• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2015 Surgeries

Started my pre-op diet today. I'm on the food one so i counted all my cals and it's just shy of 1000cals. The weird thing is that I haven't felt hungry at all! In fact, it's about what I eat normally. Now I'm worried that it won't work! Lol
Hello Nomad, I'm on the same diet as you and I am flipping starving. I have been sticking exactly to the 'suggestions' on the sheet cause I'm scared of getting it wrong. What have you been doing? Obviously it different to me and any advice would help, please?? x

I think I may have spoken too soon! Lying in bed trying to ignore my protesting stomach! Tbh, this is the first time it's been empty since before christmas. I decided to give myself one final blow out so my stomach is now having the shock of its life!
I'm sticking to the suggested things as well. I'm sure we'll both be sick of the sight of weetabix in two weeks' time! Good luck for tomorrow. I'll be eating exactly the same as today! xx

Dammit I thought you knew a secret that was going to make my stomach love you forever haha, the thing is I'm enjoying the food but keeping up with a two year old on 850 calories is murder! I have been having crushed ice with no added sugar lemon squash by the bucket load to try and trick my stomach into feeling full. Good luck with your surgery x

Christinemaire get yourself some peppermint oil it's cheap on Amazon. After surgery ask for some hot water put some in and sip it won't get rid of all the wind but it will help and with any sickness. It's better than tea because you can put in as much or as little as you want. I've had a few operations over the years and this had been the best advice I was ever given.

This may be tmi but my bowels seem to be having more problems with the pre op diet than my stomach! Lol How are yours coping, Christine?

Hi all, just a quick visit for an update. I had my bypass on Sunday just gone. It went well and I came home yesterday.
I hope you are all well x

Congratulations sunshine, fingers crossed I will still have a January op too. I hope it doesn't effect anyone else's operations and they said it was a country wide bed shortage. Have got to say that I am feeling quite unhappy about it but I would never take a bed away from a very sick person so fingers crossed that they all get better soon so that I can have my op.

Hi all,

I hope you are all well.

Sallibeth – Thank you for sharing your story with us. I did read it before I went down for surgery but did not get chance to reply. It is always good to read of others being so successful and you have done great!

nomadB – not long to go now, how are you feeling? I was on the low cal LSD too and it worked perfectly for me so try not to worry.

Abigail – How are you going with your LSD?

Christinemarie – How did your opp go hun? I hope it went ahead as planned!

Xemzax – How are you doing now, are you home?

Donna66 – welcome, it sounds like you are doing great with your LSD!

I am recovering well from my surgery on Sunday. The wind seems to have finally left me thank goodness! That really is the most painful part of the whole thing.
Drinking enough water in is quite difficult but I am trying my hardest to keep up!

Hi sunshine, I'm so pleased that you are doing well. My op has been cancelled due to a bed shortage so I'm currently in limbo which makes dieting especially hard but I'm trying to stay on the wagon x

Awww Christinemarie thats so horrible for you. Try your hardest to stay strapped to that waggon so that you are ready when they call for you. Easy to say I know x

Awwww, no! Christine, that's so disappointing for you! Hope you get a date soon and aren't in limbo for too long. Surely they can't leave you hanging on your pre-op diet for too long?

Sunshine, glad you're feeling better, hun. I've just realised that this time next week I'll have had the op! Eeeek! Been sticking to the diet well but I've been stupidly busy with uni essays so haven't really had time to think about it. My deadline is monday though so the real test will come after.

I'm losing about half a pound a day, which is fine, should see me at my goal for the op. There's a tiny part of my brain that thinks 'if you can stick to this, why not just give this diet a go instead of the op'. But I know that if it wasn't for the op I would have caved by now because of stress. And would defo going out to get bladdered on monday night!!!!

Are you managing to eat stuff now or is it uncomfortable? xx

Hi Sunshine, yea not doing to bad! I bought a nutribullet which has helped me greatly so far. I have a shake in the morning/lunch and then a big bowl of salad to fill me up and a slimfast shake from time to time. Lost 8lbs so far and counting. I am really looking forward to my surgery, only 3 days now...whoooo hoooo soon to be on the sleevers bench.

Really feeling for a those who have had their surgery cancelled due to the bed crisis and a and e crisis. Hope you get dates soon.

When I was called they told me to stop my diet. I even called my surgeons secretary back after I had been given the news and told her I was happy to stay on it just in case a last minute slot opens but she said that I will get at least a weeks notice and that is sufficient time for the diet!! but I'm not taking any chances so im still taking the milk thistle tablets and sticking to the diet. I would rather not take the risk of only doing it with one week notice. It hits you at the week mark I think Nomad! It's kind of a state of shock, you start thinking do I really need this? (Even tho you know you do) and I don't even know what I am doing! Hahahaaaa but it will be fine I'm sure x

Sorry to here your news but I think your right keep at the diet it won't do you any harm. :)

Hi I'm booked for surgery 28th, fingers crossed it's not cancelled! Not had any word about pre op diet so will ring Monday to ask about it.

Back