• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So…it's really happening!

sally1

Morning everyone. . Glad u are all doing fab .. times is flying by I can't believe I'm nearly 5 weeks post op. I've had a right carry on with tablets I finally got the ones the hospital prescribed yesterday from my docs .. hoping the week without them is ok. The docs messed up with my injection appointment it is now on Monday. Food wise is ok I've dumped twice and I can't figure out off what. Pain after eating isn't too great sometimes and I feel hungry a lot of the time. Got myself stressed and started smoking again I haven't lost any weight since I was last on here which as contributed to the smoking I'm so angry at myself for the bloody fags. I can't wait for my follow up which is 4 March. Xx

How did you manage with the purée stage? I'm starting to hate it!!
I'm pretty sure a lot of it is in my head but really struggling today x

mrspplus3

Not great at all it got to the point of prefer nothing to puree .. spoke to dietician and I started softs at around 2 weeks ... scrambled egg, cottage cheese, chicken breasts where fab lol xx

sally1

I'm the same gagging at the thought of purée so pretty much having soup all the time. Il push on as long as I can then suppose the best thing to do is ring dietitian x

vickip99

I feel like im in same boat girls. I think of another yogurt or mash potato i cud cry. I even blended up some home made curry i made last nite today jist to feel a bit normal lol x

mrspplus3

I think with doing the lsd as well before the op makes it feel like u ain't had proper food for forever.
Beans are great for a change.
I no it isn't exactly puree but I just chewed forever so it was like puree in the end and the actual chewing was amazing after baby food.
X

sally1

I've blended up loads of normal food for the same reason, I know it's not for much longer but I'm honestly struggling with it? I'd kill for a poached egg haha! I think your right the LSD has made it so much longer!

mrspplus3

Eggs where the 1st thing I ate.
Scrabbled eggs and I made a quiche without the crust but I poached egg crippled me ... so much pain and was in bed by 6 pm ... devastated as I love runny eggs xx

sally1

Give it a few weeks and try again, it's a huge learning curve isn't it? I've dumped once and am terrified of doing it again! X

mrspplus3

Dumping is the pits ... I've dumped 3 times and it scares me to eat sum times but like you said trial an error hun xx

Sunshine100

Bella's mum- Thank you for your kind words, it feels quite strange to be dropping sizes so quickly.

Sally1- Thanks Hun :) I know what you mean about the purée stage, two weeks in I swapped from blending up simple foods to blending up things like tins of Irish stew or curry without rice just so that I could have some flavour changes then with one week to go I blended it less so that it still had small lumps which I chewed the heck out of but it felt slightly more normal.

Vickip99- it is good to see that you are doing so well. It must be difficult to manage looking after little ones after surgery. I only have myself and my husband to look after and some days are quite difficult with the tiredness!

Mrspplus3- naughty naughty picking up the fags again.... I was worried about doing that so I invested in an electronic one just in case, so far I have managed to stay away from it though. Are you having pain every time you eat? Have you spoken to the hospital about it? I hope things settle down for you soon x

My diary entry for today...
I think I have experienced dumping for the first time. I have been having a 200ml serving of smoothy every day without an issue but yesterday I swapped from pomegranate to kiwi and apple smoothy and I felt sick and shaky and could not stay awake. I am not 100% sure if it was dumping or if it was diabetes related as it is similar to what used to happen if I consumed to much sugar but iv never felt sick with it before. Whatever it was, it was not nice that's for sure so I have avoided smoothy for today and will be swapping back to my normal flavour tomorrow.
I have spent a good hour or so today searching through the Boots web site trying to pick a new facial moisturiser as since my opp, I have developed really dry skin, my normal moisturiser is just not helping so I needed an alternative....there are sooooooooo many! I also discovered that I needed quite a few new items for my make up bag which has not been updated for a couple of years so I am quite excited to be collecting my order tomorrow. I think a new hair do is on the cards too, time for a change to go with the smaller me I think :)

mrspplus3

Feel so weak and tired .. I have no energy at all .. doctors rang me and changed my appointment for my injection to Friday I'm wondering if that's why I feel so tired?
Does the injection make a difference to anyone?
X

Sunshine100

Feel so weak and tired .. I have no energy at all .. doctors rang me and changed my appointment for my injection to Friday I'm wondering if that's why I feel so tired?
Does the injection make a difference to anyone?
X

Mrspplus3 - I am sorry you are feeling so tired. You asked about the B12 injection... I had mine on Friday and I have not really noticed a difference. I have read hat it makes some people feel much perkier though so I hope this is the case for you. I noticed that you said there had been confusion over one of your medications too. Which med was it? I know the iron supplement helps with tiredness if you are low on iron. Also what is your calorie intake like? If i have a day with a lower calorie intake I am tired the following day so i always try to keep it to a reasonable level. What ever is causing it, I hope you are feeling a bit better soon hun (((hugs)))

Sunshine100

So...I am six weeks post opp! I can hardly believe it:)

I am happy with my weight loss so far and things are going well except I have massive amounts of pain in both of my legs. I am not sure what thats about at all but its flipping painful.

I have started experiencing restriction for the first time in the past few days which is making it difficult to get a good enough amount of liquid in but I must say I feel quite relieved and somewhat encouraged by it as I was starting to think I was destined to never feel "full". It is a nice feeling unless you have just that spoon full to much of course!

I hope everyone is getting on well and that you all had a lovely Valentines Day :p

sally1

So...I am six weeks post opp! I can hardly believe it:) I am happy with my weight loss so far and things are going well except I have massive amounts of pain in both of my legs. I am not sure what thats about at all but its flipping painful. I have started experiencing restriction for the first time in the past few days which is making it difficult to get a good enough amount of liquid in but I must say I feel quite relieved and somewhat encouraged by it as I was starting to think I was destined to never feel "full". It is a nice feeling unless you have just that spoon full to much of course! I hope everyone is getting on well and that you all had a lovely Valentines Day :p

Hope your doing well, pleased you've got done restriction I'm hoping I'll feel the same as although I've never felt hungry post op I've never actually felt full just not overeating for fear of doing damage x

Sunshine100

Hi Sally1, I was exactly the same. I never felt hungry but also never felt full post surgery until about 5.5 weeks post pop. It is only the past few days that I have felt some restriction and a full feeling. I must admit it did worry me a lot but I am feeling a bit more confident about it now. How are you getting on? How many weeks post opp are you now?

sally1

I'm 3 weeks post op tomorrow, it's flying by. I'm doing much better than I thought if I'm honest. And feel much less tired this week which is great x

Sunshine100

Gosh yes time is flying by! I would not worry at all about not feeling full at this point. (I know that's easy for me to say) It will come x

fannie

Hi, I started back in April 2014 to get the gastric sleeve and I finally have a surgery date of Feb 26th.
Now I am freaking out and so scared. Help!!

mrspplus3

Hi ladies so glad everyone is doing well.

6 weeks as flown ova.
I'm doing much better now I do feel hungry but once I've ate something small I'm fine.
I'm used to everything now I have my 3 meals a day and in a routine now.
Weightloss as got better as well. I reached my 3 stone on Monday and am now in a size 16-18.
I feel like the beginning was tiring but things seem to have settled down and im happy.

Hope everyone is well xx

Sunshine100

Hi all, I hope you are all doing well :)

So...seven weeks post bypass for me yesterday. I had my follow up appointment with the team at sunderland today which went rather well. Everyone is happy with my progress and weight loss and I got the go ahead to start with stage three normal food from today! Hurrah!!

It is also weigh day today and I finally made it under 200lb... just by one pound but that makes my total loss 45lb now and only 5lb to go to my next mini target...yay :p