• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm here

So I was supppse to have a bypass but I have had a firsr step sleeve which went very well. I will be back in 6-9 months to have the bypass done. I should ne going home either tomorrow or Wednesday. Thanks for all the lovely messages x
That's great hun and congrats to making it to the losers bench :D ..so why the sleeve? Did they give you a reason?

Glad all went well. I haven't heard of a first step sleeve. Hope you are feeling good and looking forward to your updatesxx
Yep this is what sleeves where originally used for until they realised it was actually really good as a permanent solution especially with the reduced grehlin(sp)

They say on the consemt go if they cannot do the bypass they will do a first step sleeve
The surgeon said that my bowl was too hard to re rout it all

Never mind hun at least you are well on the way to a new you. Rest up and heal up hun tc xx

Glad your ok, could you just get by with the sleeve? People seem to do so well with it.

I could but I'm not sure if my diabetes and other problems. As they say in for a penny in for a pound. So would like a bypass

Hi Clare. I'm glad you're recovering ok.

I know it's a disappointment - I was dreading coming round and hearing they had had to do a sleeve but better to have you safely back with us and going back to have it completed early next year than anything else xx

Clare, I too was sleeved instead of bypassed. I really wanted a bypass but they found some duodenal polyps so I couldn't.
I was quite disappointed but not, 8 weeks post op, I've lost almost 16kg and I'm quite happy with my sleeve.
I'm afraid of long term management when hunger can come back but that, I gather, can happen with bypass too.

Back