• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Injection!!!

jillyiant

Keep looking at this injection for the night before surgery............:eek::eek: anyone find this difficult. Keep thinking perhaps the other half might get that job.

i didnt have a jab the night before!

They are very fine needles you dont feel it hun!

First one doing them myself will be the worst but then I will get used to them, its just the thought of a real needle and doing it myself. Test my bloods every morning as im diabetic but its a bit different.

u do know that u have to inject urself for 2 weeks after surgery dont u ?

I just had the tablets before and injections after but couldn't bring myself to do it do got someone else to go it!

Ive had to have the injections since Feb 25th until 2 weeks ago when I got discharged from hospital. No matter how many Ive had, still hated the lousy things.. If ound if i put it into the flabbiest part of me i could find, it didnt hurt. In fact I didnt feel it. When I was in the hospital I did them myself and on the one occasion when a nurse did it in my arm for me as I was fighting with feeding pump and giving set at the time it hurt like a bee sting for ages.

Wait till they give you the flattering party dress and sexy stockings for theatre ;)

the stockings are generally whilst your less mobile in hospital and help also reduce the risk of getting blood clots. My team suggested that these are continued to be worn at home whilst also taking the injections.

Yes I was told to wear them at home if not mobile until I'd finished injections at day 10!

I wound up wearing them for 4 months in the hospital. Bonus is they keep your legs nice and warm though :)

Jill, the clexane injections are normal procedure at l and d. All of us had them, the first at 6pm day before the op. Then two weeks after release. My advice - don't let your partner do it! My partner is diabetic so I thought getting him to do it was the best idea he looked so guilty! And so the second time I did it myself - its dead easy and doesn't hurt going in.

Back