• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How do you see yourself??

as the rest have said, i still see myself as the near 30 stone bloke i once was, i buy trousers and think they'll never go on, same for shirts, sad, but true, i think it'll take me some years at goal for my mind to catch up, and realise i'm there to stay this time

Hi,

Ive lost about 5 stone but to be honest I don't notice it really, yes my clothes feel looser and all my trousers are far too long now (grrrr keep walking on the hem it's really annoying) but I haven't gone down in clothes sizes enough to warrant buying new clothes.

I still feel really fat to be honest and still freakish!! It won't be until I can get down to a size 20 that i think I'll start to feel better and im afraid i have an awfully long way and time to go.

Great Thread!!

Thanks Paula XX

You're doing so well tho Paula :) it will happen
Have you got your next check up appointment yet?
Mine is the 19th oct

When I was fat I just wanted to be smaller, and I was certain I wouldn't be bothered by the loose skin, but now I am smaller, I do still look gross with my clothes off. However, with my clothes on, you wouldn't know, so I am not as bothered about that as I was about being fat. You can see in my pics. If I was brave enough I would put a naked pic on!!

It is hard to get used to still not being 'right' and probably even if I got the skin sorted, I would still find something negative.

We need to focus on the positives, like being healthy!

Rx

I have in the last few dress sizes down got used to the fact that I'm a normal size now - it took a while though. The realisation came the other day when I was on the bus sitting down and looked at the seat next to me and could actually see the join between the two seats (i.e. my butt wasn't spread over to the next seat!). When i started putting on weight I had the same problem in reverse - I kidded myself for a long time that I wasn't big and tried to squeeze into much smaller sizes - I guess it takes our brains a while to get used to the change - bigger or smaller.

Back