• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Banded today-5/11/11-the beginning.

Maybe too quickly?? I have not had that although ll confess eating way too fast, but I am learning to slow down. I did not get into mince until the second week of mushy. Just started with mash of every kind and jacket potato. Then moved onto protein like tuna and mince. Now ladies how did it taste??? :) worth the wait?

My 1st thing was 6 wotsits, I was sat in a waiting room for ages, I then had 5 tablespoons of cottage pie, and a yogurt tasted gorgeous. And well worth the wait x

So good to read this being a pre bander. Im nervous about the pain but i know i know the physical pain cant be as bad as the emotional pain of not liking yourself. x

Had my first fill today! Was a bit of a fiddle but feeling restriction already! 4.5mls in 10ml band. Now to educate the mind and get used to a better future xxx

Well done crazy lady :):):)

Good luck sue! I'm getting restriction are u miserable? But of course my head is trying to sabotage at every stage. Do u guys get this-I went to supermarket yesterday and had a voice in my head telling me' to get chocolate or ice cream as it would go down ok. Self sabotage-why? It's so upsetting. Xx

Yeah I do crazy I have been so bad and now I am determined to sort it... My mind is always going overtime.. Habit as well I will read magazines and need a couple bags of crisps, wierd think I need a brain transplant. But we can do it so let's not let the team down.. Or should I say watch mis lol x

Now that Xmas is over I'm going to start making a real effort to change my lifestyle. Since having the band I hardly drank over the festivities and have refrained from junk food. My weight has stayed stable which is a blessing. I think the 4ml restriction is allowing me to eat normal sized portions. Hopefully my second fill will put me' into the losing zone. I've joined a zumba class in addition to yoga and personal training and I got kettlebells for working out at home. I really want to go back to the gym but I am terrified that everyone will laugh at how fat I've become. It really gets me' down. Still the goal is to lose 7 pounds taking me to 14 stones by the 20th jan-date of next fill.

Heya crazycatlady. I want to loose 5 pounds by my next fill which is 21st Jan. So come on let's Chase those scales. I am determined to be the slimmest ever by this summer :) xxx we can do it all lovely ladies

Yeah let's do it mis! We can motivate each other. I've managed exercise and a healthy dinner. I'm with u-6 months. We can do at least 3 stones do you think? Xx

Absolutely :)

This week has been a revelation. Lots if emotional turmoil to work through. I lay awake on Wednesday night feeling this pang in my chest. I really took notice of it. That's what drives me' to eat because my brain was at it's worst during that time. Tempting me to eat. But that pang isn't hunger. It's other things I haven't yet fully realised let alone dealt with. Food felt like that old friend come to comfort. But the pang went away without it-It took a long time but I resisted. Band or not-I could carry on using food to mask stuff and it's so scary making a conscious decision not to do so. But the realisation has made mr stronger.

In addition to this, I've been using my kettlebells this week and feeling great. I even bought a health magazine and read it with relish. Made a relaxing change instead of spending a night doing extra work and eating. I decided, however, to take the plunge and go back to the gym for body balance on Thursday. My OH said he'd go with me' as he sensed my distress. When I got there I felt so ugly and fat and visible. Had a bit of a panic attack in the changing rooms. Simon held my hand and we went through the class together. Surrounded by thin people and mirrors. But I did it! And the endorphins are kicking in! I've been to personal training today followed by a local Zumba class outwith 'the gym and I'm exhausted but invigorated. I can't hide away from the world and I have to face my fears. I might look like a fat cow but I'm going to go to body combat tomorrow morning and make a commitment to change.

Anyway-feeling proud of myself this week. I've got my determination back and I'm going to fight this.

Way to go crazycatlady!!! So proud of you. You are kicking my ass as I have not done any exercise yet...naughty me. But I am going to go swimming starting next week. Carry on like this and you will look amazing this summer. Well done and keep going xxx

Well done you!! to me you are a 'thin' ! It takes courage to go into a public place and exercise when you don't feel good about yourself. Congratulations xxx

Well dun Hun x

Back