• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I still feel fat

selena100

I think I'm developing body dysmorphic disorder . I'm 5'4 and 8.4st now but still feel fat , I think its because my tummy over hangs so much. I'm booked up to have a fleur de lys tummy tuck and boob lift in March so hoping that will help me feel better about my self . Does anyone else feel like this ?

Paula Garner

I think I'm developing body dysmorphic disorder . I'm 5'4 and 8.4st now but still feel fat , I think its because my tummy over hangs so much. I'm booked up to have a fleur de lys tummy tuck and boob lift in March so hoping that will help me feel better about my self . Does anyone else feel like this ?

I feel exactly the same. I've requested a referral to psychology from my team, to see if that helps. It may be worth you considering the same, if the plastics don't improve how you feel about yourself :)

helloeverybody83

Oh bless your heart! That seems such a shame when you've done so well.
Really hope that you manage to shake this feeling and come through the other side xxx

SleeveGirl

I'm 5'3 and 8.11st and I feel the same too hun so you're not alone.

If I could I would have a boob job and tummy tuck, just can't afford to right now.

Katy x

ThinnerJemima

Here all the time.....
Same here. BUT is this a bad thing? If so why is it a bad thing?

I've just (quite literally) had a boob job and tummy tuck. Initial results are wow, what a difference. I've only had 1kg taken off as skin and fat.

Still want the scales to say 3kg less. I am going to have a flatter tummy in jeans if/when I get well enough to wear them, the pain is intense at the moment.

My best friend has been mentioning bodymorphic disorder for many months now. But why is it bad to have?

nicola1723

BDD Body Dysmorphic Disorder is very damaging. It's becoming increasingly common as, particularly, young women strive to look like super thin celebs. Thinking you are fat/obese, when you are not can cause a lot of problems like anorexia, depression, bulimia, sexual dysfunction etc.

After wls, the losses can be so quick, the brain does not adjust as quick. I've had this trouble too. I think everyone who has had surgery should have regular psychologist appointments. X

SleeveGirl

Same here. BUT is this a bad thing? If so why is it a bad thing?

I've just (quite literally) had a boob job and tummy tuck. Initial results are wow, what a difference. I've only had 1kg taken off as skin and fat.

Still want the scales to say 3kg less. I am going to have a flatter tummy in jeans if/when I get well enough to wear them, the pain is intense at the moment.

My best friend has been mentioning bodymorphic disorder for many months now. But why is it bad to have?

Hi Jemima,

I hope the intense pain eases for you soon :)

If you don't mind me asking, how much was your boob job and tummy tuck and where did you have it done?

Katy x

WeightlossDreamer

firstly girls well done on your achievements i think its fab youve all done so well. Secondly its nice to hear people being open and honest about they way they feel. I'm not long into my wls journey and although ive lost over 3 stone sometimes i find it really difficult to see a noticable difference.
I think the bad thing about body dismorphic disorder after wls is it could prompt a relapse feeling fat so you think f**k it im fat anyway ill just eat n eat.
I would defs think about seeing someone about it youve done soo well its time to celebrate and enjoy what youve achieved x x

ThinnerJemima

Here all the time.....
I'm really trying to eat as much as my stomach will let me. I don't think I'm getting anorexic, my stomach just doesn't like food it it and rebels.

I went to the McIndoe centre in East Grinstead (it turns out to be the one on loads of channel 4 programs recently) and paid just under £9000 for the combined. Not too close to me but worth the journey. Fab surgeon and about £3500 ish cheaper than my closer hospital of choice.

It hurts ;)

SleeveGirl

I bet the results will look amazing :)

Hope the recovery is quick for you :) xx