• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Latest on Chivasgirl

tesmaralda

Had a text about an hour ago from Lorna to say she has been readmitted to walsall manor with complications from either her spleen or blood clots. She is having a ct scan tomorrow and will let me know more. Will update you as and when I know anymore xXx

Hope she is OK. Please keep us posted xx

Poor Lorna! I hope everything's ok.:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed: Marion xx

Send her lots of ((hugs)), and a get well from me:D

Dear all, I am now home (came home on Tuesday night). CT scan was clear for a PE and my spleen looking normal, everything else also looking good in abdominal area. However, I have left basal pneumonitis - basically infection in left lung caused by inflammation which in turn could have been caused by small clots irritating lung or extreme coughing or vomiting (I was really sick in the hospital after op). My doc has also phoned me now and said I am anaemic and have to have iron syrup too... delightful.

So now I can add more antibiotics and iron to my daily intake of medication!!

It started off on Sunday really, couldn't get a deep breath, but thought it was just the same as I'd been suffering since I got home, but lower down on the left hand side. This was more under my ribs. When I woke up with it much worse on Monday I phoned docs but they could only give me appt with the nurse. So hubby took the bull (me!) by the horns and drove me to Walsall rather than waste time with our more local hospitals. Spent about 5 hours in casualty on a trolley, mostly in the hall but occasionally in a cubicle with 3 other people! It was VERY busy there. Did a chest xray then eventually I went up to the IAU ward (intermediate assessment unit), where I did actually stay. The first chap I saw diagnosed a muscular problem from being sick or coughing. Then Mr Khan came down to see me and said he didn't agree, he wanted a chest xray and CT scan to rule out PE or spleen issues and wanted me in for at least the night.

Unfortunately decided to try some tramadol yesterday about 5pm, as morphine makes me sick, and codeine has an adverse reaction on my stomach. Thought it was worth a try, had a 50mg dose only, but it really did not agree with me at all. I got a migraine, which I don't know whether was from the tramadol or from reading the best part of a whole book during the day without any reading glasses on (oops), but it gave me vision problems and was bad enough that I asked for a migraine tablet. I only had half a one but crikey I was ill from it. Managed to get out of hospital after seeing the chest physio for some breathing exercises. Got home, got as far as taking off the cripplingly tight stockings, and had to run to loo to be sick. Absolutely not a thing came up, just dry heaving for 10 minutes, it was so painful. Nothing up at all, no bile or liquid, nada. But felt miles better, went back to bed and then slept on and off until 5.30am.

Still in quite a bit of pain, but glad to be home. Going to start taking it a bit easier in case it was my fault, doing something I shouldn't have. So, off for a nap for an hour!!!

Glad to be home....

Hi Lorna

Really pleased you are home now. Hope you start to feel better really soon!

Maz x

Lorna, sure your GP will have known, but just in case make sure he/she prescribes the sugar free version of the iron syrup, as the normal version can make you dump.

Thanks Shelbell, hubby on phone to pharmacy now. I was prescribed antibiotics last week and asked for sugar free and apparently the doc put on my file that you can't get sugar free flucloxacillin. My sisterinlaw pharmacist said you could...! I've now got sugar free amoxycillin. Just checked with pharmacy, prescription is for non sugar-free, so back to surgery for new prescription. Great this isn't it!!!

Hi chick, glad things are settling down. You rest and take care. I was given sugar free amoxycillin but it didn't ouch my wound infection so had oxytetracycline - don't do it in liquid form or sugar free so had to crush tablets and take with small amount of fluid. That seems to have done the trick.
Look after yourself. x x x

Crikey Lorna - you could write a book! I hope it all gets sorted soon and you can get comfortable and recover quickly. All the best, sweetheart - take care, Marion xx

Hi Lorna - glad your home just get the rest your body needs and as my GP said it's going to be slow so be patient!!!! Iron syrup is delightful (Not!!!) i don't know what happens to your taste buds but things do taste strange at times.

Sending you hugs with fairy dust to keep you resting and safe xx

Back