• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Liver shrinking diet

Xenia67

Hi, I start my LSD on Monday 3rd November, which is 4x meal replacement shakes at 200 calories each and then black tea, coffee or water. I'm starting to panic, can I survive this, I know it is 'do-able'', and I realise I need to do this but does anyone have any tips to get through this. I work shifts and this week I'm on early shifts, up at 04:30 am :-( any advice would be greatly received :)

Hi, I start my LSD on Monday 3rd November, which is 4x meal replacement shakes at 200 calories each and then black tea, coffee or water. I'm starting to panic, can I survive this, I know it is 'do-able'', and I realise I need to do this but does anyone have any tips to get through this. I work shifts and this week I'm on early shifts, up at 04:30 am :-( any advice would be greatly received :)

Hi, well done on getting this far. You will be fine on 800 calories. I have done VLC diets before and after the 1st couple of days it gets easier. This is just my experience although not at the LSD stage yet. Good luck!

I'm not sure which meal replacement your doing but, there is a company that do 'savoury' meals......I have used previously. The red bean chilli and cottage pie quite nice. And makes you feel like your eating normal, and can add vegi's today fill you up. Each pack about 140 cals. Xxxx

Hi, well done on getting this far. You will be fine on 800 calories. I have done VLC diets before and after the 1st couple of days it gets easier. This is just my experience although not at the LSD stage yet. Good luck!

Thank you this is reassuring, fingercrossed

I'm not sure which meal replacement your doing but, there is a company that do 'savoury' meals......I have used previously. The red bean chilli and cottage pie quite nice. And makes you feel like your eating normal, and can add vegi's today fill you up. Each pack about 140 cals. Xxxx

Mmmm that sounds good, just so long as I don't exceed 800 I believe that is fine, I don't suppose you know the product name, by chance? Thanks

worth checking with your provider if it's ok to have meals and not shakes as for some it may not be ok. But the pre op is a good chance to get into a right frame of mind for what's to come post surgery...

Thanks Top Cat I will check. I need to ensure I get the correct vitamins etc so that it why Slimfast equivalents are suggested are recommended. slimfast have too many calories so Ultra slim (Tescos) is one suggestion. Like you say it is to get me ready for the op etc so just got to focus on the light at the end of the tunnel.

I've just done the milk n yoghurt diet and I found it ok I surprisingly had quite a lot of energy just a bit weak in the mornings but it totally got my head in the zone ready for post op
Don't panic you'll be fine x
Good luck x

It's not easy at all but it is only a short while and you would hate them to say they could not do your op and have to go through it all again
Stay focused it will pass soon then you'll be allowed on the losers bench good luck stay strong

Thanks Top Cat I will check. I need to ensure I get the correct vitamins etc so that it why Slimfast equivalents are suggested are recommended. slimfast have too many calories so Ultra slim (Tescos) is one suggestion. Like you say it is to get me ready for the op etc so just got to focus on the light at the end of the tunnel.

I don't believe you are allowed the meal replacement meals I think if you are doing meal replacement it has to be shakes or milk, however check.

The pre op isn't only about low calorie but also the amount of carbs you are eating. Carbs cause the liver to become hard and it needs to be floppy and shrink ready for the op.

Good luck, it definitley isn't by any means easy. I was a smoker as well and had to quit 2 weeks before the op so had both to contend with. You will want to chew your arm off but I promise you this stage is so so so worth it!!

Good luck hun you will be fine :)

good luck u can do it. im half way through my lsd. its hard but I dont want to cheet for the fear they will cancel surgery. its good motivation. take every day as it comes, u will be fine x

Thank you every body you have all been supportive which I think helps when you know you are not alone. Once again thanks for all your advice x

i focused on the end result,i had the bypass, and did the yoghurt and milk diet, i found it easy and hard if that makes sense, pace the drinks u should be ok, best of luck x

The meals I had, were protein based (soya) so not a carb issue. They are recommended diet meals, like lighter life etc. but it is what your provider says/insists!

Zxx

How's it going 1 week in? The LSD is really hard but you will get through it, just tick each and every day off as one day closer to surgery. Keep focussed on why you're doing it, it will make the surgery easier and less risky and will get you to your goal much quicker :)

Good luck with the rest of your time on lsd, may it pass quickly for you x

How are you getting on Xenia67? Is it getting easier? You're on the countdown now, one week to go! Xxx

I would like to say it is easier but I don't think it is, had to suffer people at work eating Burger King, and just come home and OH is eating chicken and leek pie, jacket potato.....just got to think this time next week......x

How's it going 1 week in? The LSD is really hard but you will get through it, just tick each and every day off as one day closer to surgery. Keep focussed on why you're doing it, it will make the surgery easier and less risky and will get you to your goal much quicker :) Good luck with the rest of your time on lsd, may it pass quickly for you x

Su2ie - thanks for asking - very hard still, yes you are right must stay focused. Just wish I could sleep for the remaining 7 days and wake up after op :) instead got to suffer the smell of lovely food aargh!

Back