• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi

That's great.. Lets hope it sticks around to allow u to loose some weight, rebuild some motivation..!
I know we new we wouldn't get skinny straight away, but this is harder then I imagined..

Been hungry for 2 days and feel I could eat portion size I want.. Occasional niggle in my back that tells me my band is actually there.. Plus Craving sweet stuff a treat!!

In work for 3 days now so that will help shift the couple of pounds I recon I have put on the last 3 days (dare not weigh myself!)
People are always asking what I've lost, they expect me to shrink straight away!! And getting a bit fed up of explaining how the band works!! Haha..

Anyhow I'm positive that I will have a great Christmas night out in a little black dress!! Just got to be patient...
And after years of fatness and yo-yoing I guess that shouldn't be this hard..

I ha the dietician ring me today, I'm not getting enough crunchy foods in, that's why I'm still hungry all the time she reckons, so need to build that into my diet more , as my diary is shown it's still all quite soft foods I'm eating x

I have to say Emm the dietician said the same to me, so once I am off sloppy tomorrow I am going to make a determined effort to eat more crunchy! I know how you feel Loo, I didn't tell many folks but one person who knows is asking for my weight loss every day !!!

Emma just out of interest did the dietician make any suggestions on what crunchy foods you should be eating? I would be interested to know. Thanks

Yes hun, she said to put dried fruit on my breakfast cereals, eat crackers with lunch, eat crunchy undercooked vegetables with tea , basically the more crunchy veg you can have through the day the better. Belvita breakfast biscuits for snack if needed. Xx

Thanks Emma. I will give these things a try. I don't tend to eat cereals as carb contents scares me and also my band is too tight in the mornings. Will def try the veg and crackers.

Morning ladies.. Hope everyone is well. I'm off for my last of three 12 hour day, only off for one then back in for another two. Kids back to school on Thursday... :-( so I'm thinking I should start with some sort of exercise plan!!
I don't wanna over so it as I will never stick to it, so gonna start lots of walking, I have a dog so no excuse, plus I got a bike in the shed so maybe in a few weeks I will pull that baby out.. Haha.

So I've lost another pound due to long days I think, I've been having those breakfast biscuits then tiny lunch, tiny tea.. Odd treat in-between..
And feel ok with that, it's when I'm off I wanna eat eat eat..! Lost 14 ish so far... That's about 40% of my excess weight gone, hopefully this time to be never seen again...

Got a fill next Wednesday so looking forward to that.. Just want enough to stop me being a pig on my cruise..

Well that's me, have a nice day ladies.

Morning ladies.. Hope everyone is well. I'm off for my last of three 12 hour day, only off for one then back in for another two. Kids back to school on Thursday... :-( so I'm thinking I should start with some sort of exercise plan!!
I don't wanna over so it as I will never stick to it, so gonna start lots of walking, I have a dog so no excuse, plus I got a bike in the shed so maybe in a few weeks I will pull that baby out.. Haha.

So I've lost another pound due to long days I think, I've been having those breakfast biscuits then tiny lunch, tiny tea.. Odd treat in-between..
And feel ok with that, it's when I'm off I wanna eat eat eat..! Lost 14 ish so far... That's about 40% of my excess weight gone, hopefully this time to be never seen again...

Got a fill next Wednesday so looking forward to that.. Just want enough to stop me being a pig on my cruise..

Well that's me, have a nice day ladies.

Getting some exercise really helps with reducing eating a hell of alot for me. Since June I've been doing Bikram yoga everyday and my appetite just disappeared and it reinforced my search for healthier foods.

Also last week I fell the of wagon and had some junk days, I forget how good Nandos chips and Coke tasted, but I think the exercise actually stopped the pounds piling on.

I was also told by my Surgeon this week that exercise with the band is really important because it helps tone the body and skin up, leading to less loose skin so get on your bike for sure.

Hungry loo !! Well no not hungry but I can eat anything !! And lots or it :(

And it can take a long while until you get to a point where this changes, I'm 12 1/2 months post band and can still despite 6 or 7 fills still eat anything and lots of it, and I still have hunger pretty constantly. You're still very early post band surgery, and the band is certainly a longer term weight loss method that requires a lot of patience (and willpower!)

And it can take a long while until you get to a point where this changes, I'm 12 1/2 months post band and can still despite 6 or 7 fills still eat anything and lots of it, and I still have hunger pretty constantly. You're still very early post band surgery, and the band is certainly a longer term weight loss method that requires a lot of patience (and willpower!)

Can I just a ask. If this is the case

"despite 6 or 7 fills still eat anything and lots of it"

What is the point of having the band? Or do you think at some point you will feel a restriction?

Sorry for the questions it's I'm only one week post OP so still have lots to find out x

I've thought the same thing, have I wasted 5 grand!! But it must take a while to find that sweet spot at times, or else I can't think why you get 2 yrs of "free fills" as such. I think some can be lucky and get there after a few and others must take time, especially if ur only getting 0.5 every couple months x I think we just have to keep the faith and work to get there x

I was wanting to ask this too.. If u have no restriction, and can eat what u want and hunger, how have you lost 10 stone this time??

I've only had 2 fills and don't intend on getting anymore, I know I have reached the perfect limit for me but that being said the band isn't a miracle worker, its just a tool to help us. I can eat crisps and chocolate no problem....but I choose not to. Without my band I know I wouldn't be as happy as I am today x

Back