• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2017 Surgeries

Sweetcheeks whatever you do......DO NOT GIVE UP, it may not be cancelled so you don't want to stop the milk otherwise you risk them not being able to do the operation due to the size of your liver, remain positive and maybe tomorrow ask you GP if he will do a 24 hour "tape" so you can take the results with you or ask him to send results to L and D but try not to become too stressed by this otherwise your BP simply will not reduce Xx
Thank you they have doubles my current medication for my BP so I called them hospital and asked to speak to the woman that done my BP and assessment and also wanted to know if your actually allowed slim fast as when in the group meeting yesterday the nurse said you can on the milk diet but I thought you can after surgery but not on the milk diet I wanted to double check. Anyways they didn't call back they never do!! So I'm still stuck wondering what's going on :'-(
I have continued to have milk and stick to it but I am so worried I'm trying not to think about it but I really think its wrong to leave someone in limbo.
I have another appointment with the nurse next week so they will do my BP and fingers crossed all will be well.thank you so much for your support xx

Hey guys can we have slimfast on the milk diet? I'm at L&D so don't know if I can or not. When I went to the pre op assessment we had a group meeting and the woman said you can have slimfast but now I'm doubting myself maybe she meant after surgery.I called them yesterday and asked and no one got back to me (as always) I keep asking pplbut I'm getng nowhere. Plus did it give you a bit of an upset stomach? I'm on day 5 now and not been really poorly on it but just a bit loose. Sorry if tmi. Any advice would be gratefully received xx

Thank you they have doubles my current medication for my BP so I called them hospital and asked to speak to the woman that done my BP and assessment and also wanted to know if your actually allowed slim fast as when in the group meeting yesterday the nurse said you can on the milk diet but I thought you can after surgery but not on the milk diet I wanted to double check. Anyways they didn't call back they never do!! So I'm still stuck wondering what's going on :'-(

Oh Sweetcheeks!
No smooth run in for you then. Did you ask about the 24 hr BP monitor? Keep on calling to speak to someone. Tell them about increase in tablets. Did your GP repeat a BP? If the reading was better also tell them that at hospital and also ask if you do a 24 hr monitor would that assist you if the readings were sent to them by GP? Keep on calling this pm so you at least have a plan for next week. Keep going on the milk diet as after all, you would be devastated to be cancelled once you are under anaesthetic because your liver is large. Be a pain to everyone to push as much as you can to prove you are well enough. You know the phrase ' Those who shout loudest get the most". Just keep going PLEASE DO NOT GIVE UP. It took me 30 months to go from urgent patient presenting at Addenbrookes with inability to swallow water until I was operated on at L&D. Many tears of frustration, pain, fear and depression. Lots of ups and downs. I was told op would be in Dec and then no appt till Jan and no op till April. But you are in the system, it will happen. Lean on us as we are all there for you.
SJ xx

Oh Sweetcheeks!
No smooth run in for you then. Did you ask about the 24 hr BP monitor? Keep on calling to speak to someone. Tell them about increase in tablets. Did your GP repeat a BP? If the reading was better also tell them that at hospital and also ask if you do a 24 hr monitor would that assist you if the readings were sent to them by GP? Keep on calling this pm so you at least have a plan for next week. Keep going on the milk diet as after all, you would be devastated to be cancelled once you are under anaesthetic because your liver is large. Be a pain to everyone to push as much as you can to prove you are well enough. You know the phrase ' Those who shout loudest get the most". Just keep going PLEASE DO NOT GIVE UP. It took me 30 months to go from urgent patient presenting at Addenbrookes with inability to swallow water until I was operated on at L&D. Many tears of frustration, pain, fear and depression. Lots of ups and downs. I was told op would be in Dec and then no appt till Jan and no op till April. But you are in the system, it will happen. Lean on us as we are all there for you.
SJ xx
I have been going out my mind I didn't know what to do.
But I went to me drs and they have doubled up my BP meds. I got a call today and the woman that told me I prob can't have the op said she spoke to the anesthetist and I can have the op!! YAY!!!
I just have to try and relax before the op so its not sky high.
I have the drs on the 10th to check my BP so fingers crossed all will be OK.
I have now been on the milk diet 5 days all going well I love the chicken Bovril in hot milk its like soup I look forward to it every day. I have been 100% on it and even when they told me maybe not I said to keep at it coz its not worth the risk.
Wow 30 MONTHS!!! I can't believe it I thought I had waited such a long time! Its such an emotional rollercoaster I just hope I will be okay on the day.
Thank you for being so kind I have looked everyday to see if I hear from you and some of the ppl on here. I just didn't know what to do with myself.
How are you? Are you healing well xx

I have been going out my mind I didn't know what to do.
But I went to me drs and they have doubled up my BP meds. I got a call today and the woman that told me I prob can't have the op said she spoke to the anesthetist and I can have the op!! YAY!!!
I just have to try and relax before the op so its not sky high.
I have the drs on the 10th to check my BP so fingers crossed all will be OK.
I have now been on the milk diet 5 days all going well I love the chicken Bovril in hot milk its like soup I look forward to it every day. I have been 100% on it and even when they told me maybe not I said to keep at it coz its not worth the risk.
Wow 30 MONTHS!!! I can't believe it I thought I had waited such a long time! Its such an emotional rollercoaster I just hope I will be okay on the day.
Thank you for being so kind I have looked everyday to see if I hear from you and some of the ppl on here. I just didn't know what to do with myself.
How are you? Are you healing well xx

Go Sweetcheeks go!!!
Well done on sticking with it all and soon you will be on the other side. And brilliant that you know before the weekend so you can relax and lower that BP!!
I am doing well. So scars are doing well. Drain site closed and dry as are all others. 3 of the five are quite smooth now, the one doing mid-tum is still slightly raised and the big one on the left less puckered as is the tissue underneath. I am really pleased with how it's going. Walking going okay as well so I am walking down the other end of the village for coffee tomorrow.
Mostly I am chuffed for you that its all systems go!!
SJ xx

Go Sweetcheeks go!!!
Well done on sticking with it all and soon you will be on the other side. And brilliant that you know before the weekend so you can relax and lower that BP!!
I am doing well. So scars are doing well. Drain site closed and dry as are all others. 3 of the five are quite smooth now, the one doing mid-tum is still slightly raised and the big one on the left less puckered as is the tissue underneath. I am really pleased with how it's going. Walking going okay as well so I am walking down the other end of the village for coffee tomorrow.
Mostly I am chuffed for you that its all systems go!!
SJ xx
I'm so happy they called me today or I would have had a rubbish sleep over the weekend if any.
Wow sounds great! So happy for you keep going you will be running miles soon :)
Enjoy your coffee tomorrow I'm off to have my last glass of milk for today. Xxx

Hi hunny xxx Im doing ok and still loosing which is good as slowed/stalled up to a couple of days ago. Im in a 14-16 now (so a 15 lol!!!!) . Southmead has got a post op 6 mth course which Ive started and thats good...allows you to get to meet peeps that have undergone all types of bariatric surgery and support each other. Next one is mid April so Im actually looking forward to it :) xxx How you?

Hi Angeline
How are you? haven't seen a recent post so I hope all is okay. I am now 12 days post op. it has gone well and I am progressing onto the pureed diet and coping well. I managed to put weight on from surgery to day 7 - I could imagine me being the only one in the world to have a bypass to put on 3 lb a week but i think it may be a different story this coming Monday. Well I damn well hope so!!
When you can let me know you are going on.

SJ x

Hi there x I'm 3.5 weeks after the op now in total I lost 3.8 stone so really pleased. Eating is ok I can eat most of the things now x how r u ?

Hi Anna
How are you going? You haven't posted for a while so I hope you are okay and continuing to lose? I am now 12 days post op, healed well and tolerating the diet okay. I am hoping to see some weight loss when i get on the scales on Monday.

SJ x

Day 7 of milk diet.... Feeling tired today and went to a family buffet yesterday as we have family over from Italy I sat up the table with all the food and drank hot milk with chicken Bovril in it. Lol it was fine o didn't feel anything but when I got home I saw some food my gf made she had lasagne and salad (my favorite meal ever) and I nearly cried which if the first time I felt upset or bothered at all about anything and my gf is eating everything in front of me even chocolate. As I said to her I need to get used to it.
Anyways today was another tuff day went to a farm with the family they all had meals from the restaurant and I had a cup of tea :-(
But day 7 and I haven't cheated once. Only 7 more to go!!!
I just miss chewing something savory and as silky as it sounds but salad is my favorite and that's so hard to watch ppl eating it.
But hey ho I'm on the rite track bring on the healthy me.
How are you all doing? Xx

Day 7 of milk diet.... Feeling tired today and went to a family buffet yesterday as we have family over from Italy I sat up the table with all the food and drank hot milk with chicken Bovril in it. Lol it was fine o didn't feel anything but when I got home I saw some food my gf made she had lasagne and salad (my favorite meal ever) and I nearly cried which if the first time I felt upset or bothered at all about anything and my gf is eating everything in front of me even chocolate. As I said to her I need to get used to it.
Anyways today was another tuff day went to a farm with the family they all had meals from the restaurant and I had a cup of tea :-(
But day 7 and I haven't cheated once. Only 7 more to go!!!
I just miss chewing something savory and as silky as it sounds but salad is my favorite and that's so hard to watch ppl eating it.
But hey ho I'm on the rite track bring on the healthy me.
How are you all doing? Xx

Hi Sweetcheeks
Well done for keeping on the straight and narrow. It is difficult especially when you stay strong for an "outside event" only to come home to face yet more tempting food. I found particular foods difficult - fried onions, coleslaw, roast potatoes and ribs. It made me grumpy and bitchy because they were eating and I wasn't. Then I would apologise and have a glass of milk! I won't say it will get easier but it will end. I cooked homemade burgers with fried onions and potato wedges and fresh coleslaw for the boy's dinner. Didn't bother me one bit. In fact no hunger pangs at all.
Remember you are halfway towards op-day. Only 7 sleeps to go!

SJ xx

Hi Sweetcheeks
Well done for keeping on the straight and narrow. It is difficult especially when you stay strong for an "outside event" only to come home to face yet more tempting food. I found particular foods difficult - fried onions, coleslaw, roast potatoes and ribs. It made me grumpy and bitchy because they were eating and I wasn't. Then I would apologise and have a glass of milk! I won't say it will get easier but it will end. I cooked homemade burgers with fried onions and potato wedges and fresh coleslaw for the boy's dinner. Didn't bother me one bit. In fact no hunger pangs at all.
Remember you are halfway towards op-day. Only 7 sleeps to go!

SJ xx
Omg that sounds so goooooood!!!I have been fine mood wise and not hungry but I have found at points I'm feeling my temper rising and just want to shout but I calm the storm and I'm fine again. Yesterday I was shattered for the first time I could hardly move from being so sleepy but had been out all day.
I'm having my hot milk with my gf and add chicken Bovril into Iran it's like soup it's yummy. I get happy knowing its meal time with hot soup (milk and Bovril)
I have jus had that iv only had one pint today but been drinking lots of sf juice.
I brought a BP monitor and it's saying my BP is normal I keep doing it throughout the day and still its good.I doubled my BP pills from the Dr, seems th must be working or iv got a naff BP monitor lol.
I weighed myself at home today if its correct iv lost 8lbs this week!!!
Howard you feeling? When did they say you can have puréed food?xx

Omg that sounds so goooooood!!!I have been fine mood wise and not hungry but I have found at points I'm feeling my temper rising and just want to shout but I calm the storm and I'm fine again. Yesterday I was shattered for the first time I could hardly move from being so sleepy but had been out all day.
I'm having my hot milk with my gf and add chicken Bovril into Iran it's like soup it's yummy. I get happy knowing its meal time with hot soup (milk and Bovril)
I have jus had that iv only had one pint today but been drinking lots of sf juice.
I brought a BP monitor and it's saying my BP is normal I keep doing it throughout the day and still its good.I doubled my BP pills from the Dr, seems th must be working or iv got a naff BP monitor lol.

Hi
I never had milk and Oxo together. I kept to the clear soup method. I am on pureed food now. So far I have managed (not all at the same time) a Weetabix; mashed potato and baked salmon (35 g each); scrambled egg and it has gone okay. I am not feeling hungry which is good. I lost 5.5 lbs this week so the downwards trend is underway.
SJ x

7 more sleeps.......yay great weight lose Sweetcheecks but I do think you should be drinking more than 1 pint, that really isn't enough hun x

Hi
I never had milk and Oxo together. I kept to the clear soup method. I am on pureed food now. So far I have managed (not all at the same time) a Weetabix; mashed potato and baked salmon (35 g each); scrambled egg and it has gone okay. I am not feeling hungry which is good. I lost 5.5 lbs this week so the downwards trend is underway.
SJ x
That's Fab so happy for you your heading in the rite direction.
I have chicken Bovril and hot milk its yummy.
Don't like the oxo cubes way too thin.
Iv done my BP 6 times today and all have been fine maybe even on the low side at times I don't know how accurate it is I just hope it will be OK on the day.
Xxx

7 more sleeps.......yay great weight lose Sweetcheecks but I do think you should be drinking more than 1 pint, that really isn't enough hun x
Yes can't wait!!! Getting nervous now. I have had all of my milk now I just can't take a lot at once or it will come back my pancreas don't like a lot of liquid at once.
Iv been having two lots of chicken Bovril in hot milk, and two pints with sf crusha or on its own. I do get my milk in it jus takes time I'm not hungry which is a bonus.
How are you? Xx

Yet another family meal tonight to say good buy to my sister in-law and nephew going back to Italy tomorrow. They had roast beef and all the trimmings and pudding and Yorkshire's and parsnips and gravy mmmmmmm wile I sat up the table drinking my hot milk and chicken Bovril. I was drooling over the parsnips and Yorkshire's and gravy yum. But still I continue to be good. My BP seems to be so much better it was so high at my pre op they were going to dance but I'm so lucky they didn't.
Its been down since thanks to double pills, I have the nurse tomorrow afternoon to see how it is and I'm going to ask her to weigh me!!
Fingers crossed for me please guys will keep you posted loads of love and healing to you all xx

I'm sure you'll be very pleasantly surprised tomorrow and so glad BP much better, you are doing so very well, I took half a pint every 2 hours on my milk diet and I love my "chicken soup" I'm good thank you x

I'm sure you'll be very pleasantly surprised tomorrow and so glad BP much better, you are doing so very well, I took half a pint every 2 hours on my milk diet and I love my "chicken soup" I'm good thank you x
I hope so got to be there for 2pm. I have a pint at a time but takes me ages to drink it I still have the one I made at 9.45 lol
Lovely to read for doing well I'll msg after iv been to my drs xx

[that you are still on the straight and narrow with the milk. ="Sweetcheeks84, post: 2913249, member: 38767"]Yet another family meal tonight to say good buy to my sister in-law and nephew going back to Italy tomorrow. They had roast beef and all the trimmings and pudding and Yorkshire's and parsnips and gravy mmmmmmm wile I sat up the table drinking my hot milk and chicken Bovril. I was drooling over the parsnips and Yorkshire's and gravy yum. But still I continue to be good. My BP seems to be so much better it was so high at my pre op they were going to dance but I'm so lucky they didn't.
Its been down since thanks to double pills, I have the nurse tomorrow afternoon to see how it is and I'm going to ask her to weigh me!!
Fingers crossed for me please guys will keep you posted loads of love and healing to you all xx[/QUOTE]

Hi Sweetcheeks
You sound so bubbly and in control. Very positive that the BP is behaving itself and you are still focused on the milk diet. Only a few days to go so it all seems to go quickly from now on. Just think, when you next see the Italian family there will be less of you!!
I am feeling good today. Popped on the scales and it is definitely moving in the right direction. Had my last injection yesterday so I have sealed the tub up and I can stop causing self induced bruising! I am getting into the disciplined mode of 3 small meals a day and two snacks which seem mainly to be a small glass of cold milk. After all that milk I have downed I still love it!!
Let us know how it went at the appointment today.

SJ xx

Well my BP was 140\96 still high although my drs don't have a huge cuff for my massive arms so took ages to get a reading. I really am keeping my fingers and toes crossed. Also I asked to be weighed and there scales said iv only lost 6lbs after 10days on milk diet. Feeling so deflated rite now I just hope all will be OK on the day.

Back