• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

looking for some ideas on cooking, lol

Lol....Johnny was her hubby and she used to boss him about all the time! I dont know if he was always on the show as I cant really remember it well, I just know my Mum always used to say.......aw poor Johnny !! :D XX

dont you remember her eye brows? - they must av been pencilled on because they were half way up her forehead, lol

lol at elsie eyebrows - bet she looks a r8 fanny dont she - hahahahaha, lol

ok then so went and did a little bit of xmas shopping last night at asda and i picked this duck up - asdas extra special range and it was only £5 so i grabbed it - anyway, how do i cook it? ive read to rub salt and pepper in it and cook it on a rack over an roasting tray so it doesnt sit in its own fat and poke the skin/fat so it allows the fat to run out, but what about marinating it? any ideas?

and its got giblets.... oh nooooo! lol

Lol....remove the giblets! I wouldnt marinate it to be honest as duck has a lovely flavour of its own. Id cook it just as you said, leave it to let the skin go nice and crispy and it should be lovely :D XX

I always cheat and buy the posh turkey roast joints rather than a whole real bird - theyre always moist and there's no messing around with giblets etc
So sue me, I like an easy life! lol :)

me too, lol i didnt mess with the giblets i binned em, cut most of the fat from round the edged washed it rubed salt and pepper all over tied its legs up and banged it in the oven on my grill pan heres what it looks like so far!
i dont like the smell of it tho me its putting me of it to be honest - got veggies to go with it but OMG! look at all the fat thatcomes out of it - not good! its propper dripping out and thats after only being in the oven 20 mins too.

picture will follow - gunna try upload it of my iphone xxx

Roast duck

Attachments

• image-2520256590.jpg
    image-2520256590.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 19
thanks jacwui xx
well the juices are running clear but the skin isnt crispy.. should i take it as done or should i leave it in a little longer and hope the skin goes crispy?????

Reactions: Bev
done - eeeeeekkk! only time will tell, poor duck! haha

Keeley you make me laugh!Fanny Craddock was badly burnt and had to draw her eyebrows on poor love,She was very bossy but had a soft side too,her hubby Johnny helped on the earlier shows,he was more of a fanny than her!I used to watch her with my mum when i was younger.Anyone remember Phillip Harben and Graham Kerr? 60s/70s cooks.

I've never heard of them lol, I'm gettin right into this cooking me lately.

Thanks kitkat, it was delicious, left it in another 15-20 mins and the skin was crispy, hubby cut it into slices with the skin and hmmmmmmmm delush......I'm stuffed xxx

Lol Stephen says 1 duck isn't enough tho, he recons you need 1 each, hahaha xxxx

Back