• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Banded today-5/11/11-the beginning.

crazycatlady

So here I am. In Dolan Park Hospital 8 hours post op. Turned 29 on 'the 1st nov and decided a few months ago that I could live like this anymore. No longer putting on make up-wearing maxi dresses and dreading looking in the wardrobe. I used to be a keen gym goer but scared to go now. Secret eating anytime I'm alone and lying to myself and everyone close to me.

I have lost weight on lighter life and learnt some important lessons. I'm very grateful to them. But I can't cope with regular food. Like eating till it hurts then lying in bed with cats dissociating. Like a heroin addict I'm musing?

I'm 14st 7. Bmi 34. Would like to get down to 9stby July 2012. And stay there. No yo-yo dieting. No marking events in my life with my size and no jokes from people wondering what size I'll be next time they see me' or what diet I'll be on this time. I miss my gym and I want a life with a family that don't inherit or see my problems.

Getting married July 2013. That's my goal-to be stable weight wise. I haven't told anyone except my fiancé, little brother and best friend. Told everyone else I have a gastric ulcer and will need a scope. My family can be difficult. More about that one day I hope.

Dolan park is lovely. Everyone is professional and kind. Better mention I'm a doctor too-but they haven't played on it and I haven't gone out my way to tell people.

I can do this. It's an expensive choice and I'm having to do extra work and shifts to keep afloat but I'm proud of myself today.

No pizza with xfactor-this is going to be interesting!

wishing you all the luck in the world cat lady :) xxx

I can totally related to this. But 3 weeks post op I have no regrets. U ll feel full on barely a quarter of u used to have and that feeling of fullness and been satisfied kill any cravings I used to have... if I stay like this for ever ( wish I hope the band ll help me) I ll be the happiest woman :) good luck and keep us updated

Home now back to sunny Glasgow! In bed-didn't realise indeed how tired I'd be. Took an hour to drink a cup
Of tea! Going to rest up for the day with painkillers and cats! Started burping-yeaah!

Good i was there the day before Hun, hope your feeling ok, I was in a lot of pain yesterday so hopefully today will be much better for me. Take care x

Hey sue-were u banded day before me'? I've buckled and taken tomorrow and Thursday off work. Feel guilty as it's kind of my doing and I've been telling people I've got an ulcer. In a lot of pain. I'm hungry tho-feeling weak on the fluids. Are u a bit better today? Xxx

Hi yeah day before you, I know wat you mean I am so weak on the fluids, I am feeling hungry today too, a lot better today just had my first poo and it killed me, 25 mins on the loo so for too much info just been honest... When you said you were going back so early I thought waaaat??? Wat you eating in a day Hun??? X

I'm waiting for my poo!! No such thing as too much information! Have only had a few glasses of juice and milk so far. Today a glass of milk. I'd read somewhere that you could have soft foods day three like porridge or mash potato-'slider food'-don't want a lot of it-just not liquid shakes and soups! I'm feeling much better not pressurising myself to go back. Xx

Good I have had the following
1 muller light
1 glass smoothie
1 small cup of oxtail soup
Water
And gonna have slim fast later x

Enjoying this feeling of being full, sipping slowly and tasting things. Feel bad for lying to folk but I want this to be my thing for me to get used to. I'd like the wound pain to go away-its just the site under my left breast and I have a sharp pain when I breathe in or laugh. Hope this goes soon. OH has been such a gem-really supportive. As have my cats! Lucky to have them. Lost 5lbs since sat so far!

:party0011:Hiya!
Its good to read all this - I have my band done next wednesday! I am due back at work on the monday but I only work 5.5 hours in an office per day so hope i will be ok!
How did you feel straight from surgery? I'm having mine in Belgium and coming back on the Eurostar Friday morning - Don't suppose its much different from being in the car for a journey?! Hope not any how!
Anyways....Well done on your ops and here's to a super skinny(er) future!:party0048:

Hey bex-good luck babe! I felt great straight after but day 2-3 hit me. I got the train bk from Birmingham to Glasgow and was fine. Just keep drinking I think cos I didn't and quickly flagged. The pain is annoying me' but I've been off painkillers for the last 48 hours now. Good luck mrs and don't look back-even if you feel crap. I can see the light already! Xxx

Felt well enough to tidy up my neglected wardrobe. Underestimated the emotional impact it would have on me' though. Going through all my lovely size 12 dresses and feeling the pain in my side made me realise how much I'd let myself go. I can remember wearing each of those outfits with pride-matching shoes and a gave full of make up. That slowly slipped away about 18 months ago. I'm scared this band won't work-that I'll sabotage it like sabotaging everything else everytime I've lost weight. I went for the band so I could lose and maintain-and not have to worry everytime I look at my clothes and wonder if they will fit. Brought a lot of memories up today.

It will work for you sweet, and before you know it you will be in those lovely dresses again, I don't know about you but I can't wait to taste food again, I was sat sucking Pringles again today, spoke to my women at the hosp group and she still says 2 weeks liquids arrgggghhh!!! So hard now x

Hey bex-good luck babe! I felt great straight after but day 2-3 hit me. I got the train bk from Birmingham to Glasgow and was fine. Just keep drinking I think cos I didn't and quickly flagged. The pain is annoying me' but I've been off painkillers for the last 48 hours now. Good luck mrs and don't look back-even if you feel crap. I can see the light already! Xxx
Thank you! I'm so excited now! I hope i follow in your positive steps! xx

All my inflammation has gone down, all wounds pretty much healed in a week and I'm starving! I've got 4mls in a 10ml band. Thought that would provide some restriction? Using willpower and the fact I'm supposed to be on liquids for another week which I'm sticking to. Scared that band won't work or I'll never be full-bit recognise this is a common anxiety. Going to start back at yoga tomorrow and see how I go. Wonder when I get my first fill-is it 4 weeks? Sue if ure reading this I hope ure doing well xxxx

So here I am. In Dolan Park Hospital 8 hours post op. Turned 29 on 'the 1st nov and decided a few months ago that I could live like this anymore. No longer putting on make up-wearing maxi dresses and dreading looking in the wardrobe. I used to be a keen gym goer but scared to go now. Secret eating anytime I'm alone and lying to myself and everyone close to me.

I have lost weight on lighter life and learnt some important lessons. I'm very grateful to them. But I can't cope with regular food. Like eating till it hurts then lying in bed with cats dissociating. Like a heroin addict I'm musing?

I'm 14st 7. Bmi 34. Would like to get down to 9stby July 2012. And stay there. No yo-yo dieting. No marking events in my life with my size and no jokes from people wondering what size I'll be next time they see me' or what diet I'll be on this time. I miss my gym and I want a life with a family that don't inherit or see my problems.

Getting married July 2013. That's my goal-to be stable weight wise. I haven't told anyone except my fiancé, little brother and best friend. Told everyone else I have a gastric ulcer and will need a scope. My family can be difficult. More about that one day I hope.

Dolan park is lovely. Everyone is professional and kind. Better mention I'm a doctor too-but they haven't played on it and I haven't gone out my way to tell people.

I can do this. It's an expensive choice and I'm having to do extra work and shifts to keep afloat but I'm proud of myself today.

No pizza with xfactor-this is going to be interesting!

Best wishes to you catlady :)

Thank u! Uve totally cheered me up by reminding me' of my aims. Starting to get hungry and back at work today so head hunger in overdrive! Big hugs xx

I have a 10mls band with 4 mls already in it. Stick to it and as soon as u move into the next stage (mushy) then the next stage u will feel some restriction. I was banded on 13th October and my first fill was originally for 21st November but can't make it so it ll be 10th December. The band ll work believe in urself xxx

Back