• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sorry not been around much :-( HELP!!

J-Mo

:wave_cry:

Sorry I've not been around much this week.

I'm really down at the moment. I went back to work Monday & I'm really struggling with food & drink. I constantly feel sick & I'm lost for ideas as to what to take to work for my dinner/snacks. I think the fact I feel so sick is reason I'm stuck for ideas as I just don't fancy anything.

I'm really low & have only lost 3lb over a 2 week period. Although everyone at work says I look well no one can tell I've lost weight :cry:

I know I'm a right miserable c*w!!

I've had my shopping delivered today with loads of hopefully nutritional food to kick start my weight loss.

I'm taking a couple of crispbreads with LF pate. Then in little box I'm taking tuna with tomato's, peppers & a boiled egg with LF mayo!!??

Does that sound okay everyone?

I think I'm definitely going to have to take my happy pills but I'm scared I'll pile on weight again :rolleyes:

Its a fantastic gift I've been given (my bypass) & I just want to do so well. But its hard when I feel so sick all the time.

Hope everyone is well & I've not missed anything in my absence.

Jacci... I have been thinking of you... if I were you I would be talking to your bariatric dietician!

Don't be downhearted it's early days and you had a good start... just keep positive and cheerful Angel...

Always at your side. Love and hugs xxx

Sound like good food ideas xx No wonder you feel sick and down..you are malnourished at the moment and anxious x

If I was you I would have more protein, if you can. Protein helps to satisfy you better.

Some suggestions.

Boiled eggs perhaps mashed with some mayo
Chicken drumsticks or pieces.
Ham
Tuna
Tinned Red Salmon on crispbread
Sardines/Pilchards/mackrel in Tom sauce

Eat your protein first as i am sure that is why I have lost my weight.

Hope you start to feel a bit better hun.

Sound like good food ideas xx No wonder you feel sick and down..you are malnourished at the moment and anxious x

Thanks Neen. I feel worse now than I did straight after my bypass.

Hope you are well Neen.

If I was you I would have more protein, if you can. Protein helps to satisfy you better.

Some suggestions.

Boiled eggs perhaps mashed with some mayo
Chicken drumsticks or pieces.
Ham
Tuna
Tinned Red Salmon on crispbread
Sardines/Pilchards/mackrel in Tom sauce

Eat your protein first as i am sure that is why I have lost my weight.

Hope you start to feel a bit better hun.

Thanks Mary, I have a protein drink for my breakfast which has 28g of protein in. I like to have another one before bed but I've been feeling so ill I've not managed to!!

Enjoy your holiday Mary :D

Hi Jmo we have certainly missed you love.
Sorry you are having problems and not feeling to good at the moment.
Iv not been feeling to good either this week, but hopefully things will soon start to pick up.
Hope you sort your protien intake out and start feeling better soon. Huggs xxxx

Thanks Andrea ;)

I can always guarantee my WLS friends to cheer me up.

Hope you're feeling brighter soon :)

sorry to hear you aren't feeling too good j-mo..... have you tried the john west tuna snack packs for work???? full of omega oils and a protien so speed food xxxxx hope you feel better soon x

I don't think you've missed anything but we've missed you :(

So sorry you're going through ***t at the moment hun. You're right - we do seem to mirror each others moods/highs/lows etc.

The post op transition is really really tough. This is why I feel not enough counselling is given pre-op. They don't stress enough (or at all) the emotional turmoil we will go through.

This sicky feeling and low mood will pass hun. But happy pills wont hurt. I don't think you would pile on the weight again this time because you're a different person now - you can work to counteract the lethargy happy pills can give us.

But whatever you decide we are here for you (((HUGS))).

Jacci... we are always with you, you are ever optimistic and give everyone a lift just by you being here... always such a pleasure to hear from you and take special care... you are precious and it'll all work out... good advice from Mary! xxx

Jacci...if you speak to Maureen she will tell you: it's way too soon to be eating raw veg yet. You may be feeling so sick because you're rushing the food stages pet.
Try mashed tuna with the innards of a jacket spud (I presume you've got a microwave at work?)
low fat cream cheese on crispbreads, cottage cheese, soup! :eek:, a bit of casserole made the night before and warmed through?

more soft foods pet I think.

and I'm still feeling a bit pukey too, but the less I eat, the more pukey I feel.
Also try milky drinks/yoghurt in between....Babybel light cheese to nibble on?

and try some soft fruit too.

You could also ask your GP for some anti-nausea tablets. I'm still taking mine and they DO help.

Huge hugs darling. You know where I am. Love you. xxx

I don't think you've missed anything but we've missed you :(

So sorry you're going through ***t at the moment hun. You're right - we do seem to mirror each others moods/highs/lows etc.

The post op transition is really really tough. This is why I feel not enough counselling is given pre-op. They don't stress enough (or at all) the emotional turmoil we will go through.

This sicky feeling and low mood will pass hun. But happy pills wont hurt. I don't think you would pile on the weight again this time because you're a different person now - you can work to counteract the lethargy happy pills can give us.

But whatever you decide we are here for you (((HUGS))).

Thanks Karen its certainly an emotional roller coaster & you're right that not enough counselling or even advice is given to us.

Even as far as the coil goes. They've asked me several times what contraception I take but never mentioned it can move after weight loss & we could get pregnant!!

I've learnt 100 times more from this forum & my research on the internet than I have from my 'team'.

Having said that I am eternally grateful for my bypass, I just wish I could 'utilise' it better.

Take care

Jacci...if you speak to Maureen she will tell you: it's way too soon to be eating raw veg yet. You may be feeling so sick because you're rushing the food stages pet.
Try mashed tuna with the innards of a jacket spud (I presume you've got a microwave at work?)
low fat cream cheese on crispbreads, cottage cheese, soup! :eek:, a bit of casserole made the night before and warmed through?

more soft foods pet I think.

and I'm still feeling a bit pukey too, but the less I eat, the more pukey I feel.
Also try milky drinks/yoghurt in between....Babybel light cheese to nibble on?

and try some soft fruit too.

You could also ask your GP for some anti-nausea tablets. I'm still taking mine and they DO help.

Huge hugs darling. You know where I am. Love you. xxx

Thanks Charis. I've not actually tried any of the raw veg's yet. My protein drinks, milk, cottage cheese, ryvitas etc. are all making me feel sick.

I get a pain in my chest, feel really hot & sick. I'm chewing slowly & not eating but I feel like I'm back to the start.

We have got a microwave but I'd never use it for fear or getting salmonella!

I've got some brazil nuts & peanuts to take to work too. I've just had a brazil nut & so far have been fine.

My pouch honestly sounds like a werewolf!! :eek:

Steer clear of the raw veg then sweety, its too soon and cripples me.
Also may be too soon for crispbreads, that may be why your pouch is objecting.

Maureen told me 12 weeks at least for crispbreads.
Is your cottage cheese low fat love?

Yes, Charis everything I have is low fat. I'm pleased I checked my Shape mousse before I ate them 'cos they have 15g of sugar in a 110g pot :eek:

I honestly feel I'm going backwards not forwards! Although I know its a big step going back to work then fining I've lost hardly any weight!! Boo hoo :cry:

I just need a slap :rolleyes:

NO slap required but plenty of tlc going out to you.
Why not give Maureen a ring and see if she can suggest anything. xxxx

I think I will, if I can get through to her!!

Thanks everyone for you help & advice ;)

Back