• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

IM LOSING MY BEST FRIEND

Footprints is such a wonderful poem, I'm glad you know it. Just believe that God is there for you. I do

Hi Georgina,
My mum died two months ago after a short illness(pancreatic cancer -she died 7 weeks after diagnosis). I know exactly what you are going through - you try to pack a lifetime of memories into those precious days. Remember to take care of yourself. My sisters and I were really grateful for the support we got from Marie Curie and MacMillan nurses. At first we were reluctant to allow anyone else to help but we realised that getting a good nights sleep once in a while meant that we could benefit more from the time we spent with her. We talked a lot, shared memories, looked a photo albums etc - and left nothing unsaid. I miss her terribly but I am also grateful for the time we were able to devote to her. Take care X

Dear Georgina

I do hope you have your mum with you for a long time yet. Having lost mine in Dec 2006 I totally know how you are feeling. I am sending you a big ((((hug))) as you need to be strong and it is not easy. I know you will treasure every minute you have with your mum and I am praying for your mum, you and your family

Lots of love
Irene xx

hi all once again thank u all so much it means so much to me at the moment, to think of u all being there and praying for my wonderful mam means the world to me im very touched and having read ur threads about ur own personal experiences with ur own mothers was very touching, thank u for sharing it with me and everyone, it just goes to show that there are decent people like yourselves willing to give someone like me support, thank u so much from the bottom of my heart, the update on mam today is that shes the same as yesterday and i di manage to get to her eat 3 times today and i was glad of that, take care everyone and bless u all lv georgina xxxxxx

for everybody out there:

Footprints in the Sand One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky. In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand. Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other times there were one set of footprints. This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life, when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat, I could see only one set of footprints. So I said to the Lord, "You promised me Lord, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there have only been one set of footprints in the sand. Why, when I needed you most, you have not been there for me?" The Lord replied, "The times when you have seen only one set of footprints in the sand, is when I carried you." Mary Stevenson

Hi Georgina, sorry to hear about your mum,but appreciate you sharing it with us -god bless and help you both get through this difficult time.

awww honey what a difficult time for you. My thoughts go out to you. Be strong and treasure this time.

hi all once again thank u all so much it means so much to me at the moment, to think of u all being there and praying for my wonderful mam means the world to me im very touched and having read ur threads about ur own personal experiences with ur own mothers was very touching, thank u for sharing it with me and everyone, it just goes to show that there are decent people like yourselves willing to give someone like me support, thank u so much from the bottom of my heart, the update on mam today is that shes the same as yesterday and i di manage to get to her eat 3 times today and i was glad of that, take care everyone and bless u all lv georgina xxxxxx

Hiya

Sending you and your mum lots of love and hugs you are both very special people. I have a special relationship with my Mum like you she is my best friend and she will be supporting me through my op and afterwards so I can understand how you feel.

Anyway just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you xxx

Hi georgina.
Sorry I haven't been online for a day or two. Got caught up with other stuff. I read your thread & feel nothing but deep sorrow for you. You have offered so much help & comfort to others, yet you've been going through this living nightmare of your own. I wouldn't presume to try to give you any advice, only to let you know that after reading this a couple of days ago, you haven't been out of my mind. I feel so badly that your mum is in such a dreadful place and I know you must feel so much anguish seeing her like that. The only thing I could say that might bring any comfort is that your mum knows how much she is loved. Many people pass from this world without that feeling of being cared for and important to someone and that must be awful. She will know that you have been with her and have done everything you could to make her last days as happy as possible.
I am sending positive thoughts to you and I'm thinking of you often.
Take care to you & your family.
Lou.

Hiya Hun got on for a minute,

Sending you a big hug and thinking of you............ you are a wondeful person and have helped so much...

I am here anytime you wanna talk

xxx

Hi Georgina, we don't know each other but you see I feel we do, I cared for my nan in exactly the same way as you, refusing to let someone else nurse here and the sorrow and pain you feel seeing her fade away now will- in the future turn into immense pride in your mum, in time you will begin to accept the passage of time has given you this wonderful time to express your feelings to her on a daily basis and when the time comes and your mum decides the day, you will be able to look back on the care you have given her without any regrets. I see my sisters who talk about her and how they should maybe of visited more, said things at the time and the go to her grave each month, and I have never been apart from the day we buried her, you see I like you had the time to express myself and my feelings towards her while she was here, the feelings you have now are torn because you don't want her to suffer but believe me seeing you and knowing how much you care for your mum is the best thing you could every do for her and yourself in the long run. Keep strong and be proud your mum has raised an amazing lady who she is so proud of, look into her eyes and you will see what I mean xxxx

Hi Georgina, how are things hun? xx

hi every1 i wont be ere for a few days i have to be with mam as things are going from bad to worse thank you all so much for ur kind words and prayers, take care every1 love georgina xxxxxxxxx

Hi Georgina
Sending you love and hugs xxx

hi every1 i wont be ere for a few days i have to be with mam as things are going from bad to worse thank you all so much for ur kind words and prayers, take care every1 love georgina xxxxxxxxx

Sorry to hear about your Mum - she is lucky to have such a wonderful caring daughter. Sending hugs and wishes to you. Try and stay strong x

Back