• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

July 2015 Surgeries

Whoo hoo Mouse, Save a space for me on Thursday :)

Thank you Janet! My admission time was 7.30 am but I think I was in the theatre at 9.30, it's all such a blur! Left the hospital at 5pm ish. Was really impressed with all the staff they were so lovely to me. Can't rven describe how happy and excited I am right now. Will probably be even more excited when I feel less rubbish haha

Welcome to the losers bench Mouse!
You didn't have long to wait at all before you went into theatre my admission time was 8am I had to wait 7 and half hours and went to theatre at 3.30pm and I was discharged at 6.30pm and in my house just before 7pm. Good luck with rest of your journey xx

Hello everyone I'm out and back home resting :D Have some pretty painful trapped wind but operation went smoothly - had my band done through a single incision in 1 hour 10 minutes. Feel very tired and a bit queasy but can't even begin to describe the relief and happiness it's done! Hope you're feeling better Caroline! Xxx

Yay well done!!! :)

Xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hello everyone I'm out and back home resting :D Have some pretty painful trapped wind but operation went smoothly - had my band done through a single incision in 1 hour 10 minutes. Feel very tired and a bit queasy but can't even begin to describe the relief and happiness it's done! Hope you're feeling better Caroline! Xxx
Well done, take it easy xx

Thanks everyone! This forum has been an absolute god send for me - so happy I found you all :) it makes such an amazing difference having all these lovely strangers cheering each other on!

Such an exciting time for all of us! X

#EndSoppyPost

Thanks everyone! This forum has been an absolute god send for me - so happy I found you all :) it makes such an amazing difference having all these lovely strangers cheering each other on!

Such an exciting time for all of us! X

#EndSoppyPost

My sentiments exactly

5 days till I can chew. I have to confess to chewing some of the kids food last night just to get the taste and the sensation and then removed it from my mouth. Sad or what?

And I can't believe I just admitted to that on here.

I'm a bit jealous of both of you I've still got another 2 weeks before I can have puréed food I've already done 2 weeks liquid.

I feel your pain after drinking liquids for 3weeks and 3 days im dying for pureed. Never thought in a million years i would say this out loud

8 for me, can't wait xx

Not long we will we can do this we have come do far on this journey. Evenbthough we have a long way to go admitting you have a problem seeking help getting help are very important steps towards beating ovesity and repaing our bodies

Not long we will we can do this we have come do far on this journey. Evenbthough we have a long way to go admitting you have a problem seeking help getting help are very important steps towards beating ovesity and repaing our bodies

Small steps, we will get there!

How long did it take people's trapped wind post op to disappear? I feel pregnant my tummy is so distended and painful - I've been sipping on peppermint tea but it's not seeming to disappear! It's meaning I don't want to drink anything which is obvs bad for hydration but I'm so uncomfortable :(

How long did it take people's trapped wind post op to disappear? I feel pregnant my tummy is so distended and painful - I've been sipping on peppermint tea but it's not seeming to disappear! It's meaning I don't want to drink anything which is obvs bad for hydration but I'm so uncomfortable :(

I was lucky enough that I didn't suffer with any wind and wasn't in any pain, sorry I can't help you.

I had my op on the 14th and although I don't have trapped wind now I am very bloated and like you feel and look pregnant. I had trapped wind for the first 3 days behind my shoulder which was very painful I found that if I kept moving it eventually shifted. Hope it goes soon.

Hi - I suffered terribly with mine and even yesterday had some really painful shoulder pain. Today is the first day I haven't suffered too badly and thats 8 days on. However, what I would say is sip really slowly.... Stay upright as much as possible too. Mine lasted so long because it was pressure from being really constipated. I had to take medication to help me with that and even though it's not perfect.... Today I think I'm officially no longer constipated (tmi?) and I have no wind pain.

You really need to keep your fluids up I found I was just sipping all day and getting very little calories in the first 4 days or so. I feel so much better today. Practically normal in fact..

Hope you feel better soon x

Hi everyone,

I'm due to have my surgery tomorrow, I have to be there for 7:15 tomorrow morning- But I should be one of the first down as they do RNY bypasses first. I feel odd sort of, not at all as I expected the only way I can describe it is a limbo. I don't know why did any of you feel the same ?

I thought I would be excited waiting for tomorrow it dosent seem like its 11hrs to go. Perhaps I'll feel different in morning, I have waited so long to be able to have surgery as well. Lol

I'm sure you'll feel different in the morning we all go though different emotions I know I did, good luck for tomorrow x

Back