• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm HOME!!

drod78

I'm officially home from the hospital stayed there for 2 days. I still have some discomfort due to the gas in my system I haven't been able to pass it so the Dr said it might take a few days. I'm glad I'm here just looking forward to getting some rest in my own bed and sticking to these next few weeks of diets until I'm able to eat regular food. I have recognized my new full and it seems unpleasant feels like I'm about to explode I have yet to finish anything I eat and I'm pretty sure it's going to be like that for a while.. Here's to my new journey to a healthier, happier, more structured life!!!!

I bet you are glad to be home, glad it all went well and hope the wind "passes" :D soon

Congrats on making it to the losers bench drod :) ... Rest and heal now x

Drod78 - you say in your original post an hour ago that you are home two days after your op, and yet to finish anything you eat. Can I ask what food your provider is expecting you to eat so soon after your bypass? X

Drod78 - you say in your original post an hour ago that you are home two days after your op, and yet to finish anything you eat. Can I ask what food your provider is expecting you to eat so soon after your bypass? X

Just chicken,beef,or vegetable broth jello or water,juice,tea

Gastric bypass I'm starting to get headaches any suggestions??

Could be dehydration - are you sipping lots of water?

Glad you are now home safely...hoping you feel better soon....Have lots of rest and things should be better before long...

You are only a few days post-op with your bypass. For the first two weeks after my bypass in the UK it was 125ml per hr of simple fluid (eg water, tea, coffee, semi skimmed milk, no added sugar squash, thin smooth soup or yoghurt, and so on) for 16 hrs a day, sipped over 15 mins. Nothing else. Moving on in weeks 3-4 through purees which can be consumed through a wide straw by end week 4. Lumps/solids were only introduced in week 5 and were a challenge and some simple things even still are. As others have said here, the head ache could be dehydration - your egg-size pouch will only be able to hold so much so maybe concentrate on staight simple fluids to keep your hydration level up, and re-visit the more 'challenging' options when you feel better.

You are only a few days post-op with your bypass. For the first two weeks after my bypass in the UK it was 125ml per hr of simple fluid (eg water, tea, coffee, semi skimmed milk, no added sugar squash, thin smooth soup or yoghurt, and so on) for 16 hrs a day, sipped over 15 mins. Nothing else. Moving on in weeks 3-4 through purees which can be consumed through a wide straw by end week 4. Lumps/solids were only introduced in week 5 and were a challenge and some simple things even still are. As others have said here, the head ache could be dehydration - your egg-size pouch will only be able to hold so much so maybe concentrate on staight simple fluids to keep your hydration level up, and re-visit the more 'challenging' options when you feel better.

Thanks for the info Lilac

Back