• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How did your xmas dinner go down today

BEXS99

Loves this site x
Hi all just interested to see how we post oppers got on today, I never had alot, bit of turkey, parsnip, pig in blanket and that was it, got full after that and never wanted to push it, and tea time had slice of ham, bit of cheese and did sin and have a mouthful of cheese cake for pud.

Hope you all had a good day, and how did you get on.

Merry christmas xxx

:4616::xmassign::109::48::xmastree:

suzz69uk

mmm, 5months out and managed great, very surprised!
I had a couple of spoons of pea and ham soup then half hour later i had my dinner which consisted of half a slice of chicken, pig in blanket, half scoop mash, 2 sprouts, and a Tea spoon of carrot and turnip. was absolutely amazing! last year i had a huge platefull, plus dessert and then some! what a difference a year makes huh!

Miss Tickle

I did well at lunchtime. Bite of turkey, bite of beef, bite of sausage meat ball, half a chestnut, teaspoon carrot and potato mash and a bite of roastie. For tea i had some more of the same, but a bit bigger portion.
Sadly I have also noshed my way through four profiteroles and two after eights during the course of the day!
Am coveting the profiteroles still !!

My dinner was soso had soup for starters couldn't really eat much but having lovely dinner and lovely day got spoilt by my boyfriend? Xxx merry Christmas peeps ;)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Montana

That all sounds bloomin lovely!! I had half a mug of tomato soup whilst watching my other half and his family nosh on the biggest plates of sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, roast parsnips, roast spuds, belly pork, pigs in blankets, pork and chestnut stuffing and lashings of gravy followed by the thickest slices of chocolate log covered in cream!!

Although it looked bloody gorgeous I wasn't that bothered about not being able to eat it though to be fair :) Can't wait to have a mini xmas dinner next year though!!

H xx

Clairey1975

Hello folks, I am only 9 days post op but I had a fabulous pureed up christmas dinner, it was the best thing I've ever tasted!! Guess that's because the last few
Weeks have been milk and soup!! I had a moment earlier when I forgot(!?) and popped a tiny leftover potato into my mouth, had such pain as I clearly didn't chew it enough! Doh. Anyway one it managed to work it's way down all is ok! These pesky old habits! Happy Christmas everyone x

mariew

For starter I had a tiny piece of Pate, half a teasppon of ratatouille chutney with a melba toast. Then I had tiny slices of Turkey, gammon and beef. I chantanay carrot, one and a half sprouts a tiny piece of parsnip and a pig in blanket. The inlaws couldn't believe how little I had on my plate, but i didn't miss it. Then for tea I had 10g turkey, 10g gammon, a bit of chutney and some iceberg lettuce. the a clementine.

luckyla

I didn't do that well :-(
I had a tiny amount of turkey, sweet potato, a tiny chipolata, a couple of brussel sprouts and probably a tablespoon of peas. Even though I hardly ate anything the taste of the different things was lovely :)
I also treated myself to a small serving of Christmas pudding and cream a while later which was wonderful!
I'm usually extremely strict with myself, but yesterday and today I've allowed myself two chocolates a day as a treat. And, a few crisps today and yesterday. So all in all, good so far ;-)
As someone else said, when I think what I ate and drank last year having this op was the best decision I've ever made!

BEXS99

Loves this site x
I've just had 5 chicken wings to and might treat myself to an after eight mint in a min x

JED

I had 2 small spuds 1 slice of turkey few veges and 2 tiny pigs in blankets no starter it took a while but i got there then for afters a small bowl of trifle in fact thats the most ive eaten at one time in 6.5 months so i was well happy

Louanne79

I had a large slice of turkey, 1/2 a pig in a blanket, 1 small roast potato and some mash.
I didn't eat my starter (tomato soup), but managed about a third of a small toffee sundae (just ice cream with a drizzle of sauce).
We always go out for Christmas, and I have to thank the restaurant who were more than happy to let me have a child's lunch today.
Merry Christmas!
xXx

SARAH S

Here comes the new me
We always have our main Christmas Dinner on Christmas Eve...I was cooking for 10.

I spent a lovely afternoon pottering around the kitchen, we have a vegetarian in the family so her's is cooked minus any meaty things, mine without any fat:)

I ate a small slice of turkey thigh, a small potato, a bit of homemade stuffing and delicious gravy. Not bothered about sweet stuff, but enjoyed a glass of Rose too.....very happy:D

MissDiet

Come on lbs!!!
Ive had 2 xmas dinners today lol

Went down lovely.

Had xmas pud with double cream.

Bloody love my bypass!!

X

Denise Morris

No starter but had the equivalent of a small M&S roast chicken meal for one, sort of looked lost on my plate, followed by a slice of vienetta ice cream (did not dare try xmas pud), ate late afternoon so did not bother with tea.

nichola24

my christmas dinner wasnt that exciting lol, i had chicken, mash, cabbage, carrots, brussels, tiny bit of stuffing, and tiny bit of pig in blanket, my own special cranberry sauce and gravey all whizzed up to slop form, didnt look as appertising afterwards lol but at least it wasnt damn soup lol!

greyputy

Sleever :)
I seemed to be eating all day, just grazed to get the flavours.
BREKKIE was slice of burgen bread with bacon
Snack (mid morning) 3 purple ones
LUNCH couple of bites smoked salmon with Philli light
STARTER (mid afternoon) 3 tempura prawns with chilli dip and crayfish cocktail couple of mouthfuls.

DINNER was full monty served on a side plate . 1 roastie, 1 parsnip, 1 carrot, spoon of turnip, floret of cauli cheese, 3 sprouts, 3 devils in horse back, sliver of pork, turkey and goose, spoon of home made sausage meat with gravy. Picked tiny taste of each at sitting. Then picked at it the rest of the night til finished. Took ne a few hours but didnt feel deprived at all :) Delish

Final SNACK couple of quality st. Tipped me over a bit.
A week left of mashy food before introducing normal but I chewed like a cow on grass ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

BlueDiamond

I had, 2 potatoes. small amount of chicken, 3 Brussels, one stuffing ball wrapped in bacon and gravy.....its was lush, took me time and made sure I enjoyed every mouthful. x didn't have no starter or afters or I wouldn't of been able to eat me dinner as I was looking forward to that the most.

POPPET

Sunny Horizons
For starter I had a tiny piece of Pate, half a teasppon of ratatouille chutney with a melba toast. Then I had tiny slices of Turkey, gammon and beef. I chantanay carrot, one and a half sprouts a tiny piece of parsnip and a pig in blanket. The inlaws couldn't believe how little I had on my plate, but i didn't miss it. Then for tea I had 10g turkey, 10g gammon, a bit of chutney and some iceberg lettuce. the a clementine.

:wave_cry:Very,very similar to my intake today,
:)xx

Raynebubble

hiya im on pureed so had the following..

Breakfast: 3/4 reduced sugar rusk with milk
Lunch: 1/2 tin country veg soup

Xmas Dinner: 1 small boiled potato, slice of turkey, heaped teaspoon of stuffing, 1 brussle sprout, 2 teaspoons of carrots and peas... all pureed with bisto...i ate all of it.. and it was actually quite yummy.

dinner was quiet late so i didnt manage to get in a hot choccie... but drunk lots of Cranberry juice with water and had a couple of cups of tea

TwinkleTwinkle

A Very Happy Bunny
My son in law cooked our Christmas dinner (& a fabulous job he did of it too, yum) so I was determined not to make it all about me & what I can & can't eat, so he gave me everything everyone else had, but only about a third as much & I ate everything with no problems at all. We had a starter, again just a small amount but passed on the dessert as my self limiting tum said enough is enough. I can't tell you how happy I am, especially as this morning I had lost 3lbs since the 23rd :D:D I don't drink so don't need to save any calories for this purpose :D xxx