• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lolly's getting a loopy bypass at SRH

Thanx nicci you may have a point it's just I'm quite a private, shy person and also new to the job and whilst I don't want to be known as the new fat girl I'm even less keen on being known as the new girl who had bypass surgery, it's too late now I think it will be common knowledge very soon so will just have to deal with it X

It will be more supportive for you once they know and you'll be much more help to patients X

Hi Cadbury, I'm not doing milk diet as i don't eat any dairy so I'm following the alternative diet been having an orange or grapes for breakfast, ham or tuna salad for lunch then salmon or chicken with veg for tea going ok so far although it is only day 2 for me haha ive been at work so I find it's easier to stick to it, how are you going? Hope you're finding it ok X

Hi, I'm day 6 now had to swap after day 4 from milk diet, became so ill couldn't tolerate all that milk, was only managing 21/2 - 3 pints if that. Spoke to the nurse as was up all night in pain and bringing up bile, awful . So am on the same diet as you lollyowen, feel better now. Got my pre op assessment tomorrow. I don't have to be on the ward until 12 noon the day of the op, so must be late pm. Will ask tomorrow. Keep munching your salad and veg, will be all worth it in the end , summer coming , catch up soon x

I've got my pre-op tomorrow as well!!!! I work at SRH so have already had a sneaky look and I'm first on the morning list so I have to be admitted night before im at work so I'm just planning on trapping round to the ward when I finish my shift haha
I've found this diet ok it's just like being on a extra easy slimming world day minus the syns, hopefully you will be ok now that you've switched well done you for even contemplating and trying the milk diet in the first place Xx

I've got my pre-op tomorrow as well!!!! I work at SRH so have already had a sneaky look and I'm first on the morning list so I have to be admitted night before im at work so I'm just planning on trapping round to the ward when I finish my shift haha I've found this diet ok it's just like being on a extra easy slimming world day minus the syns, hopefully you will be ok now that you've switched well done you for even contemplating and trying the milk diet in the first place Xx
It's good your first hope that's a perk of the job lol.
I know what u mean, about being a patient in the hospital u work in, I am an hca . Have also worked in theatres for a short time. But regarding being judged, your having the op for you , for your health, and at work it's an advantage you should have more energy etc. X this is the start of our new journey x

So the plan this weekend is to keep myself busy to avoid any weekend snacking haven't found lrd too bad whilst busy at work but weekends are normally my downfall anyway. I'm gonna take some dreaded before photos ((photos of me are few and far between hate, hate, hate the camera)) then I'm deffo gonna get tape measure out and record the inches to try to motivate myself if/when I hit a stall after the op
Happy Weekend peeps X

Was just thinking Lolly I might see you on Friday morning when you are being discharged, I have an 11.00 appointment for my follow up, lol. Different doors I know but you never know.

Not long know !!!

Not too much longer to wait for me now seems weird thinking ahead to discharge day, if you see me be sure to say hi, hope all goes well at your checkup although I'm sure having seen your results that they will be more than happy with your progress X

Oh what a lovely thought! It really is true, for me anyway, as I feel like a different woman both inside and out since my op.

You must be getting so excited as your day approaches. I remember how I felt a few days before surgery, so excited and desperate for it to happen but nervous at the same time. Four months later my only regret is that I didn't have surgery sooner, regretting missed opportunities and how different life could have been.

Be sure to let us know how it all goes :)
Very best of luck and welcome to the rest of your life.

Potter x

Thanks Potter I'm apprehensive but ready for this new stage im definitely looking forward to getting a bit more involved in life instead of forever being on the sidelines and purposefully excluding myself X

Oh I can so identify with what you are saying.

Before the op a lot of people warned me that losing the weight wouldn't be a magic wand and thin-ness doesn't equal happy-ness. And I agree with that. But I see it as not just about weight loss, it's about taking back control. I'm no longer a slave to food and that feels good :)

And on a practical level it's just physically easier to do things that would have been impossible before. I'm sure your self confidence will grow as the weight comes off. But also you'll have the inner strength from knowing you siezed the opportunity and had the courage to take this step. I am so excited for you :)

Potter x

I'm on the same page Im realistic and know that being thinner doesn't equal happier......... however I'm sure that by removing some physical obstacles this will allow me to be much more confident, for example I don't take up invites for nights out coz find choosing something to wear far too stressful can't buy clothes I like just buy what fits which aren't necessarily flattering so would just rather stay at home, also on a recent holiday a trip to a theme park was awful being unable to lower the barrier on a ride meant I didn't wanna try any of the other rides just in case as it was so embarrassing so I was stood alone whilst family queued and rode ride together without me X
Anyway no more negative thoughts I'm moving forward and ready to make the needed adjustments Xx

I'm on the same page Im realistic and know that being thinner doesn't equal happier......... however I'm sure that by removing some physical obstacles this will allow me to be much more confident, for example I don't take up invites for nights out coz find choosing something to wear far too stressful can't buy clothes I like just buy what fits which aren't necessarily flattering so would just rather stay at home, also on a recent holiday a trip to a theme park was awful being unable to lower the barrier on a ride meant I didn't wanna try any of the other rides just in case as it was so embarrassing so I was stood alone whilst family queued and rode ride together without me X Anyway no more negative thoughts I'm moving forward and ready to make the needed adjustments Xx

I can relate to the above, I was so embarrassed 2 years ago when I had to walk away from the ride with all these people looking at me, will definately be going to a theme park this summer. Can't wait to get my dancing shoes back on too X

lots of luck Lolly, it'll be over soon, number one tip move around as much as possibkle it helps move the wind.

Good luck x

Thank you for your kind thoughts and tips I'm planning on being up and about as soon as coz I've discovered these beds are not comfy haha here's to joining the exclusive mini club X

Back