realised that I havnt eaten for hours. I wish the hunger never came back but unfortunately it will! Fingers crossed I can be as strong when it does. Congrats on the nails too :D I like nice nails and when mine are an ok length I always paint them and even nail art them :D XX

Grace, when i was in hospital and feeling so ill the last thing i wanted to here from anyone was anything negative.

They were saying, Oh andrea you can eat this and you can eat that and giving me allsorts of wrong advise. Im glad i knew better and put what i had learned on this site to good use. The two woman ended up having words with each other because they just clashed as one thought they knew better than the other.
I was so so glad to get home.

I just cant wait to get a few more stone off so i might begin to feel lighter in myself...at least i know that it will happen and it will stay off lol...xxxx

oh Andrea that must've been so awful - the very last thing you needed! I'm so glad you knew better because of our forum love! You will be feeling lighter in no time honey. I'm finding my size and shape changing almost every week at the moment.

Jacqui I do feel hunger now sometimes; not every day though and not like before. And my restriction is so good it doesn't take much to feel full - often a small skinny latte coffee is enough! :) I do work hard at making good choices though, even if I'm feeling hungry. I reckon we have this amazing opportunity to make positive life-style changes, and its up to us to make the most of it!

Back