• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Jumping for joy.

Bling Babe

Yes, but it took a while, the Dietician said a minimum of 60g protein and aim for 1200 calories, she didn't tell me carbs or fats so I'm still none the wiser on that score.
I'm using an app called baritastic specifically for bariatric patients, it's free and monitors bmi, protein, cals, fats, exercise, water the lot. I'm finding really helpful.
Today has been 1045 cals, 66g protein. It's been hard to gauge on holiday but trying to be good. Been eating too many peanuts though.
Couldn't understand why I was getting tummy ache but now realise the yogurt I've been having that I thought was sugar free didn't translate to that at all so it looks like it's the yogurt! All trial and error
Glad you got some idea on the protein at least, I’ll have a little look at the app, I’m using “my fitness pal” at the moment, do you think baritastic is better? Glad you did don’t suffer anything worse than a tummy ache over the yogurt
Have a fab holiday xxxx

vicky jenkins

Glad you got some idea on the protein at least, I’ll have a little look at the app, I’m using “my fitness pal” at the moment, do you think baritastic is better? Glad you did don’t suffer anything worse than a tummy ache over the yogurt
Have a fab holiday xxxx
Yes I think its much better x

Bling Babe

Probably because I’m so early post op but at the moment I’m struggling to see how I could possibly consume 1200 calories in a day, I’m sure that time will come, this is the only reason I’m checking my calories xxx

slimkim

Have a fab holiday xxxx

Yes I think its much better x

I use baritastic too. I've been using it from pre-op. I love it as a tracker. I like the daily quotes too.

I've used my fitness pal for previous attempts at weight loss and its a similar app. Baritastic gives you recipe idea though and links to articles to read when you just want to get some info on different things. I also have my mid afternoon reminder set on there to take my multi-vitamin as I can't take it too soon in the morning with my calcium tablets and they have to be taken an hour after eating. I also like the timers for eating, drinking and between bites. @Bling Babe I definitely recommend it too.

vicky jenkins

I've had a great day on my holiday today but an awful food day.
Scrambled egg on a small slice of toast for breakfast.
Out for the day and went to fish restaurant, I'm not a huge lot er of fish so I had a cheese selection, shared with hubby, 5 different varieties of cheese and I had a bit of a crusty roll, the crusty bit not the squidgy bread bit, also had a bag of crisps as really felt I was missing out when everyone piled into tiny cafe and all and I mean all bought ice cream.... I ssoooo wanted an ice cream but was too scared of dumping so had a bottle of water and small bag of crisps.
Going to hotel restaurant soon so will have salad with cheese again. Eating salad most nights and doing salad at lunch time. Last night had baked white fish with carrots, doesn't sound exciting but was actually really tasty.

Bling Babe

I've had a great day on my holiday today but an awful food day.
Scrambled egg on a small slice of toast for breakfast.
Out for the day and went to fish restaurant, I'm not a huge lot er of fish so I had a cheese selection, shared with hubby, 5 different varieties of cheese and I had a bit of a crusty roll, the crusty bit not the squidgy bread bit, also had a bag of crisps as really felt I was missing out when everyone piled into tiny cafe and all and I mean all bought ice cream.... I ssoooo wanted an ice cream but was too scared of dumping so had a bottle of water and small bag of crisps.
Going to hotel restaurant soon so will have salad with cheese again. Eating salad most nights and doing salad at lunch time. Last night had baked white fish with carrots, doesn't sound exciting but was actually really tasty.
Vicky that doesn’t sound too bad, at least you had plenty of protein with the cheese. Xxx

Bling Babe

Today was 89g protein and 1345 cals so over on calories and protein. I'm OK with that. I'm on holiday after all. X
Wow excellent protein.... not too bad calories you just relax and enjoy xx

Bling Babe

Hiya Vicky hope you got on ok on Friday xxx

vicky jenkins

Sorry I've not been on here much lately.
But I have good news, my heart it seems is now fixed, I am off the blood thinners, stopped one beta blockers completely and now feel so much more alive. The other beta blockers I have reduced to 1 day instead of 1 twice a day and next week I cut that completely too.
No symptoms since discontinuing meds.
I'm so happy.
Not losing much weight but I'm 3lb lighter than the last time I was on here so that's good. I'm still hoping to lose another 2 stone.
And I have acquired the perfect little helper.....picture to follow

Irene44

Sorry I've not been on here much lately.
But I have good news, my heart it seems is now fixed, I am off the blood thinners, stopped one beta blockers completely and now feel so much more alive. The other beta blockers I have reduced to 1 day instead of 1 twice a day and next week I cut that completely too.
No symptoms since discontinuing meds.
I'm so happy.
Not losing much weight but I'm 3lb lighter than the last time I was on here so that's good. I'm still hoping to lose another 2 stone.
And I have acquired the perfect little helper.....picture to follow

Lovely to see you back Hun Great minds think alike I got a little personal trainer too!! Xxx

Irene44