• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2017 Surgeries

My mom is the best ever she kept saying your going to be fine then had a melt down and started crying and I was like oh mom don't cry but we lost my dad to cancer 3 years ago and he had to have a 12 hour op so she is very over protective... ya had to give myself a clexane a day before surgery well that's what the anaesthetist gave me to administer myself.. not long for yours now hunny xx
That's so good you have each other xxxx Your dad will be with you too xxx Its quite emotional being the person watching us go through this journey as its another case of feeling helpless xxx Your gonna be ok xxxx
I didnt get anything so I think mine is different here in Bristol. I haven't heard from anyone since before Christmas.....eeeekkkk!!!!! Im not looking forward to the injections ive got to say :-(

@Angeline I know I said I do feel sorry for my mum and hubby as they are going to be seeing me after a op and I'm excited for it because it's the start of the rest of my healthy life but I suppose they will see that after the op.. but I'm getting so nervous now going bed at 8 as got to be up at 5 xx

@Angeline I know I said I do feel sorry for my mum and hubby as they are going to be seeing me after a op and I'm excited for it because it's the start of the rest of my healthy life but I suppose they will see that after the op.. but I'm getting so nervous now going bed at 8 as got to be up at 5 xx
Wishing you luck for tomorrow :) x

Na nite lovely xxxxxx sending lots of hugs xxx

How are you doing my lovely? How is recovery going? I was thinking of you and been popping on to see if you had posted anything xxxxx
Thank you.... really struggling with constipation !! Sorry probably tmi but omg so uncomfortable im struggling to even drink enough... :( is this common.. was thinking of speaking to the nurse tomorrow ?

Thank you.... really struggling with constipation !! Sorry probably tmi but omg so uncomfortable im struggling to even drink enough... :( is this common.. was thinking of speaking to the nurse tomorrow ?
Don't forget you have had major surgery and the body is healing and up wall xxxx Be good to speak to your nurse anyway just incase as dont want you to be poorly. They might say take some medicine to help (in liquid form/chewable) etc. Im so glad your doing ok as you were on my mind xxxx It good to share by the way lol xxx never too much info !!! lol xxx

Don't forget you have had major surgery and the body is healing and up wall xxxx Be good to speak to your nurse anyway just incase as dont want you to be poorly. They might say take some medicine to help (in liquid form/chewable) etc. Im so glad your doing ok as you were on my mind xxxx It good to share by the way lol xxx never too much info !!! lol xxx
Relief lolol... feeling so much better today :) had lots to drink since 6am this morning and finally feeling human again... yeah on my way now, looking forward :)

My mom is the best ever she kept saying your going to be fine then had a melt down and started crying and I was like oh mom don't cry but we lost my dad to cancer 3 years ago and he had to have a 12 hour op so she is very over protective... ya had to give myself a clexane a day before surgery well that's what the anaesthetist gave me to administer myself.. not long for yours now hunny xx
Bless your poor mum sorry to read about your dad I lost mine too, I have to have clexane when I'm in hospital or if I'm not mobile after a visit to hospital due to my condition the sting but my advice is do not rub it as you will bruse soooo bad I looked like my stomach had a fight as I kept rubbing it coz it was sore after. They are to prevent blood clots
Thinking of you today hun keep pushing that pain pump, hope your not in much pain xxx

Relief lolol... feeling so much better today :) had lots to drink since 6am this morning and finally feeling human again... yeah on my way now, looking forward :)
I like ......fab PMA!!!!!!!!!! How is the eating going on the watery food or are you sticking to shakes/meal replacements?

I am in so much pain.. operation took 2 hours and I was in recovery for 4 hours and unconscious. The wind pain is unbelievably painful do not be fooled by it haha xxx

Yes, very common. :( Mine lasted for weeks due to lack of fluids and fibre - it was my worst side affect, and was only finally resolved when I saw dietitian 9 weeks after op, and was told to eat more carbs to get some roughage. I had been concentrating on the protein. Ask for a suitable laxative that doesn't swell, such as Movicol or Lactulose. Others have found senna liquid helpful and i also tried Milk of Magnesia. Getting the clear fluids in as much as is comfortable (and probably won't be as much as the recommended amount) is key so it doesn't get too out of hand!

One thing I found helped was putting a warm wheat bag on my stomach when I was laying down in bed, and this eased the discomfort a bit.

I am in so much pain.. operation took 2 hours and I was in recovery for 4 hours and unconscious. The wind pain is unbelievably painful do not be fooled by it haha xxx
Sorry you are in so much pain. :( Are you on a morphine pump? Keep pressing it as soon as it allows you to so you don't have big gaps, and particularly do it before you attempt to make any movement such as turning over or getting on or off a bedpan. Make sure you tell nurses you are in that much pain because you shouldn't be, and they can do something about it. As well as morphine pump I also had paracetamol. Was off morphine in less than 48 hours and just had discomfort so hopefully you will see some light at the end of the tunnel soon.

Yes, the wind pain has been very bad for some people. Should start to ease a bit once you start moving around and the gas used to inflate the stomach for the op starts to move.

Oh hunny Im so sorry your in pain lovely xxx Im glad you are ok and keep up pain killers xxx Good advice from @SAM55 hunny as she has been where you are now xxxx
Listen to your body darling xxxxx Your not painting a good picture of this op thing pmsl lol!!!!!!!! huuuuuuummmmm cant wait for mine on thursday lol xxxx joking xxx everyone is differnt and by then you will fab xxxxx

Well I ended up on ICU with a Kwakiutl they found after three upd, I wouldn't choose to do it again,
OMG Julia !!!!! Sounds awful experience for you being in ITU...bless you xxx
What does Kwakiutl mean by the way....I havent heard of that before xxx Sorry to be a pain but what does UPD stand for ? xxx

Well I must admit pepper mint tea has been my saviour. I've been poorly with it and not drinking so caused dehydration so been on drips up until an hour ago.. wind has been unbearable but the light at the end of the tunnel is coming as taking the peppermint tea and has really relieved it .. @Angeline hope all goes well tomorrow sending hugs your way xx

Back