• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

It's all getting very real now

squirt - that's great news, you only get one mum, I'm sure she'll come round, hope so for you
I've told a few people and had really positive response
My girls are moving back home this week (skint) after a year in fancy apartment in Mcr, with them n husband it's like the weight loss surgery food police have arrived
Good luck with pre op xx

Thanks Wendy, I'll be seeing her on Sunday so we'll have to see what happens......

Must go and have some more milk soon, not had nearly enough so far today but have enjoyed the yoghurts, and remembered the multi vits too so all good. The worst thing today so far has been the smell of hubby's lunch!

Good luck with the food police, I'm sure they'll all be on your side

Well two days down on the pre-op diet and all going well, dead chuffed so far. Not quite managing to have more than 3 yoghurts and a bit down on the milk but not hungry at all and blood sugar is fine

Another 2 days gone and still feeling fine, got a little hungry today for the first time this week but once I'd had my oxo and yoghurt I was feeling pretty full again, only sipping the milk (then dashing to the loo again!)

Reading all the other pre-op diaries where people are struggling with this stage I'm feeling very very lucky that it's all going so well for me so far

Hi squirl glad your doing ok, I'm on day four today but feeling very bloated and a dicky tummy but not that hungry x

Thanks Anna, hope you get over feeling bloated etc soon :)

Another 2 days gone and still feeling fine, got a little hungry today for the first time this week but once I'd had my oxo and yoghurt I was feeling pretty full again, only sipping the milk (then dashing to the loo again!) Reading all the other pre-op diaries where people are struggling with this stage I'm feeling very very lucky that it's all going so well for me so far

Glad to hear it is all going well. Not long now :)

Thanks Chrissy :)

Another 2 days gone and still feeling great :D. Actually got hungry today wandering around town with my mum but soon sorted it out when we got home.

Family dinner tomorrow, there'll be 7 of us (6 eating ;)) so should be a nice day

I've now got quite a lot of little pots of leftover dinners sitting in the freezer so once I get home after the surgery and get onto the puree stage I'll be able to blitz them. I can't wait to eat something savoury, far too much sweet stuff at the moment but not complaining

Well that was a day and a half!

Daughter (married) rang me in floods of tears at about 21:20 last night. She was supposed to be staying the night at a friend's house but asked if she could come to us. Turns out she'd done a pregnancy test last Wednesday which was positive (good news) but had done another yesterday morning which was negative. Took forever to calm her down so very little sleep last night, really didn't know what to say that would help! Anyway, to cut a long story short she's going to see the GP on Tuesday to try and find out what's happening......

Today actually went very well, everyone enjoyed their dinner and daughter held it together superbly, just wish she didn't have a long journey home on her own.

Just about half way through the lsd which doesn't seem quite so important after the last 24 hours. Weightloss seems to have stalled too, I suspect the culprit is a lack of BM over the last 3 days. Will get something from the chemist tomorrow to see if that will help...

Enough ramblings now, still got eyes on the prize but not quite as focused as before

Thanks Anna xx

Oh Squirl, sounds like a really difficult time with your daughter, I hope Tues goes ok for her.
But glad you still managed to enjoy your fam day xx

Thank you Sophina xx

Hi Squirl, you are doing amazing on your pre op :)

Sorry about your daughter, fingers crossed she gets a good result in the end x

Thank you florabell, on both counts...

Getting a little obsessed with the scales atm, was all going fine for the first 4 days but haven't lost anything since :sigh:. I'm sure it will all come together soon but am far too impatient!

More vague ramblings.... sorry!

One week from today, Eurostar willing, hubby and me will be booked into the hotel in Brussels and waiting for Fred or Bart to arrive!!! Hopefully he'll be round nice and early and we can go out for a lovely dinner. It'll seem strange to eat something other than yoghurt haha.....

I'm expecting to get some butterflies soon but nothing yet so all's good so far.

I actually missed food this evening for the first time, the smell of bubble and squeak was almost too much to take but I resisted and now feel a little smug :)

This time next week I'll be banded fingers crossed it's so exciting, how come Brussels your allowed a normal meal the night before op?
I think I'd be to much of a nervous wreck to travel abroad your very brave xx

It is exciting Anna, I still can't quite believe how fast it's approaching.

I've no idea why you can eat a normal meal the night before in Brussels, seems a little strange to me too. Although after a fortnight of milk and yoghurt I'm not sure I'll have enough room in my tummy to eat too much!!

I have an ulterior motive for travelling. I was accepted for nhs surgery but the length of the waiting list meant that the op would be around the time of my eldest son's wedding so my wonderful mum said she'd pay for me to go private and it's half the price in Belgium so I couldn't really justify asking for more money, and I've heard such wonderful reports about the care and surgery in Belgium

Back