• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Let's Play Guess The Lump!

EmDubs

Bleurgh...!
Hi all,

Just wanted to show you a couple of pics to see what you think this lump is on the left hand side of my tummy, below my belly button. I don't think it's swelling as it's a hard, solid lump that feels completely different to the rest of my tummy. It's not painful either.

P.s Excuse the dodgy underwear combinations... I'm in grot mode and having down days! Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Attachments

• image-1179101760.jpg
    image-1179101760.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 532
  • image-3913103972.jpg
    image-3913103972.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 393
  • image-2730052161.jpg
    image-2730052161.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 295
  • image-1801353121.jpg
    image-1801353121.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 474

Big an Bouncy

Could be a hernia,I had one in exactly the same spot!When you lay flat and raise your head and shoulders off the floor does it pop up higher?If so get your gp to check it.It happens after childbirth and c sections!Mine was repaired when I had my bypass done.Feels great now.

EmDubs

Bleurgh...!
I had never noticed any lumps like this before my abdominoplasty. I first noticed my left side was larger than my right after my first op but surely the Surgeons would or should have picked it up while they were in there?

flowerofshona

loks like its near a drainage hole ?? if so it could be swelling from that or a small abcess get it checked out xxx

Big an Bouncy

Didnt realise you had a tuck!It could be scar tissue that will go down or a bit of your stomach muscle .

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Scar tissue, left over fatty deposit, swelling - could be anything really Em?!

If you are worried get back in touch with the surgical team x

EmDubs

Bleurgh...!
When I saw the Surgical team after my abdominoplasty they said liposuction should sort it out. Clearly it didn't. Before lipo it just looked like they hadn't taken enough fat and skin away from that side but now post lipo I can just see and feel a solid lump. Probably about the size of a golf ball but not spherical in shape.

findit13

hiya Em. Not sure if you still use this sight, but was wondering if you were happy with your surgeon. I'm thinking of having lipo done, and it appears I'd be using Gateley as you did. Were you happy with him and the results?

Raynebubble

Looks the same as my hernia. Hernias are not always painfull... i had one for 7 years then it strangulated so had an op to repair... but ince got another one and apart from it being a strange lump on my left side of my belly... for the last 5 years it hasnt caused any problems... Best think would be take a visit to your docs so they can have a prod about and tell you what it could be xx

Bellydancer57

Go to your GP & get a medical opinion. I also had a strange small egg shaped lump near my belly button. I was actually told it was my fibroids which were poking out on a stalk.
When I had my sleeve 2weeks ago the surgeon told me after the op that he repaired an umbilical hernia (didn't't know I had one!?). Now no egg shaped lump yipppeeeee!

EmDubs

Bleurgh...!
The lump has gone down since however I'm still slightly uneven.

Mr. Gateley is absolutely lovely. Very soft spoken, very well spoken and makes you feel relaxed... But... Overall I'm not overly happy with his work... My scar line is so uneven, I've had to go back for 2 lots of lipo (on the first lot of lipo he didn't even draw on me and on the day of surgery I only saw him for about 10 seconds when he told me he was too busy and had to put me back 3 hours).

I mentioned that I was unhappy with my hips and my upper abdomen and looking at me now it's like nothing was done in those areas. I've been considering asking for a second opinion from another surgeon...

If you go with Mr. Gateley then make sure you are quite firm with him.

findit13

Thanks Em,

I'm glad you responded. Thanks for giving me your opinion, I think I'll check with some other surgeons before I go on with my plan of getting liposuction.

HoneyAllen

its just a sign for an obesity and all you need to do is to go for extensive jogging sessions everyday. Liposuction is a part and known therapy for this which you can also hav a way to but sometimes they may lead to certain side effects. It doesn't suit every body. They only way to getting flat abs is by resorting to jogging for atleast 4 miles a day and less consumption of saturated fats.