• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Magicbean's journey to slim-town...

Hi guys! sorry was mid way through an entry ydy but dad came over and got distracted.

So the shoulder pain is virtually gone..hurray! still windy though but its a lot more bearable. ydy was day 4 so i changed my dressing. but above my stitches is some kind of steribandages.... not sure if im meant to peel them off or leave them. did just put another dressing on top of them. got hubby to do all this as im a big woos. when i saw one of the stitches i felt so unwell!! seriously sick and lightheaded! also might be due to the slimfast which i drank a bit quickly. had a hungry day ydy, but didnt manage much though. tried slimfast in the morning but chucked half as it was gross. tried it in the evening and again only drank half (but a bit quick) ...i lurrve choc slimfast but have gone so off it. makes me hurl the thought of it...so weird!

im so sick of the liquid diet as well :( its dull! i dont like yoghurts, soups are boring and i want to chew! want a chicken kebab so badly. was so difficult ydy when the kids had fish fingers and i couldnt hoover up the calorie free :)p) leftovers...and then spag bol....om nom nom...looked divine!!

having hot choc for breky...not the low cal one as im sick of saccarine! normal cadburys nom nom one....my caLORIE intake is so low it doesnt really matter i figure, plus im being naughty and checking my weight every day and it is coming down slowly..woop!

did a tesco shop last night for today, got prune juice and senakot arriving today...joy! haha... did manage a number 2..but was fairly constipated. so will try these things.

so far clothes wise things are still tight, just my face has come down...but im sure things will get better. spoke to bariatric nurse and she said that when i go onto mushies expect my weight to plateau! oh no!! oh well....first fill was meant to be 3rd june, but the kids are on half term so i asked for the week after, whish means 10th june. its not done with xray. instead they stick the needle in the port and make u sit up and drink water until u feel u have adequate restriction. weird!!

have review with bariatric nurse in london on 10th may (i think i got one of these dates wrong, will check calendar later!) just to see how things are going, will be on mushies that week (FINALLY!!!!)

still am feeling really light headed in general and not right. glad its the holidays so can get rest. although friends have decided to keep calling and texting this holiday to catch up and do stuff!! so annoying. did speak to one saying youngest poorly and i not well. will have to text sorry as they are meeting up in the park today and havent got the energy.... arrgh...keeping the band quiet is hard work but its gotta be done. in the asian community especially its still seen as not normal...and a few of them are asians, and then its always the way that news like that spreads like wildfire! just my face has shrunk so i doubt anyone will notice, if they do i just say i was in a diet then got unwell now sticking to diet!!

Hi guys! sorry was mid way through an entry ydy but dad came over and got distracted.

So the shoulder pain is virtually gone..hurray! still windy though but its a lot more bearable. ydy was day 4 so i changed my dressing. but above my stitches is some kind of steribandages.... not sure if im meant to peel them off or leave them. did just put another dressing on top of them. got hubby to do all this as im a big woos. when i saw one of the stitches i felt so unwell!! seriously sick and lightheaded! also might be due to the slimfast which i drank a bit quickly. had a hungry day ydy, but didnt manage much though. tried slimfast in the morning but chucked half as it was gross. tried it in the evening and again only drank half (but a bit quick) ...i lurrve choc slimfast but have gone so off it. makes me hurl the thought of it...so weird!

im so sick of the liquid diet as well :( its dull! i dont like yoghurts, soups are boring and i want to chew! want a chicken kebab so badly. was so difficult ydy when the kids had fish fingers and i couldnt hoover up the calorie free :)p) leftovers...and then spag bol....om nom nom...looked divine!!

having hot choc for breky...not the low cal one as im sick of saccarine! normal cadburys nom nom one....my caLORIE intake is so low it doesnt really matter i figure, plus im being naughty and checking my weight every day and it is coming down slowly..woop!

did a tesco shop last night for today, got prune juice and senakot arriving today...joy! haha... did manage a number 2..but was fairly constipated. so will try these things.

so far clothes wise things are still tight, just my face has come down...but im sure things will get better. spoke to bariatric nurse and she said that when i go onto mushies expect my weight to plateau! oh no!! oh well....first fill was meant to be 3rd june, but the kids are on half term so i asked for the week after, whish means 10th june. its not done with xray. instead they stick the needle in the port and make u sit up and drink water until u feel u have adequate restriction. weird!!

have review with bariatric nurse in london on 10th may (i think i got one of these dates wrong, will check calendar later!) just to see how things are going, will be on mushies that week (FINALLY!!!!)

still am feeling really light headed in general and not right. glad its the holidays so can get rest. although friends have decided to keep calling and texting this holiday to catch up and do stuff!! so annoying. did speak to one saying youngest poorly and i not well. will have to text sorry as they are meeting up in the park today and havent got the energy.... arrgh...keeping the band quiet is hard work but its gotta be done. in the asian community especially its still seen as not normal...and a few of them are asians, and then its always the way that news like that spreads like wildfire! just my face has shrunk so i doubt anyone will notice, if they do i just say i was in a diet then got unwell now sticking to diet!!
You do write very readable posts magic. I'm glad that picking at the kids food is calorie free as I've just eaten 3 jelly sweets! (yum yum) :17729:
I'm so glad you are feeling a bit better. I felt dizzy and tired for about a week, which I hated. Feeling dizzy is the pits.
I couldn't wait to start on mushies, but when the day came I didn't know what to eat and felt a bit scared! Then I v.quickly got over that and started eating. My big worry was that once I went on to solid food I wouldn't be able to stop eating. And I do find it hard to stop, but Iam having my one month late first fill on thursday, so hopefully that will help.
Oh and...my number 2's went back to normal after a few weeks! :happy096:

ahhh thanks karen....and u write very helpful posts!

im exactly like that, hate the liquids am desperate for FOOD! but i reckon once i start i will eat like a maniac and i worry i will never really shift the weight. i reckon i will pile it all back on when i come off liquids. am annoyed and tired. my tounge has gone nasty white, its gross. also gone a nasty shade of yellow and feeling shattered. stitches have been sore today .... regretting it a little bit today but then i know i couldnt do it on another DIET.

meh...feeling a bit lost and fed up...clothes are still snug and i just look a state and feel a state. oh my face is slimmer...joy...like that doesnt happen in the first few dates of every diet i do!

Hey Magic :) ... i cant advice as havnt had surgery, this yellowy thing is most odd ...
Maybe ring docs? i know somtimes can be liver .. but i say if in doubt ring maybe even your provider where you had surgery?
i do however know the furry tongue had that all the way through doing the cambridge diet .. just brushed teeth alot and used one of those toungue cleaners .

Hope you feel a bit brighter tomorow :) xxx

keep it up MB will be joining your team next week

thanks piratess..never had the guts to do cambridge diet...how did u survive with no food??!! yes have been brushing tounge loads and told hubby to pick up a tongue cleaner from work today. will ring nurse today and ask her i reckon.

maura....eek!! countdown is on!

Hi MB,

Glad to see you are on the mend and healing well.
Just out of curiosity where is your port located? 5 incision banders, its on my mid-drift just below my left boob, but as you are 1 incision, is it in the same place as mine or by your belly button?

let me draw u a diagram....cos im bored:

Untitled-6.png

ok.... i wish i was that skinny....more like the flab bulges over the bra bit. hair looks a mess and i lied....evans shoes arent sexy. sorry. anyways incision is between boobs and belly button and according to the bariatric nurses the port is to the bottom right of the incision.... will find out soon i guess....defo cant feel it. they said they try put it in the middle more as when u lose weight (oh to dream!) u always have a layer of flab around ur middle...so its the best place apparently?!

So today i had an appt with doc as husband said i was yellow and she thought that was a kidney problem. doc didnt think i looked yellow but told me to have bloods done anyways...which i prob wont get to do till tues... i cba...so bad right..but if he didnt think im yellow then whats the point. have been brushing my tounge like a maniac as well since i acquired a new plush white carpet....muchos GROSS!

So still on the BORRRRRING liquid bit...only plus side is u lose a lot of weight on it. i dread to think what ill be like when on mushies/food. like a normal diet cycle...starve then go mad.... will i resist?!? i hope so!

shoulder pain has flared up since last night when i took a senakot tablet. baaaaaaad idea! got mega stuck. luck i got this forum. Chaching is a sweetheart and told me to drink something hot. so ordered a lush hot choc which did help. senakot did sod all if u are wondering.

band is still a little sore.... generally i do FEEL it...iykwim. its early days so i guess thats why. was saying to GP today that still feel tired and lightheaded, and he was like yeah well u might have a small incsion but u have had major surgery and it will take 3-6months to recover. he then incorrectly showed me what had happened to me (he drew a stomach -that he got right! but he placed the band right in the middle!! silly doctor!!)

feeling a bit happier today.... as tried on some indian clothes i wear to my inlaws on the weekends and boy was i struggling with them (no evans in the indian clothes market....u just get them stitched to ur size but i was depressed with my size so wasnt buying anything new.... whatever u buy new when u r big still looks crap!)...anyways was a tad less snug! hurrah!!!

saw someone i saw about a year ago....she said i looked bigger!! haha...any other time id be so sad but i genuinely laughed it off! so weird having the band u feel like...its cool im gonna lose the weight so i can laugh at my OLD fat self....even though im still fat! weird!

one week tomorrow...2 weeks till normality and chewing can start beginning!!

Fabulous diagram! Laughed lots! X

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

diagrams keep me from dreaming about eating crisps!!

Phileas Fogg i miss u...but we must part for it was not sexy....and sexy i must be (a la white tounge/stinky breath and constipation!)

Hahaha! You're hilarious.

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

let me draw u a diagram....cos im bored:

Untitled-6.png

ok.... i wish i was that skinny....more like the flab bulges over the bra bit. hair looks a mess and i lied....evans shoes arent sexy. sorry. anyways incision is between boobs and belly button and according to the bariatric nurses the port is to the bottom right of the incision.... will find out soon i guess....defo cant feel it. they said they try put it in the middle more as when u lose weight (oh to dream!) u always have a layer of flab around ur middle...so its the best place apparently?!

So today i had an appt with doc as husband said i was yellow and she thought that was a kidney problem. doc didnt think i looked yellow but told me to have bloods done anyways...which i prob wont get to do till tues... i cba...so bad right..but if he didnt think im yellow then whats the point. have been brushing my tounge like a maniac as well since i acquired a new plush white carpet....muchos GROSS!

So still on the BORRRRRING liquid bit...only plus side is u lose a lot of weight on it. i dread to think what ill be like when on mushies/food. like a normal diet cycle...starve then go mad.... will i resist?!? i hope so!

shoulder pain has flared up since last night when i took a senakot tablet. baaaaaaad idea! got mega stuck. luck i got this forum. Chaching is a sweetheart and told me to drink something hot. so ordered a lush hot choc which did help. senakot did sod all if u are wondering.

band is still a little sore.... generally i do FEEL it...iykwim. its early days so i guess thats why. was saying to GP today that still feel tired and lightheaded, and he was like yeah well u might have a small incsion but u have had major surgery and it will take 3-6months to recover. he then incorrectly showed me what had happened to me (he drew a stomach -that he got right! but he placed the band right in the middle!! silly doctor!!)

feeling a bit happier today.... as tried on some indian clothes i wear to my inlaws on the weekends and boy was i struggling with them (no evans in the indian clothes market....u just get them stitched to ur size but i was depressed with my size so wasnt buying anything new.... whatever u buy new when u r big still looks crap!)...anyways was a tad less snug! hurrah!!!

saw someone i saw about a year ago....she said i looked bigger!! haha...any other time id be so sad but i genuinely laughed it off! so weird having the band u feel like...its cool im gonna lose the weight so i can laugh at my OLD fat self....even though im still fat! weird!

one week tomorrow...2 weeks till normality and chewing can start beginning!!
LOVE the diagram! Did you go to art school? heehee!
Know what you mean about the old fat self. Iam letting people take pics of me now instead of running a mile or grabbing one of my boys to place in front of me to hide of much of my body as poss!
I went to the shops yesterday to hopefully get a new top or 2. I hate my current clothes and I've gone down a size and a bit.
I went in all the clothes shops instead of just Evans and New look.
NOTHING!!! I didn't like a thing. I don't like sleeveless or eighties style (been there done that) (got the T-shirt!)
The only clothes that I liked where Fatface, but they didn't seem to have anything over an 18. BOOOOO!
Got me fill today. Pooing myself about the drive, last time we got sooooo lost in Bristol city centre, it was a stressfull nightmare. AND the appointment is at rush hour! Just want to get it over and done with, not even thinking about the actual fill.
Hey, I'm 30lbs down now, am over the ruddy moon. Although, I must confess.....I lost control with my mums rhubarb crumble yesterday. V.ashamed.
xxxx

ahhh thanks karen....and u write very helpful posts!

im exactly like that, hate the liquids am desperate for FOOD! but i reckon once i start i will eat like a maniac and i worry i will never really shift the weight. i reckon i will pile it all back on when i come off liquids. am annoyed and tired. my tounge has gone nasty white, its gross. also gone a nasty shade of yellow and feeling shattered. stitches have been sore today .... regretting it a little bit today but then i know i couldnt do it on another DIET.

meh...feeling a bit lost and fed up...clothes are still snug and i just look a state and feel a state. oh my face is slimmer...joy...like that doesnt happen in the first few dates of every diet i do!
I also have a white shagpile on my tongue....lush.
Didn't realise it was diet related. Keep trying to brush my tongue with very retchy results!

hey Karen! woop woop on 30lbs! thats AMAZING! a size and a bit down as well. wow....u must be over the moon...well over the moon till the stupid fill. just read ur thread..how annoying to not get it after all that stress :( do hope they sort it asap and u can get on with the amazing weight loss....even with ur mums rhubarb crumble! mums cooking is the best!

lols...yes...hiding from the camera/hiding behind kids...i do it as well! ooh ive never been inside fatface...and 80s style defo a no no for me.... did get the simply be catalouge yesterday but didnt like any of the overpriced stuff they had in there. i do like the gym stuff though. be glad to see the back of these

literally right now my tummy aches....just to the right of my incsion...where they said the port is....i think...really feels like i suddenly pulled a stitch?!

gonna abandon this entry today sorry guys.... gonna lay down x

Hi MB,

Love the picture, its ace!
Glad you are feeling a bit better but yes i struggled with the furry tongue, you will be pleased to hear that it goes when you start mushies but be warned....dont drink too much coffee or blackcurrant or it turns black / brown.

lolz! glad im not into coffee or blackcurrant then! cant wait to dig my teeth into something mushy...although am loving seeing the scales go down with this stupid liquid diet!!

so my injection thingy really hurts today as hubby didnt get a good handful of my mounds of flab! im hating those injections.... am quite bad as dont always wear those stocking either...i do but like 70% of the day.... get fed up with them! am feeling a lil peckish today.... how weird.

clothes are still snug..as belly refuses to lose any flab but hubby said he can see arms have come down and my watch strap has gone down one notch.... my tummy is the worst bit about me...big time apple shape which is really bad for u as its all on my organs... guess it will be the last to go...think my bum isnt as monstrous as it used to be... defo going in the right direction, even if ppl cant see much.... feeling quite positive about Russell (band) today. With the sun out im not like, cack what am i gonna wear to school in this heat... im gonna look awful sweating away. i mean yes i will still, but i]defo on the right road.... yay!!

Tummy is making noises as i type...down boy!

so i have been itching LOADS....all over my abdomen and my boobs as well! it got unbearable today so i rang the emergency helpline and the nurse told me to take the dressing off today as some ppl react to it....reaction has been getting worse each day. still gotta take piriton (got syrup) as am mega itchy...but that means i could have a proper shower today!! felt ace! got ready, put lippy on and just feel good ...YAY showers.... love them!

Tomorrow is banders weigh day.... am hoping for a good one (as i check daily anyways)..but u never know what tomorrow will say....defo wana say bye bye to the 15s and get cracking into demolishing the 14s...

have a good easter weekend all x

I'm very glad I didn't have to do injections. Why do some people have to them and others not I wonder?
lol at Russell Band reminds me of our apple corer device that we call Derek acorer! And when at the seaside my silly man always says "look, there's steven.....steven seagull (segal) We are sooo funny in my house!
good luck for tomorrows weigh in xxx

hahaha!! they made me chuckle!!

So im here posting mega late as im itching super bad. even though i took the dressing off my abdomen is ITCHY! i cant sleep even though ive euraxed it and been taking piriton regularly...even rand NHS direct as its s unbearable but they were busy so didnt wana bother them. put some deep freeze patches over the itchy bits... some relief....

ooh i blended a choc weetabix with hot milk today and then sieved it through...was scrummmy!!! chucked in some protein powder for good measure as well. also had lactulose today.

went asda today and bought some chewy multivits as the dissolvable ones are NASTY! im so rubbish i could bearly walk around the place. got tired and my incicsion felt sore :(

am still itchy guys so im gonna google it now!!

Hey ladies and lads!

Well today we went to see our new house ...its the showhome and looked divine...think we will need to spend a small fortune and buy the stuff they got in there!

diet wise got a lot of comments today as had a dress thing on and my Dior Sunglasses... we is getting there people! I bought these sunglasses in xmas sales from £200 to £60!! but i said im not allowed to wear them till im in the 14s! which i was!! yay....when ig et into the 13s i can get back into my engagment ring...so thats gonna be my lil treat..BLING BLING!!!

had a hungry day today; weetabix blended...... slim fast, innoccent smoothie, cup a soup and half mug of hot choc.actually thats not a lot .... im surprised at how much better im doing at not picking/wanting real food! think the compliments help!!

so we got a big family BBQ at my inlaws on monday....and obviously i havent told them. i didnt go round to see them today (saturday ritual) as tired....so hubby took the kids and i stayed in and watched Harry Potter on Sky Box Office! woop!! anyways whilst he was there they were saying, oh we know ur wife is a fussy BBQ person so we are geting her chicken breast special for her bla bla...so hubby was like no no, she really isnt well and wont eat a thing. she'll turn up but she really cant eat. hope it works ....im kinda dreading it as when u go to events and make a fuss ppl seem to focus more on u and become more determined to feed u!!

anyways its late and i should turn in...but cba...how stupid is that!

Back