• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lolly's getting a loopy bypass at SRH

I'm first on the list so currently sat here in my very glamorous gown and surgical stockings just waiting for my new chapter, I've had a bit of the colly wobbles overnight/this morning but know that's completely normal will update when I'm on the other side X

I'm first on the list so currently sat here in my very glamorous gown and surgical stockings just waiting for my new chapter, I've had a bit of the colly wobbles overnight/this morning but know that's completely normal will update when I'm on the other side X

Good luck lolly, my turn tomorrow arrrgh xx

Good luck Lolly, by the time you see this your op will be all done. Hope all went well and you are feeling comfortable.

Welcome to the losers bench :)

Potter x

Well I'm all done now I'm home tucked up in my own bed with hot water bottle and a cup of tea time to make full use of my new tool :) was told to go straight onto purée consistency for next 4 weeks which was unexpected thought I'd be on fluids for a couple of weeks first..... so sloppy porridge, yoghurt and soup it is then and lots of learning what's my new normal X

Glad your ok and home. Good luck in future and take it easy x x

That's exactly the same instructions I got Lolly, Glad everything went to plan.

How's it going Lolly? Are you getting past the initial shock to the system.

Hi loops thanks for asking, omg I thought I knew what I was getting myself into but have had some serious regrets so far, it has really shocked me how low I've felt plus the fact I think I've been run over by a truck in that theatre haha
I'm wishing my purée life away though wish I could fast forward 4 weeks and be starting normal food
I'm hoping the euphoria everyone speaks of kicks in soon, struggling a bit but I'm determined to pick myself back up and be positive
Much respect to all post op bypassers X

Hi loops thanks for asking, omg I thought I knew what I was getting myself into but have had some serious regrets so far, it has really shocked me how low I've felt plus the fact I think I've been run over by a truck in that theatre haha I'm wishing my purée life away though wish I could fast forward 4 weeks and be starting normal food I'm hoping the euphoria everyone speaks of kicks in soon, struggling a bit but I'm determined to pick myself back up and be positive Much respect to all post op bypassers X

I'm so sorry to here your having a bad time of it, keep strong, and I hope the thoughts of regret are short lived and turn to positive soon . Thinking of you. Take care xx

You'll be fine Lolly, its a big adjustment but so worth it, all you need to concentrate on is fluids, exercise and fluids oh and don't forget the fluids.

Once you see the numbers on the scales dropping you will so.on cheer up, haha. Chin Up

Hi Lolly. Sorry to hear you're feeling a bit low. All I can say is I think that feeling's quite normal especially soon after the op. Carry on as you are doing and I'm sure you'll feel loads better soon. I felt exactly the same for a couple of weeks after the op. Physically I was fine and had no pain, but my head was a mess. After relying on food for 50 years it was such a shock to the system and it seemed too extreme to go from enjoying food so much to living on liquids and puree. I felt lost as my whole routine had to change as such a lot of my life revolved round either preparing food, eating food or planning food.

It really does get better! The time will soon go by and before long you'll be able to transition to more normal meals, and get more used to a new way of thinking about food. Now my only regret is that I didn't have a bypass sooner and I'm sure it won't be too long before you can see the benefits and highs this journey can bring.

Take care
Potter x

What foods are you making into purée?

Beep I've been having sloppy porridge, pea and ham soup, tomato and lentil soup, mash and gravy, skyr yoghurt, slim a soups, laughing cow cheese triangles, Can't face blending a meal into baby mush but I'm always open to any suggestions or ideas anybody may have, Cheers X

I hope you start feeling better about your bypass soon, Lolly. I can't imagine how hard it is sticking to the liquid/purée stages. I'm having a hard time sticking to a normal diet on tier 3. On the bright side I'm sure 4 weeks will fly by like time tends to do these days. I'm sure, like everyone says, when you see the pounds dropping it will all be worth it! Good luck :) x

No added sugar custard and home done skinless baked apple....helped with this stage. std breadsticks, low fat pate and homemade salmon pate are amazing also at this stage. Homemade Quorn mince cottage pie, I cooked a little onion in water added stock cube, carrot and peas and overcooked them then blended to make a sauce before adding the Quorn and cooking off.

Back