• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

It's really happening!

I never knew I had so much willpower!!! If I'd had this much willpower when it came to every diet I've tried I wouldn't be having surgery!!! But this somehow is different, I'm just super focused on the end goal which is now 6 days away.

It has certainly been very trying this weekend! I have successfully resisted all temptation to have all manner of scrumptious food and stuck to yogurt, jelly and fruit. The milk consumption however is proving to be very tricky!! I keep asking hotel staff for a large glass of semi skimmed milk and they bring me a thimbleful :(

That's really fab to hear suzie! You should be proud if yourself. I've struggled a little today but not done too bad overall.

To be honest I am having a little cheat tonight and borrowing from the alternative diet!

We're having a conference ball with 3 course meal which is torture. While all around me are tucking in to yummy food I'm going to have some plain chicken and vegetables. Feel guilty and not sure I should but I'm sticking to very low calorie, low fat and low sugar and drinking water. I did start my LSD a day early too so really hoping it will be ok.

Never thought I'd consider plain chicken and veg cheating but hey ho!

Hi Su2ie
Your doing really well, and I agree why cart we do this normally. I know what you mean I have just done 5 days in Cornwall and it was hard on the milk diet. 5 days to my op, then yours the next day wooooh.

Enjoy your weekend.

For me I think the difference between this and other diets is an element of choice. On a normal diet if I cheat it doesn't really matter, the only consequence is not losing weight but with this I know I can't have anything else and I have to stick to it because the consequences are so much more significant! Either not getting the surgery, or worse going through the anaesthetic etc and them not being able to complete it or having to convert to open surgery because the liver is in the way. It kind of removes the choice and becomes more of a necessity.

It has been an incredibly difficult day but I have done the best I can.

Good luck with the rest of your pre-op diet, not long now and you'll soon be there :)

Su2ie Happy belated birthday Suzie mine was Friday 24th. Keep going just think yours will soon be over and I will be doing mine for 4 long weeks. I start Thursday. just think you will be nice and slim for your birthday next year .All the best. xx

:553: Happy belated birthday wishes Su2ie and Sharona.

Good luck on your LSD Sharona, soon be on the losers bench. :D

Did you enjoy your weekend Su2ie.

How are you doing? Not long now!! Xx

No not long now, I'm trying not to think about it because I'm getting really nervous!

Now I've got the weekend over with it feels like I'm on the home stretch, managing much better and counting down the days :)

Su2ie Happy belated birthday Suzie mine was Friday 24th. Keep going just think yours will soon be over and I will be doing mine for 4 long weeks. I start Thursday. just think you will be nice and slim for your birthday next year .All the best. xx

What a coincidence - my sister is called Sharon and her birthday was Friday 24th too :)

Hope you had s good day.

Good luck on your diet, I couldn't imagine doing 4 weeks!! I would have to hibernate I think!! But each week brings you one step closer to a slimmer, healthier and happier you x

Well day 9 of LSD almost over and feeling ok with the it now. Feels like I'm on the home stretch at last, only 3 more days to go.

Starting to feel more than a little anxious about surgery.

Got my pre-op assessment tomorrow so will hopefully feel a bit more settled.

Well day 9 of LSD almost over and feeling ok with the it now. Feels like I'm on the home stretch at last, only 3 more days to go. Starting to feel more than a little anxious about surgery. Got my pre-op assessment tomorrow so will hopefully feel a bit more settled.
well done your nearly there keep your nose on the goal x. Ps i had a great birthday thanks wow what a coincidence same birthday similar name . Yes Thursday is nearly hear for the four week LSD!!!! Gulp! X

Last edited:
Had my pre-op assessment today so it's all feeling real now and I'm getting very impatient!

Realised today that the date/time on my letter is actually the admission and the actual surgery is Saturday not Friday :(

Don't suppose it matters as I'm on track and will get there in the end but felt a bit disappointed as I'd geared myself up and been counting the days. Not to mention the fact I've done 2 extra days on this horrid milk diet lol :) oh well, can only be a good thing eh? :)

Not long to go now su2ie. It almost feels like the goalposts have been moved! Keep going though and it will be here sooner than you think. Good luck.

Debbie

Back