• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Its COooooooooooooollllllllllDDDDD!!!

Hello Everyone

On this very cold morning!!

Is it me question mainly to post oppers since losing weight do you feel the cold more.

I could have my heating on full pelt and everyone else around me is sweating as if they are in the tropics and there is little old me wrapped up in a thousand layers still trying to get warm.

Just asking cos I have only noticed it since my op as I never used to feel the cold all that much!:rolleyes:

Not that I am complaining its a small price to pay for surgery xx

Happy losing

Jojo xx:D

Most definetly feel the cold more,I wear several layers of clothing now.
It's probely due to the fact we have less padding?

definitely colder now , my poor hubby comes in to a hot house every night now and i'm still wrapped up like an eskimo :)

Pre op I would still be wearing a t shirt in this weather and not feel the cold hardly at all. In fact I would be the one with sweat pouring and red faced at any exertion at all.

Now I'm sitting with 3 layers, socks, boots and a shawl with the heating up high and still cold. But its such a small price to pay...I can always add another layer:eek: ( At this rate I'll still look fat!!)

I think the lack of a few layers of blubber doesn't help, but apparently its mostly because of the little amount of fuel(food) we're takig on board thats theres none left to keep the body temperature up after feeding it:)

Glad it is not just me no offence!!

mind you im looking forward to the summer and not being so hot!!

Much nicer clothes and cheap haha :D
xx

-5 tomorrow for here god knows what i'll be wearing , or taking my kindle to the airing cupboard and sitting in there :)

I think it is our blubber...really I do. I'm so much colder now than I was pre op. I'm in Israel at the moment; lovely hot country you think; well yea but it has a winter too and the houses aren't insulated the way British houses are, as they're made to keep the heat OUT not in, during the long hot summers; but for now... it's freezing here!

well i think i'd rather be there at the moment than in -5 here as forcast :( have a lovely holiday Ruthie x

Thanks Angie; I think Tel Aviv is warmer (14c) but here in Jerusalem it's about 6.... warmer than minus anything, true, but raining and miserable and windy. However it's due to change tomorrow!

Im so cold and im pre op, its unheard of for me to be cold!! only lost 5 stone so post op im going to join Angie (what we reading lol).

ONLY lost 5 stone??? that is amazing Dawn!

I'm freezing too, especially hands and feet. Wish I had an airing cupboard .... and a kindle!

I'm freezing too! I'm sat in a room with a radiator 10 inches away from me! I have a polo neck and a thick long warm jumper, a pair of socks and fluffy slippers and I am almost comfortable. My daughters boyfriend is complaining that he is melting! I think I may spend all day in bed tomorrow with my leccy blanket on. xx

i have always been one of these people who would get in the car wearing a tshirt in the middle of winter and just turn the heating on.... now... omg... hat, gloves, scarf, thermal socks.... pjamas... i never used to wear them!! im so feeling the cold more lol

YES!!!!!!!!!

Having the woodburner fitted asap !!!

I don't go anywhere without a vest on underneath my jumper!

I'm now thinking of taking tips from the people that climb mount everest. Lots of thin layers with a fleece on top, and maybe one of those snow suits to match!

Julie xx

Back