• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Jumping for joy.

vicky jenkins

Hi bling,
I'm doing OK heart wise, pretty much symptom free since ablation, I go to see cardiologist at the end of May when we get back from holiday.
When I had my first hospital appointment I was wearing a size 28/30 this week I have been buying holiday clothes in a size 16/18. It's so nice to buy clothes from any shop.
I'm still losing slower than others but I'm still losing and that's the main thing.
I've decided that I'm going to enrol at a gym near where I work and will have 4 sessions with a personal trainer who will assess me and advise me with what equipment to use for the results I want. My body and skin really needs toning.
It'll be expensive but worth it.
I'm so pleased you are managing OK. Keep posting as I always have a look even if I don't always post a reply. Xx

Bling Babe

Hi bling,
I'm doing OK heart wise, pretty much symptom free since ablation, I go to see cardiologist at the end of May when we get back from holiday.
When I had my first hospital appointment I was wearing a size 28/30 this week I have been buying holiday clothes in a size 16/18. It's so nice to buy clothes from any shop.
I'm still losing slower than others but I'm still losing and that's the main thing.
I've decided that I'm going to enrol at a gym near where I work and will have 4 sessions with a personal trainer who will assess me and advise me with what equipment to use for the results I want. My body and skin really needs toning.
It'll be expensive but worth it.
I'm so pleased you are managing OK. Keep posting as I always have a look even if I don't always post a reply. Xx
That great, I hadn’t realised you’d had the ablation, so glad all going well, as for the weight loss and clothes sizes...WOW.. that incredible, very well done Vicky, it’s going to be a fantastic holiday and good luck at the gym. Xxx

Elias

It's wicked joining this late in as there's so many successes in each of the stages of wls. 4 stone is an incredible loss! I've never got even close to that in my life! Well done and keep doing what you're doing :)

vicky jenkins

Well it's 10 months since surgery and now I think my tummy is telling me it doesn't want to eat meat any more. I this was mainly how I got my protein in although I did eat eggs and cheese too but will now have to look at other options of eating protein other than meat.

Bling Babe

Well it's 10 months since surgery and now I think my tummy is telling me it doesn't want to eat meat any more. I this was mainly how I got my protein in although I did eat eggs and cheese too but will now have to look at other options of eating protein other than meat.
Oh no, what are your symptoms Vicky, it may be time to try the crab now, otherwise, milk, protein yogurts and protein shakes or unflavoured protein mix for water, pulses ? Xx

vicky jenkins

Oh no, what are your symptoms Vicky, it may be time to try the crab now, otherwise, milk, protein yogurts and protein shakes or unflavoured protein mix for water, pulses ? Xx
I feel I want the food but then when I start eating meat I get the ' if I eat any more I'm going to be poorly ' feeling, and I really don't want it.
Our NHS Trust advise against protein drinks and supplements as they really want us to get all the goodness from food and I understand that.... But I'm just finding it so hard at the moment.
Tearful and ratty today and not a hormone in sight. X

Bling Babe

I feel I want the food but then when I start eating meat I get the ' if I eat any more I'm going to be poorly ' feeling, and I really don't want it.
Our NHS Trust advise against protein drinks and supplements as they really want us to get all the goodness from food and I understand that.... But I'm just finding it so hard at the moment.
Tearful and ratty today and not a hormone in sight. X
Aw Vicky, big cyber hug for you :hugs::hugs::hugs:, I do get that but would they at least allow unflavoured one mixed in water, at least it’s a little boost, sorry I don’t have answers, hopefully someone else will xxxx

vicky jenkins

Aw Vicky, big cyber hug for you :hugs::hugs::hugs:, I do get that but would they at least allow unflavoured one mixed in water, at least it’s a little boost, sorry I don’t have answers, hopefully someone else will xxxx
I emailed the Dietician yesterday but she has not replied.
Our follow up care is awful. I had an appointment at 6 weeks then they said I didn't attend my 6 month appointment but I never had letter so when I go at end of June that'll be first appointment since 6 weeks.
I'm worried they will think I've not list enough weight since surgery too, others from our trust seem to have done so much better than me.
We don't do as much as other trusts as we don't have a long LRD and only on two days fluids after.
Sorry for the rant xx

sandra overton

Our follow up care is awful. I had an appointment at 6 weeks then they said I didn't attend my 6 month appointment but I never had letter so when I go at end of June that'll be first appointment since 6 weeks.
I'm worried they will think I've not list enough weight since surgery too, others from our trust seem to have done so much better than me.
We don't do as much as other trusts as we don't have a long LRD and only on two days fluids after.
Sorry for the rant xx
Oh sorry your not feeling too good what meat made you feel like that perhaps fish will be ok instead hope you feel better soon xx

vicky jenkins

Just about all meats. Seem to fill me really quickly and feel yukky. I'm going to go meat free for a while but still eat fish but I'm not a huge fish lover but needs must.

Bling Babe

Sorry for the rant xx
Don’t be sorry Vicky, we all have our moments and that’s what we are all here for, I don’t think you need to worry about not losing enough !! You have done fantastically well and we must not compare, everyone is different and will lose at different rates, just look at yourself your amazing. I think it would be a good idea to make a nuisance of yourself and keep emailing and/or ringing them. I have to say I would have been scared to eat at 2 days post-op :confused: have you thought about going back to basics with meat and shredding it into tiny pieces to see if your pouch can be re-educated? Xx
Let me know how you get on my love xxx

Bling Babe

Going on holiday on Friday so food choices might be tricky but I'll do my best. I think eggs will be my saviour
Where are you of too Vicky xx

vicky jenkins

Don’t be sorry Vicky, we all have our moments and that’s what we are all here for, I don’t think you need to worry about not losing enough !! You have done fantastically well and we must not compare, everyone is different and will lose at different rates, just look at yourself your amazing. I think it would be a good idea to make a nuisance of yourself and keep emailing and/or ringing them. I have to say I would have been scared to eat at 2 days post-op :confused: have you thought about going back to basics with meat and shredding it into tiny pieces to see if your pouch can be re-educated? Xx
Let me know how you get on my love xxx
They won't let us leave hospital until we've had a couple of teaspoons of yogurt.
I'll see what I'm like when I'm back from holiday in a month then maybe introduce one meat type at a time. Xx thank you x

Bling Babe

Bling Babe

Hiya Vicky, have your team got back to you yet? I’m sorry nobody was able to answer your protein question on here, have a fabulous holiday xxxx

vicky jenkins

Hiya Vicky, have your team got back to you yet? I’m sorry nobody was able to answer your protein question on here, have a fabulous holiday xxxx
Yes, but it took a while, the Dietician said a minimum of 60g protein and aim for 1200 calories, she didn't tell me carbs or fats so I'm still none the wiser on that score.
I'm using an app called baritastic specifically for bariatric patients, it's free and monitors bmi, protein, cals, fats, exercise, water the lot. I'm finding really helpful.
Today has been 1045 cals, 66g protein. It's been hard to gauge on holiday but trying to be good. Been eating too many peanuts though.
Couldn't understand why I was getting tummy ache but now realise the yogurt I've been having that I thought was sugar free didn't translate to that at all so it looks like it's the yogurt! All trial and error