• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Magicbean's journey to slim-town...

aww thanks piratess...ur a major support urself xx

keep popping on here as am getting a tad nervous and wana stuff myself on junk to calm nerves - mindless eating!... doh!! nope will come here instead. the SF is really filling..im mega shocked a drink can keep u full....well guess its only been one and half hours! haha.

gardner is here, so thats also been done. done all the washing. iron it all when dry and then do the boys bedding as well. going mad with the housework.

parents having a few financial woes so they are stressed and i feel bad leaving the kids with them tomorrow and friday when hubby has to collect me. guess i gotta be selfish and just accept it.

right gotta pay my gardner xx

good luck for tomorrow hope it all goes well for you...

Ill be thinking of you tomorrow hun. I hope all goes well for you.
I didnt take a shower after the op, i didnt take one for almost 5 days after the op!
Cant wait for you to start your journey too as im sure we will be a great help to each other.

Big Hugs

xx

aww miss hungry what a fabtastic post. i can realte so much to the 'saying no to everything'. weight does hold us back from normal stuff and im so glad u said the band makes a mental difference as well. re: paintballing, id be EXACLTY the same as u.....no way would i go because id be too unfit and more then anything i prob wouldnt fit anything and be laughed at. but we are making changes and are gonna enjoy life now cos each day we get slimmer and more confident!

really excited now after reading ur post...was getting a bit worried id flop!

oh and shes bang!! haha love it :)

had one of neen's Slim fasts! scrumm! but the blender didnt mush up all my ice??? one more meal tonight ....got 300kcal left and then a shake in the morning and then surgery!! this time tomorrow i should be a bandit....and the really weird part is im so looking forward to a night in hospital away from the kids! haha how bad is that, but i can SLEEEEEEEEEEP! im alll ready to have a few hours of undisturbed sleep :p oh and a 8grand band!!
Good luck Magic, I'm excited for you! btw, I must try one of Neens slimfasts.
speak to you soon xxxxxxx:17729:

Good luck sweet hope all goes well.
Just had mine done on Monday & was able to shower when I got home as long as l used waterproof plasters.
Keep strong no naughties.
Keep us updated on how you go Hun xx

Good luck, good luck, good luck!!
Looking forward to hearing how it went after the big event!
Xx

Good luck Magic!
If your glued you can shower the next morning! Look forward to hearing from you ;) x

Good luck for tomorrow Magic, I'll be thinking of you and looking forward to seeing your posts as soon as you feel up to it afterwards. xx

Good Luck for tomorrow Magic, I have really enjoyed reading your posts and look forward to reading more of them x

Good luck for tomorrow, not that you need it, dont forget to check in when you can to let us know you need your space on the losers bench xx

thanks all. ur support is fantastic.

i put up a thread as i just arrived home almost 24hrs since start of my op and oh my days am in severe pain. it hurts so so so bad. reading others diaries and everyone seems to have coped better. might nit have been a good idea doing single incision??

Ive heard of it but your the first person i know who has had it.

Whichever way you look at, several instruments need to go inside of you in order to place the band securley.

Keep resting hun.

healthier weight only do single incision in london here. got one big plaster on :)

So i had my op ydy.... got up at 6am, had 2 choc weetabix. then had water at 8.15am. ran around like a nutter ironing and cleaning up. got kids ready and dropped them to mums. got the train and tube to King Edwards in Paddington...walking past ppl queing up for 2hours just ti buy tickets to get into madam tussauds! madness!! they were eating scrummy foods...ooh the smells!! anyways got to hosp and was very snobby place and i was like CRAP i feel mega uncomfortable here...went to see eome woman whi 'checked me in' saying, ok so u r booked in for one night (errm yes?!) and then she called the porter down who took my bags and then when he got to my room he starting overlery flaffing...ie give me a tip...which i was in no mood for.... this op is costing me 8grand, jog on!

anyways he left and it hit me like a ton of bricks cos the room is a hospital room!! crikey!! felt more comfortable being out of the snobby bit. then my lovely nurse came in. she was kinda big herself and was funny talking to her about being big. then some guy came in took bloods. then the anesthesist came in and then the surgeon whi was very nice....there were only 2 on the list and i was second. so i slipped into the huge gown which was falling off me (felt skinny!) and waited from 3pm. at 4pm a nurse came and told me to walk with her ...we took the lift and i went upstairs, she pointed out the recovery room which gave me a mild heart attack as the realisation started to creep in!

i got into anasthietic/prep area and there were 2 blokes who told me to get on the bed and then they started attaching bits and tking BP. the other surgery was finsihing up as i could seeheads bobbing about in the other room....cue second hear attack!! then the anasthetic guy appeared from nowhere, he stuck a canula in and then added stuff and it was night night!!

apparently they started on me at 4.30 and i was out by 5.20. i rmbr dozing in and out in recovery and been given morphine. then was wheeled back down and on oxygen. was taken of all that around 8 and was given my milkshake which i took a few sips of. then the nurse came in with paracetamol which o took but felt really unwell. my BP had fallen so she stuck me back on oxygen for 3 hours. i still felt woozy and lught headed and she checked my sugars which were elveated. the doc later told me it was due to stress. i had a sleep and at 3am i called the nurse to help me with going for a wee. she also helped me get dressed and then i slep till breky on and off. breky was milkshake/soup and hot choc. i had some soup and milk shake. not much. drank water mostly.

hubby came to collect me and i helped me pack. got home and the kids were waiting and expecting me to have brought back a baby from the hospital!!! bless them! anyways no baby kids!!

been in agonisng pain (as u knw from my other thread) but im glad its kinda normal and that it will get better. stomach kills at wound site and shoulderS both hurt.

its a rough, tough road.

Sounds very similar to my experience but WOW you were in theatre a long time. I was there for less than 20 minutes in theater but i suppose yours would take longer with thme only going in through 1 hole.
Really hope you feel a little bit better today xx

Well done Magic, hope you feel better really quickly! I know a couple of days after my op. I felt quite weepy and was wondering what the heck I'd done to myself and maybe I even regretted it for a while. However these feelings passed after a couple of days and then there were no regrets at all. You may not have these down moments, everyone's different after all, but if you do I think it's quite normal! Anyway hun, wishing you a speedy recovery and a lovely weight loss xx

Thanks mel...u r doing so fab urself (just read ur diary entry about getting into an 18!!)

So yesterday was horribly windy, but today was better. still windy but am defo able to stand upright ...yay. still feel lightheaded. mum made me some milk yesterday with turmeric and some other indian spice in it that helps get rid of wind (she made it for me post labour!!) so i had that sieved out. turmeric has healing properties as well.... anyways mum did put sugar in it and all but not overlery bothered..want the weight loss, but want the recovery as well. and i found i was able to 'release wind'; after!! sorry TMI. have been burping today which is painful but nice. trying to move around a bit more but site is a little sore now. so gonna take it a bit easier. still very windy and have to keep the heat patches on shoulder

apparently hubby can see a difference which is nice... had enough of feeling like id always be wearing the fat suit! hopefully on the way to getting into some normal clothes!

site is a little itchy today..when i was undressing looked at how much iodine was all over me ... bit like id been tango'd!

getting muchos sick of liquid diet. meant to be on it for 3 weeks.... arrrrrgh!!

Magic your doing so well :) I love popping in and checking up on you, Ive not had surgery yet but want the band so will be keeping tabs on the new banders to see what it all involves pre op and post op recovery etc :)

xxx so glad your wind is moving :)

Back