• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2017 Surgeries

It's great to hear you've gone past the worst now, you've really been through the mill, love the sound of Thomas And hubby sounds lovely, we can be completely irrational with our thoughts at times can't we, The only way is up now, apart from the scales which will be going down xx
Our minds are such a powerful thing !!!! It was extra funny when I realised I had got myself all upset about the scars but hadn't even blinked a eye at the fact Ive got stretch marks from having my gorg children !!!! Its funny that in time we accept ourselves but cause there is another couple of marks I got all upset....Ive never had a beach body anyway so its not like Im gonna be on show for the world to judge lol xxx I will look back and it will be my battle scars where I won the fight with my weight and new start :)

Your truly inspirational you really are!
So so happy your healing well and now can focus on life and what the future will bring. Thomas sounds like a great name for your scar when you skin has completely healed try bio oil to reduce redness it really works and feels lovely.
Now its time to get out and enjoy the sunshine and keep smiling.
Iv lost more weight as been on a strict diet all week in prep for seeing my surgeon Thursday so nervous but iv done all the have asked. I'm not sure how I will react if I don't get a date I'm at the end of the road with being home alone all the time.
But we will see fingers crossed x
Thank you hunny xxxxx
Thats amazing that you have lost some more weight ...Im proud of you !!!!!! Its hard isnt it but look what you ave done :) Hopefully the surgeon will say the same and give you a date lovely .....keep going !!!!!!!!!
PS your not quite alone you have all of us on here right behind you xxxxxxx

@Anna@88 hope it goes well for you tomorrow, good luck!

@Angeline so glad to hear that you are finally healing and able to start your journey proper! You husband sounds lovely Pleased that you are able to reduce your meds too.
Thanks hunny and hubby is lovely and so supportive ...plus Ive scared him half to death lol xxxxx Hows you?

Thanks my lovely ladies x I'm home now in recovery mood all went well I'm in loads of pain but im glad it's all over now x

Hope your pain eases soon, have you come home with painkillers?

Thanks hunny and hubby is lovely and so supportive ...plus Ive scared him half to death lol xxxxx Hows you?

Oh bless him! I am ok thank you, weight not shifting much but shape changing still! Our bodies like to stall a bit and frustrate us!

Ladies who had surgery at luton and dunstable hospital how long u were told to ware stockings for? As I was told 6 weeks and it seems to be too long for my liking lol

Wow that sounds a long time! I was 2 weeks I think, but I am not with same team/hospital!

Oh no I hope your feeling better hun. Its so much pressure to make you follow it for so long and want so much from you.
Take each day as it comes try not to focus on everything that's going on just focus on yourself and each day. I understand the anxiety im not sleeping as I'm so worried how Mr jain will be with me. I really want a date and to move forward this has been going on so long.
Can i did you lose the 5% they ask you for?you did don't you? Sorry I have a memory like a fish lol
I have only lost the 5% I struggle to lose and it goes straight back on. So iv been eating salad with lemon juice boiled eggs grapefruit meat n salad I have literally been so good yet its not coming off much. Plus I'm due on Tuesday and usually gain 3-5lbs when due on so I'm totally freaking out about Thursday. But what will be will be.
Yes its Thursday this Thursday 16th at 10.30am I will keep you posted I just hope I get a date. Xx

Hi Sweetcheeks
Good to hear form you. Just completed day 3 of milk diet and totally embarrassed at the very loud noises erupting form my very empty tummy. Its so loud it has worried the dogs!
They put me on the 4 week milk diet and yes I did lose the 5% required but it was just on the nose. No more no less. I was very unsure whether I would manage it as it seemed an awful lot of weight and surprisingly , none of us find that easy - hence our membership of this select group. I am now having to lose a further 8 kg before surgery. I dread not achieving it and surgery being cancelled. I got another appt to see Bariatric Nurse 1 week before op and I assume she will check out my weight loss effort. I got my letter today confirming the date and time of arrival on surgery day to arrive - 7 am so we will be up at 4.30 am to get there on time. Shame I am not an early bird but I hope to catch up on the sleep later that day.
Good luck on Thursday - oops! tomorrow - let us know what happens.
SJ x

Thank you hunny xxxxx
Thats amazing that you have lost some more weight ...Im proud of you !!!!!! Its hard isnt it but look what you ave done :) Hopefully the surgeon will say the same and give you a date lovely .....keep going !!!!!!!!!
Thank you so much I got weighed at fat club (slimming world) iv lost 9lbs this week wahooooooooo!! 3lbs under what I was when I went last time to my appointment at least its a loss and iv got of off in time.
I have gone blank I'm so worried about tomorrow I don't know what questions I wanted to ask or what I should be asking aaahhhh help!!!!xx

Hi Sweetcheeks
Good to hear form you. Just completed day 3 of milk diet and totally embarrassed at the very loud noises erupting form my very empty tummy. Its so loud it has worried the dogs!
They put me on the 4 week milk diet and yes I did lose the 5% required but it was just on the nose. No more no less. I was very unsure whether I would manage it as it seemed an awful lot of weight and surprisingly , none of us find that easy - hence our membership of this select group. I am now having to lose a further 8 kg before surgery. I dread not achieving it and surgery being cancelled. I got another appt to see Bariatric Nurse 1 week before op and I assume she will check out my weight loss effort. I got my letter today confirming the date and time of arrival on surgery day to arrive - 7 am so we will be up at 4.30 am to get there on time. Shame I am not an early bird but I hope to catch up on the sleep later that day.
SJ x
Oh your poor tummy I had to say I did have a little giggle at the comment about it making the dogs worried.
I didn't do the milk diet but I have done many years ago before I got unwell and it wasn't pleasant at all so I can sympathise with you.
I lost 12.5lbs rather than the stone they wanted but I only had 3 weeks to do it without the milk diet so they were okay but iv lost some more since then but not sure how much more as I gained and lost and gained and lost. I went to fat club tonight iv lost 9lbs this week alone!! I was so pleased but I know it only takes me 2-3lbs less than what I was when I went 6weeks ago I just hope he will be happy with that as iv not gained. Fingers crossed,
You must be so worried I would be too but follow the plan and all will be fine I'm sure that diet there is no way you can't lose that amount of weight doing it for that long so don't stress your doing all that's asked of you that's all you can do just drink plenty of water.
Wow the conformation letter I'd frame it hehe. I'm sure th wouldn't cancel it as it coat them a lot to arrange it all if they did it would be a cop out on there part.
Its all so exciting I know it sounds crazy but I literally can not wait to have my op forget the pain part I ju want to be healthy again. I went to the opticians yesterday and they sent me to the Dr to check for diabetes straight from the test. Worried me a little as my mumhas type 2 and nan type 1, my mum is so slim my nan is big like me although lost a lot since being in a home.
Th are worried because my eye site has got so much worse over the past 8months I new it had hence why I booked the appointment rather than wait for the routine checks. So I have a lot riding on my op as been out of work for just over a year and its driving me mad iv always worked but been to I'll to just want a life back as I'm sure we all do.

Haha I'm not an early bird either but after one coffee I'm fine. Do you live near Luton? Will it take long to get there? I live in st Albans so not to far from there. Will keep you posted tomorrow night xxx

@Sweetcheeks84 hope it goes ok today. Well done on losing 9lb in a week! If only wvery week was like that hey!?!

Questions - depends on how you feel about the op - has it been decided which u r having? If not then questions about that, what the process is after the op re. Hdu etc, what tests will be done e.g. Swallow test, will you have a drain, how long will you normally be in hospital,do u need to inject after the op? Follow up appointments, dietician contact, preop apt info, how long to be able drive, what the diet after the op is?

Any of that any help?

@Sweetcheeks84 hope it goes ok today. Well done on losing 9lb in a week! If only wvery week was like that hey!?!

Questions - depends on how you feel about the op - has it been decided which u r having? If not then questions about that, what the process is after the op re. Hdu etc, what tests will be done e.g. Swallow test, will you have a drain, how long will you normally be in hospital,do u need to inject after the op? Follow up appointments, dietician contact, preop apt info, how long to be able drive, what the diet after the op is?

Any of that any help?
Thank you so much, I asked most of that apart from the drain part. He said I won't have the swallow test unless they think there is an issue. All went well I am having my surgery May 15th. I'm having the sleeve . finally feel like all this stress and upset has paid off fingers crossed it doesn't get canceled. I really appreciate the help thank you so much x

Thank you hunny xxxxx
So I FINALLY got my date!!!!!! MAY 15th Wahooooo! I am so happy I haven't had time to think today as didn't feel well at all today think because I didn't sleep at all last night and was so stressed I was sick so much this morning, I also have a swollen watery eye which is so painful feels like iv got glass in my eye so felt rubbish today when I should feel pure relief.
I'm going away for the weekend so will have more time to think.
He said iv reached my target (with a big grin on his face) and said okay let's book a date!!!
I told him if he gets a cancelation I'm there lol
He said I have to do the milk diet for two weeks before but if feel unwell have to do the other diet.
He said I won't have the swallow test after unless they think there is an issue.
He reassured me that If I feel I am to unwell to go home then I can stay no one will push me out. He also said they will be really happy to have me sitting up after the op(one of my concerns due to pressure on my back and pancreas it kicks off ii lay flat on my back) had a bad experience with another op the nurses pinned me down coz I was trying to sit up from the pressure and they wouldn't let me it was awful.
He said I need to stay the same weight as I am now or keep losing if I like.
As long as I don't gain all will go ahead and I will be first on the list that afternoon which will be amazing will have to go in about 11am and my op will be at 1pm so in all sounds good. I have to take all meds as usual and inject once the night before then two weeks after.
But one thing concerned me a littles was he said ..... Hmmmm let's book you in here if there is an issue you can wait just few more weeks? Which didn't sound like he was so sure on that date and time so was little worrying. But happy to have something to plan for now.
How are you doing ? Xx

Thank you so much, I asked most of that apart from the drain part. He said I won't have the swallow test unless they think there is an issue. All went well I am having my surgery May 15th. I'm having the sleeve . finally feel like all this stress and upset has paid off fingers crossed it doesn't get canceled. I really appreciate the help thank you so much x
That's fantastic news Sweetcheeks..... a date at last and only a couple of months away, what a relief for you, I'm super pleased for you and excited too, was the sleeve a joint decision between you and the surgeon ? Xx

Hi Sweetcheeks
SJ x

So I FINALLY got my date!!!!!! MAY 15th Wahooooo! I am so happy I haven't had time to think today as didn't feel well at all today think because I didn't sleep at all last night and was so stressed I was sick so much this morning, I also have a swollen watery eye which is so painful feels like iv got glass in my eye so felt rubbish today when I should feel pure relief.
He said iv reached my target (with a big grin on his face) and said okay let's book a date!!!
He said I have to do the milk diet for two weeks before but if feel unwell have to do the other diet.
He said I won't have the swallow test after unless they think there is an issue.
He reassured me that If I feel I am to unwell to go home then I can stay no one will push me out. He also said they will be really happy to have me sitting up after the op(one of my concerns due to pressure on my back and pancreas it kicks off ii lay flat on my back) had a bad experience with another op the nurses pinned me down coz I was trying to sit up from the pressure and they wouldn't let me it was awful.
As long as I don't gain all will go ahead and I will be first on the list that afternoon which will be amazing will have to go in about 11am and my op will be at 1pm so in all sounds good. I have to take all meds as usual and inject once the night before then two weeks after.
But one thing concerned me a littles was he said ..... Hmmmm let's book you in here if there is an issue you can wait just few more weeks? Which didn't sound like he was so sure on that date and time so was little worrying. But happy to have something to plan for now.
How are you doing? How's the milk diet going? One day at a time xx

Since being on medication food stays down a lot more and fluid I have good days where I can keep things down and bad days where I still chuck up but since 16/01/17 I've gone from 19st 9lb and currently at 15st 10lb feeling a lot better in myself and more positive finally fit in to a size 16 jeans and that was the best part that I haven't fitted in a 16 for 12 years xx

How are you doing ? Xx

Back