• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Jumping for joy.

vicky jenkins

Hi, I saw the dietitian for the first time on 19th Sept, I have to lose 1st 1lb in 6 months, he advised me to eat and do certain things before I see him again on 24th Oct, I've followed his plan 100% and I have lost 10.5lb in 2 weeks, and while I'm thrilled I've lost a good amount I'm worried that they won't do surgery if I lose too much, can anyone advise please

FeeBee

Surely if you do loose loads of weight without needing surgery that's really a good thing? I do understand the fear that without the tool the weight won't stay off but none of us make the decision to go for life changing surgery lightly. Many just stick with it until the 24th and see where you are?

vicky jenkins

Keeping it off has always been such a hard task for me , I've never managed it . And I always end up putting it all back on again

FeeBee

Yep me too. I was honest with my worries and it was fine in the end. It's unlikely you are going to keep having such huge losses which I am sure you know :) I am sorry there are so many loops to jump through but I and others have said before it helped get us in the right place mentally. You can do this :)

Rose2016

I think your weight loss will show you are determined to make this work. Most people are told to lose weight to show commitment so I really would not worry that they will take the surgery away from you as they take many things into account when assessing you for surgery, not just your most recent weight.
You are still a long way from goal weight and, as you point out, many of us have lost stones time and time again but keeping it off is the problem.

Debs!

Don't want to be a downer but wls is amazing and I totally credit it with my success. That said, I am 15 months out and can now eat almost normally. I cannot eat single huge portions in one sitting. But I could eat little and often end that could be a calorific snack. Do that every 90 mins or so and weight gain would clearly be very easy. Regain is a real part of all of the weight loss surgeries - so I felt it worthy to say - it's a post op fear to regain. Some do in significant amounts. I already can see from my own post op changes that this is a battle for life in my case. I think the advice of showing how determined you are is very valid and I wish you well. Excellent loss in 2 weeks. Best wishes and good luck with your journey x

vicky jenkins

Don't want to be a downer but wls is amazing and I totally credit it with my success. That said, I am 15 months out and can now eat almost normally. I cannot eat single huge portions in one sitting. But I could eat little and often end that could be a calorific snack. Do that every 90 mins or so and weight gain would clearly be very easy. Regain is a real part of all of the weight loss surgeries - so I felt it worthy to say - it's a post op fear to regain. Some do in significant amounts. I already can see from my own post op changes that this is a battle for life in my case. I think the advice of showing how determined you are is very valid and I wish you well. Excellent loss in 2 weeks. Best wishes and good luck with your journey x
Thank you x

vicky jenkins

Well I had met my 5% target but I've now put a few pound back on so I'm struggling to get it off again. I have such a sweet tooth , but for me it's all or nothing, there is no inbetween, this week coming I'm going to try and stick to dietitian plan 100% and see if I can lose a bit more.
My 6 months deadline is 19th March but between now and then I've got a 3 week holiday in Goa and Christmas and new year so I'm guessing I need to get my but into gear and start as I mean to go on.

FeeBee

I know it's hard I really do and yes starting as you mean to go on is vital. After WLS there will be holidays and Christmases and lots of special occasions so the sooner you feel able to enjoy them without it being all about the food the easier it will eventually feel. You can absolutely do this :)

starryeyed

Hey Vicky hope you're feeling better today - I'm sure the occasional treat in moderation is okay especially with holiday coming up. If we didn't allow ourselves something we would probably go crazy. You will have four months.. you can do this and you have us here to help x

vicky jenkins

Thank you.
I'm feeling much more positive and focussed today.
I'm taking the tablets at each meal tine and will stick to plan
I'm you g to go for a swim tomorrow morning at 6.45 before work
I'll also get weighed so I'll know o e way or another and can start again.

FeeBee

I meant to add that for my birthday this year one of the best things was I had a tiny piece of cake and it was great. I didn't feel guilty and I didn't panic I'd accidentally eat the whole thing - which has been known to happen ;) I had a bit and that was satisfying and totally none angsty :D Honestly it changes your whole attitude to food, you are in control of it and not the other way around :) Plus just for getting up extra early on a Monday you deserve some sort of medal!

vicky jenkins

The support you all give me is amazing, my husband Richard supports me in the sense of he is OK about me having surgery, he helps with having good good in the house etc but he gives me such a hard time if I blip then I feel really bad and want to eat for comfort.....we've all been there. and I know it's going to be hard on the other side of surgery, really hard but I also know it's so gonna be worth it.

Hannah2

That's what the forum is for! Like minded people supporting each other - we have all been there!

vicky jenkins

I'm not going swimming as I've woken full of cold and feeling urgh! but I've got two hours off between 10-12 so I'll go for a ling walk. I'm still going to weigh at leisure centre though.

FeeBee

Feel better soon x

vicky jenkins

I weighed and put on 2 lb, so a total loss of 13 1/2lb.
I've wiped the slate clean.
I went for a walk for 45 mins, it was freezing cold and raining, but was determined
Onwards and upwards.
Would live to lose another stone by 4 th Jan

FeeBee

I'm glad you've looked at it positively and gone for a walk. I did too this morning despite the torrential rain, I don't know about you but I certainly felt awake by the time I got home!

Bling Babe

Hey Vicky I just saw you updated status and I'm wondering if you've had a recent appointment and I hadn't realised, maybe it's me stilll trying to find my way around, are you still enjoying your swims and walks ?? I wish I was brave enough to go swimming I used to love it when I was younger xx