• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lolly's getting a loopy bypass at SRH

Lollyowen

Wow I'm over the moon finally got to see the consultant today who said ((exact words mind you)) you're good to go!!!!! Chuffed to bits didn't know what to expect today as first time during journey having a one to one with a doctor so was a fab surprise to be told by Mr Schroeder funding all sorted and I'm approved was even given my endoscopy appointment for two weeks time!!!!!

Great news, looks like a new year and a new you.

I was so shocked I forgot to ask any questions like timescales etc haha never mind :) anyway you're very right 'loops' onwards and upwards for 2016 Xx

Grand news lolly :D

Huge congratulations - that's great news for you! :)

Brilliant news

Things just got very real, phone call from admissions op scheduled for two weeks time 20th January 2016 my new beginning :)

Omg!!! Fantastic news for the start of a life changing year....x x

Great news, so pleased you'll be joining the losers bench soon.

woo-hoo well done! It's all very real now and the time will fly by :)

Thanks everybody I had a little wobble after the phone call but am deffo looking forward to the end of this chapter and getting myself on the losers bench with all you lovely peeps I shall be in good company ((hugs to you all)) X

What surgery have you opted for

Do you know which Surgeon yet Lolly ? Do they know yet at work that you'll be coming into theatre as a patient instead of a nurse ?

I'm having a mini bypass by mr Schroeder I'm gonna have a word with my team leader tomorrow will be a bit weird dunno if I should have transferred elsewhere now :( I only qualified in September so have been working in the theatres at Sunderland for last four months so my WLS journey started well before I even applied for a job I am wondering which is best anonymity or knowing the people who are looking after me? I'm a bit worried about colleagues knowing and judging me and in particular sharing coffee room with my surgeon at lunch time in the future might make for interesting conversations haha I'm still the new girl and have big girl hang ups so haven't really made many proper mates yet I didn't go to the chrimbo party etc X

I'd stick with those you know. They won't judge you, this is their job and I am sure they will be supportive and professional.

Hi Cadbury, I'm not doing milk diet as i don't eat any dairy so I'm following the alternative diet been having an orange or grapes for breakfast, ham or tuna salad for lunch then salmon or chicken with veg for tea going ok so far although it is only day 2 for me haha ive been at work so I find it's easier to stick to it, how are you going? Hope you're finding it ok X

Back