• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

lethargic!!!

Tonibones10

Im Finally Getting There!
My sis has just invited me to the grand national for her hen do in April and its her wedding 2 weeks later then me Ian and our son Joe are going on her honeymoon in turkey 2 weeks after that for 2 weeks I'm so scared for all 3! I love her so much and would do anything for her but I'm sat here petrified lol, do you think trying out the pre op diet for a few weeks before would help? .... my god my op can't come soon enough I'm sick of wanting to hide away because I feel like this about leaving the house let alone anything else! ... I hope this is my last "fattie" year of important stuff!! Xxx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

Aw Toni, lovely ... your sister loves you as you are & has invited you to all 3 events because she wants you there. :) No one judges you are harshly as you do yourself. You go & have lots of piccies taken knowing that next year you will look back at them & be so glad you had had the op :) Enjoy, sweetheart ... life is not a rehearsal :wave_cry: xxx

Tonibones10 said:
My sis has just invited me to the grand national for her hen do in April and its her wedding 2 weeks later then me Ian and our son Joe are going on her honeymoon in turkey 2 weeks after that for 2 weeks I'm so scared for all 3! I love her so much and would do anything for her but I'm sat here petrified lol, do you think trying out the pre op diet for a few weeks before would help? .... my god my op can't come soon enough I'm sick of wanting to hide away because I feel like this about leaving the house let alone anything else! ... I hope this is my last "fattie" year of important stuff!! Xxx

Ur have a fantastic time babes just enjoy urself, just b confident hold it head up high and think that soon ur b the size u want to b but beauty is within darling so let ur beauty shine through and ur b just as beautiful as the rest of them xx

TwinkleTwinkle said:
Aw Toni, lovely ... your sister loves you as you are & has invited you to all 3 events because she wants you there. :) No one judges you are harshly as you do yourself. You go & have lots of piccies taken knowing that next year you will look back at them & be so glad you had had the op :) Enjoy, sweetheart ... life is not a rehearsal :wave_cry: xxx

Thanks hun, I know she loves me she's the one who's been there through everything! But I also know that she sees me as an invalid (she's said it to someone that she does stuff for me cos she doesnt think I can do anything) to be her sister will be brilliant I've only ever felt like her pateint! :S ... I dunno just can't wait to start a fresh and be a human again, I'm just scared of the next 8 months or so in-between now an my op where I'm still killing myself and feeling horrendous in the process .... sorry for the winge Xx

Laura b said:
Ur have a fantastic time babes just enjoy urself, just b confident hold it head up high and think that soon ur b the size u want to b but beauty is within darling so let ur beauty shine through and ur b just as beautiful as the rest of them xx

Thank you, most of the time I'm ok its just when I think of the big stuff, I want to be one of them, i know there all going to be in dresses and looking gorgeous and I'm going to be the one in black at the back not wanting to ruin the pictures..... ffs I've not felt this rubbish in months!!! Xxx

Tonibones10 said:
Thank you, most of the time I'm ok its just when I think of the big stuff, I want to be one of them, i know there all going to be in dresses and looking gorgeous and I'm going to be the one in black at the back not wanting to ruin the pictures..... ffs I've not felt this rubbish in months!!! Xxx

Wat about a maxi dress?? There's lots of lovely ones about very flattering and u can wear flat shoes dress it up with accessorys ur look georg!!! Treat urself have ur hair done at hairdressers that morning even just blow dryed, a bit of lippy a fascinator and ur away xx

Laura b said:
Wat about a maxi dress?? There's lots of lovely ones about very flattering and u can wear flat shoes dress it up with accessorys ur look georg!!! Treat urself have ur hair done at hairdressers that morning even just blow dryed, a bit of lippy a fascinator and ur away xx

That's the other crap thing I'm unemployed every spare penny goes on my son, If I can gain the willpower from somewhere I will try loose some weight before because I got a dress for the wedding but it doesn't fit me .... Xx

Im sure if you went in a bin bag with a dead sparrow in your hair she wouldnt mind!! It's YOU she wants there, not a tailor's dummy, so grab whatever you feel most comfortable in, slap on the lippy and perfume and ENJOY your sister's big event for her sake! XXXXX

snagglepuss said:
Im sure if you went in a bin bag with a dead sparrow in your hair she wouldnt mind!! It's YOU she wants there, not a tailor's dummy, so grab whatever you feel most comfortable in, slap on the lippy and perfume and ENJOY your sister's big event for her sake! XXXXX

No matter what I will enjoy it I'm just so scared .... just hoping this is the last event before my op! Xx

Don't be scared - everyone will be looking at the horses or the betting slips!! They will all be way too busy having a good time, and even if someone does cast a glance in your direction, they will never see you again so who cares? And even if they do see you again, they won't recognise you after the op!!! :D

snagglepuss said:
Don't be scared - everyone will be looking at the horses or the betting slips!! They will all be way too busy having a good time, and even if someone does cast a glance in your direction, they will never see you again so who cares? And even if they do see you again, they won't recognise you after the op!!! :D

Yeah your right can't flaming wait for this op!! Id do it tomoz if I could... xxx

I sat in the hospital bariatric waiting room today, with several people who were all pre-op, and I really wanted to explode with excitement and jump up and down and tell them all how bloody wonderful this surgery is!! I managed to control myself though, said nothing, and smiled a lot in that very British understated way!!

snagglepuss said:
I sat in the hospital bariatric waiting room today, with several people who were all pre-op, and I really wanted to explode with excitement and jump up and down and tell them all how bloody wonderful this surgery is!! I managed to control myself though, said nothing, and smiled a lot in that very British understated way!!

Lol I won't miss anything about the current me! And will be like you wanting to tell everyone I meet about it xxx

Hi Toni,

I do understand exactly how you feel. A friend I haven't seen for over 20 years rang me last night and wants to meet up in February. Although it will be great to see her, I have put on about 12 stones since I last saw her, and she doesn't know! Although I had my bypass in November, I still have a lot of weight to lose, and I would really have liked it if it was February next year not this year!

Like you, I will have to bite the bullet and go through with it. I know that we will get along just fine, and our friendship will shine through whatever, but I will feel awkward and embarrassed.

I think I will warn her before she arrives, then she can expect the worst! Oh for a magic wand.......

Hope your events go well. As others have rightly said, real friends will see the real you and love you for who you are. Any who don't are not worth having as friends.

Liz xx

PS Is your birthday 14th May? Same as mine if it is!

Lizzo said:
Hi Toni,

I do understand exactly how you feel. A friend I haven't seen for over 20 years rang me last night and wants to meet up in February. Although it will be great to see her, I have put on about 12 stones since I last saw her, and she doesn't know! Although I had my bypass in November, I still have a lot of weight to lose, and I would really have liked it if it was February next year not this year!

Like you, I will have to bite the bullet and go through with it. I know that we will get along just fine, and our friendship will shine through whatever, but I will feel awkward and embarrassed.

I think I will warn her before she arrives, then she can expect the worst! Oh for a magic wand.......

Hope your events go well. As others have rightly said, real friends will see the real you and love you for who you are. Any who don't are not worth having as friends.

Liz xx

PS Is your birthday 14th May? Same as mine if it is!

Aw bless ya I worry about seeing my friends for that same reason I know it will be fine and I will have loads of fun when I'm there! And so will you :) ... feeling even worse today ... mad how 1 comment not even about my weight can knock you down hey! I really must stop sticking up for people I have a lump in my throat! Gggrrrrr....

Yeah lol 14th may :D what a good day! :p xxx

I'm sure our weight makes us super-sensitive to comments. I can still clearly remember a snide comment made about me when I was in my swimming costume over 10 years ago. I wasn't meant to hear it, but I did! I guess that the smart thing is to turn it into a positive - we can lose weight, but the person making the comment will always be ignorant :D:D:D

Anyway, chin up! We Taureans are made of strong stuff lol.

Liz xx

Lizzo said:
I'm sure our weight makes us super-sensitive to comments. I can still clearly remember a snide comment made about me when I was in my swimming costume over 10 years ago. I wasn't meant to hear it, but I did! I guess that the smart thing is to turn it into a positive - we can lose weight, but the person making the comment will always be ignorant :D:D:D

Anyway, chin up! We Taureans are made of strong stuff lol.

Liz xx

It wasn't about my weight, I could have understood that lol had that all my life! Al be fine just that way out lol

Yeah good job I'm a Taurus Haha xxx

oh i hear ya Tone! the only place i go is bingo with my mum. My daughter will graduate from uni this year and im dreading being her fat mum there :( but of course i wouldnt miss it for the world, good luck xxx

Caren said:
oh i hear ya Tone! the only place i go is bingo with my mum. My daughter will graduate from uni this year and im dreading being her fat mum there :( but of course i wouldnt miss it for the world, good luck xxx

Thank you :) good luck to you too xxx

Back