• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

IM LOSING MY BEST FRIEND

Just to let you know we are all thinking of you. Please let us know how you are when you are able and feel ready too. God Bless you. Your Mum is very proud of you I am sure. Love to you, your Dad and your family xx

You and your Mum are in my thoughts tonight Georgina,

Lacey..xx :D

still praying (((hugs)))

Hi Georgina

Im so sorry to hear about your mam, you must be so broken. I know you say your not very religious, but God is with you and your mam. If you have sky, could i suggest that you switch on the God channel, as God is using a mighty man called Todd Bently to heal people - healing anything and EVERYTHING! its on chan 760 - 761 or on the internet ..... User account | GOD TV (you'd have to register). Our church also has a house of prayer (24/7) so im going to put in a prayer request for your mam and for healing. xxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm so sorry to hear that Georgina. *hugs*

Dear Georgina

I'm praying for you all - may God give you the strength to get through this and may you feel his comfort when you need it the most.

:cry:hey guys its me georgina, i have enjoyed helping all of you, wether you have had ur ops or not, but underneath im crying inside everyday, im losing the bestest friend ive ever had and thats my mam:cry: she has had illnesses for such a long time now that its only a matter of time for her now, she has chronic emphasema,cellulitis,lymphodema,severe bronchitis,high blood pressure isachaemic heart disease,and c.o.p.d (chronic obstuctive pulmonary disease), and severe elephantitis of the legs, but not once through all of this would you hear her complain of the severe pain or moan, i have never really been a religious person but lately i have prayed and prayed for her, she is also oxygen dependent 24hrs a day, i care for her everyday from showering her to feeding her and i willingly do it because i love her so much, how do you look at someone everyday knowing theres not much time left, when she holds my hand and kisses it to tell me everything will be ok, when i know its not, when she tells me she will always be with me watching over me and she will wait patiently for me, we are inseperable 2 peas in a pod, i have to stay strong for her and dad as hes not in the best of health either, my husband and 4 children have been great in supporting me without them i dont know what i would do, from the knees down mams legs have a diameter of more than 70cms around they are red raw and the district nurses god bless them come in twice a day to dress them, she always has a ready smile, but recently the drs sent her home to enjoy the time she has left so how can she enjoy it when she is housebound, i spend hours each day with her and when im not there we are on the phone but i have been advised to put her into a home but i refused point blank because she has done so much for me throughout my life thats its my turn to give back to her, and im giving her all my love my help and my devotion, she looks into my eyes everyday and i see the pain she is in and theres nothing i can do except give her more morphine to at least try and ease the pain a bit, she loves me to read to her and brush her hair, shes just turned 65 so shes not old and i feel at 40 im too young to lose her, so id like to ask everyone who reads this thread to say a little prayer for my wonderful mam my one true best friend her name is rohna, i would be very grateful if you all would, im glad i found this site as ive made some lovely friends on here and coming here everyday takes my mind off things, well il close now before you all nod off reading this lol, just remember one thing, if you are close to your mother then take care of her because when you are faced with losing her it really hurts and the pain is unbearable :cry: thank you all for reading this i just wanted to write it down to see if it helps me to put it into perspective just a little bit, love georgina xxx take care xxx
hi georgina i lost my mum on the 20th of december to emphasema and other chest problems, she also was dependant on oxygen and thought that if they took it away she could'nt breath ,but i stayed with her to the very end , its the hardest thing in the world to have to do , but in the end she went very peacefully and when you see them suffering like i see my mum, it was so nice for her to say to me just two shots of morphine and i am on my way , she had the morphine and i stayed till she was gone , but she kept waking to make sure i was still there as my mum hated being on her own, so i kept saying to her mum you are leaving this hospital before i do so rest assured i will still be here and she had such a peaceful passing that i only feel that she is now in a better place than we can only wait to find out , my sisters are really upset that they did not listen to me when i said that my mum would not last the night , but i have my last hours with my mum and i am truly grateful ,because i see her at peace and it was so nice to see no more suffering, its better to let them go so the pain stops, i hope this helps you as you have got a lot of grieving to do, but it does get better although i know your thinking that it will never go away and that you will always hurt i thought the same, but if you stay till the end and see she is in no more pain you understand why she had to go, she will always be with you in all your thoughts and in your heart the pain just gets easier to carry my, my prayers will be with you and your mum god bless my sincere regards jackie x

Hi Georgina

Just to let you know I'm thinking of you lots xx

hi to everyone once again thank you all so much for your lovely comments best wishes and prayers for my lovely mam, i have told her all about all of you and how you have all sent messages and prayers, she wanted me to thank you all, at the moment shes in and out of it the doctor says she has more lives than a cat lol, but just wondering how much more she can take, with the doctors permission i have had to up her morphine and her test results have come back and she now has mrsa again, and staphlococus psudemonas in her legs, dont know if i spelt that right lol, her legs are so hugh now and she has the 1st signs of pressure sores on her legs and bottom so i have to wash and clean them twice a day and apply cream for her, she doesnt sleep in a bed shes in her armchair 24hrs a day because if she lies down she will technically drown herself because shes that swollen, when im not with her which is very rare lol i set up a webcam up her house on my laptop and we have a webcam at home so she can see me doing things at home she loves it she thinks shes in big brother lol, many of you have had similar experiences as me and i dont know how you have coped with it, i have 2 brothers and they do nothing for mam at all but i say its their loss not mine, i know i have nothing to reproach myself over, mandy and sara (thailina) text me everyday to see how she is and thanks guys its nice to chat about it, considering they have just had a bypass, i went to church for the 1st time the other day to try and get comfort and it did help a bit but it didnt take the pain away, but i get alot of comfort and joy reading all the wonderful messages you have all sent, so thanks again and il keep you all posted love georgina xxxxxx

well its 1.30am and i cant seem to sleep, thank you helen once again you dont know how much it means to me to know that people care, take care everyone god bless you all xxxxxxxxx

and I'll second that .... xx

hi everyone, just a quick hello to u all and thanx 4 all ur comments and well wishes for my mam, i hope every1 is doing ok, mam is still the same but now she has mrsa again il keep u all posted xxx

Dear Georgina,

you possibly don't know me but I just wanted to send you and your mum a lot of love, strength and luck.

I will be thinking of you both...

xxx

Hi Georgina,
Just to say am thinking and praying for you and your mum.
xx

hi every1 its been a few tough days, mam not well at all still in and out of it but in severe pain the doctor has upped her morphine, but its very hard to watch her like it, shes at home because thats where she wants to be thank you all for your prayers and lovely thoughts, its my wedding anniversary tomorrow ive been married 23 years lol mam always knew it would last as i was only 17 when i got married and we are still so much in love 23 years later hubby has been my rock where mam is concerned so has my 4 kids, take care everyone and thank you once again xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Glad to hear your mam is at home

Hope you enjoy your wedding anniversary tomorrow. Will be thinking of you and your mam

Irene xx

Back