• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how long to wait

claires

i have received my funding for my bypass at salford....how long did people wait for an appointment once you had recieved your funding letter..im wanting to get things moving fast...

i got my funding in november and my first appointment was middle of december hun but thats at calderdale and kirklees so will be different for you, i have had all my tests now and will be seeing my suregeon again on the 25th of april then i can go on the waiting list for the op which is an 18 week waiting list hope yours doesnt take long but will probably be different to mine,
Take care xx

Most people seem to have a total process time of 1-2 years from first GP appt to Op. Patients seems to be the toughest thing for most of us!
Good Luck xx

Mine went really fast, funding end of November, first appointment early December and bypassed end of February. I do Hava a fantastic GP Who pushed everything through for me, even doing the appeal when funding was first turned down.

Paul

I enquired about surgery in November, saw my surgeon in December and had my band done at the start of febuary. I had to pay for my own surgery though

Funding came in June as my hospital only started doing the op Aug/Sep I got first appointment Sep (on my birthday)

Hope it happens as fast as you want it.
I would say though don't raise your hopes as each hosp is different we sometimes have a 4 month wait between appointments at mine and you need to go 5 times before op

Back