• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

It's all getting very real now

I got on the scales yesterday morning and mis-read them :confused: thought I'd put weight on in the last week!!!! Can you believe how totally stupid I am???? Got myself all worked up all day and by teatime was getting quite tearful... Then I realised that although the figure on the 'pounds' side of the scales had gone up, the number on the 'stones' side was actually down so I've actually lost 11 lbs in the week since my surgery :talk017:. Honestly if I had half a brain I'd be dangerous!

That's amazing weight loss Squirl! Must feel absolutely wonderful to be back home as well. Make sure you rest well :)

That's amazing weight loss Squirl! Must feel absolutely wonderful to be back home as well. Make sure you rest well :)

Thank you Sundown, it does feel good being home again :).

Well impressed with your week 1 lsd loss too, soon be your turn now

Thank you Sundown, it does feel good being home again :).

Well impressed with your week 1 lsd loss too, soon be your turn now

Thank god it's not long now - if I ever see a ruddy egg again it'll be too soon. I'm clucking! :D

I got on the scales yesterday morning and mis-read them :confused: thought I'd put weight on in the last week!!!! Can you believe how totally stupid I am???? Got myself all worked up all day and by teatime was getting quite tearful... Then I realised that although the figure on the 'pounds' side of the scales had gone up, the number on the 'stones' side was actually down so I've actually lost 11 lbs in the week since my surgery :talk017:. Honestly if I had half a brain I'd be dangerous!

Well done :happy096: I think I lost 12lbs my first week and kept getting on and off the scales thinking it was wrong :p

Lynn x

Hi squirl how you getting on hun? Xx

Hi Anna, I'm doing fine, how 'bout you? Bit of a wobble yesterday because of my own stupidity but back on track mentally today :D

Hi hun glad your doing ok I think the wobbles are normal, I'm still I'm quite a bit of pain, wind and loo situation is now sorted just think it's general post op pains now but being a bit of a wimp lol,I was meant to be going back to work tomorrow but have been and got a sick note as really don't think I can do it.iv managed a few more calories today but getting sick of the liquids now. How are you getting on with pain and food intake? Xx

Hi hun, pain is ok, mostly wind, although I did sleep on my side last night which has led to me being rather uncomfortable this morning, I did sleep well though haha.

Food wise it's still liquids apart from a couple of Dutch crispbakes, one with sugar free jam and one with light cheese triangle. I don't think I'm getting too many calories in but feeling ok if a little tired....

On the subject of BM I've started taking my metformin again and that has 'got things moving'. When I see the doctor in a week or so I'll have a chat with her about the way forward in that respect as my blood sugar isn't high enough to need the pills really. I am checking it frequently to make sure nothing bad's happening in that respect.

I don't think you're being a bit of a wimp at all, we've both had major surgery and need time to recover. Also our bodies aren't getting much energy in to help that recovery so be kind to yourself, we'll get there! I think it'll help once we're off the liquids and getting a little more nutrition, personally I can't wait to get some fish inside me

Hi squirl I'm so jealous of you eating Dutch crispbreads sound yummy glad your doing ok can't believe we are a week on the other side already xx

Hi squirm
So glad you're home and doing great
Brilliant weight loss
I can't lie on side drain was on yet , it's still a bit tender, but lie on other side ok
Take care x

Hi hun, pain is ok, mostly wind, although I did sleep on my side last night which has led to me being rather uncomfortable this morning, I did sleep well though haha.

Food wise it's still liquids apart from a couple of Dutch crispbakes, one with sugar free jam and one with light cheese triangle. I don't think I'm getting too many calories in but feeling ok if a little tired....

Oo Dutch crispbreads are really yummy - presumably they're ok as they disintegrate when you get them in your gob?

It does sound like you're recovering well though! :)

Back