• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

May 2015 Surgeries

Venture

My turn!
Snuck into a cancellation on May 27th, over in Belgium with Dr De Bruyne, Frederik and pals. Excited and nervous and a bit apprehensive...!

weegie

weegie

My turn! Snuck into a cancellation on May 27th, over in Belgium with Dr De Bruyne, Frederik and pals. Excited and nervous and a bit apprehensive...!

Wow, you are a fast mover! Good luck, you pushed in front of me lol.

GlasgowJJ

How has all the May surgeries been getting on ??

I'm a week out and 11lbs down ! That's 26lbs since my LSD !!

Be good to hear everyone's progress xxx

weegie

How has all the May surgeries been getting on ??

I'm a week out and 11lbs down ! That's 26lbs since my LSD !!

Be good to hear everyone's progress xxx
Great stuff JJ. :)

GlasgowJJ

gill147

Well done Glasgow you've lost a lot of weight. Since starting the LSD I've lost 17lbs. I didn't seem to loose that much on LSD.

GlasgowJJ

Well done Glasgow you've lost a lot of weight. Since starting the LSD I've lost 17lbs. I didn't seem to loose that much on LSD.

Thanks Gill!

17lbs is great well done !
How are you feeling??
, my surgeon said I had lost a lot of weight during my LSD to - I put it down to eating lots of protein and being terrified that I wouldn't get my op if I had buggered my LSD .

Xxx

gill147

Hi JJ Im feeling really good. I'm sleeping better also when I wake up I'm getting up straight away and I don't feel like an old woman. Like you though at the moment I can't seem to walk around too much, I have to fight the urge to sit down. But I know that will get better. What are you eating? I've been drinking promax milk but I'm so sick of milk drinks I find them hard to keep down.

GlasgowJJ

Hi JJ Im feeling really good. I'm sleeping better also when I wake up I'm getting up straight away and I don't feel like an old woman. Like you though at the moment I can't seem to walk around too much, I have to fight the urge to sit down. But I know that will get better. What are you eating? I've been drinking promax milk but I'm so sick of milk drinks I find them hard to keep down.

Lol it's crazy how much you fight wanting to sit down !
I'm sticking to yogurt drinks , clear soups , peppermint tea , ice cream & gravy ? im not great with milk so steering clear.
Every surgeon has a different after care guide it's so confusing xxx

gill147

Day 12 post op for me and it has been the hardest day ever. I'm just desperate for something to chew and bite on. My family are eating everything they want I'm and i'm sat there nursing a bowl of runny chicken soup. I've 3 days left until purees and it can't come quick enough. How is anyone else getting on?

Blondie43

I'm day 4 post op. I've been able to have purée foods since the start. My trouble is trying to fit them all in along with water and tablets.

GlasgowJJ

Day 12 post op for me and it has been the hardest day ever. I'm just desperate for something to chew and bite on. My family are eating everything they want I'm and i'm sat there nursing a bowl of runny chicken soup. I've 3 days left until purees and it can't come quick enough. How is anyone else getting on?

I'm dying for something to chew or something thick
I've made thick gravy tonight was yummy - snuck a teaspoon of mash was delish!
I'm at hosp wed so hoping they give me the ok to eat puréed!
I've struggled with the liquids - driving me nuts !

GlasgowJJ

I'm day 4 post op. I've been able to have purée foods since the start. My trouble is trying to fit them all in along with water and tablets.

What kind of puréed are you taking ?
I feel like I'm taking too much liquid but you can fit more liquid than semi solids

Blondie43

What kind of puréed are you taking ? I feel like I'm taking too much liquid but you can fit more liquid than semi solids

I've had; low fat custard, weetabix, potato, corned beef and beans and homemade soup. It's all been like baby food consistency.

The booklet I got from hospital gives you loads of ideas.
I'm on this for 4 weeks but the dietician said let your body guide you and you can start soft foods before 4 weeks if you're ready.

gill147

OMG Blondie how come your on purees so early. IVe been told 2 weeks on liquid, then 2 weeks purees, then 2 weeks mash then normal food. I'm seeing my dietician on thurs and hopefully I might be able to go to slightly lumpy food - mash straight away. I think its the reason I have no proper energy.

JJ: I also feel like I'm having too much liquids. The only thing I bite into is an ice-pole!

Hows your weight loss Blondie?

Blondie43

OMG Blondie how come your on purees so early. IVe been told 2 weeks on liquid, then 2 weeks purees, then 2 weeks mash then normal food. I'm seeing my dietician on thurs and hopefully I might be able to go to slightly lumpy food - mash straight away. I think its the reason I have no proper energy. JJ: I also feel like I'm having too much liquids. The only thing I bite into is an ice-pole! Hows your weight loss Blondie?

That's just what the advice is from my hospital - they start you straight onto purée. Mind you it's tiny amounts I'm eating and very slowly too!

Weight wise I had a cheeky look at the scales when I got home on Friday and I was plus lb! Looking a bit better now! Xx

gill147

That's why it can be confusing all hospitals are different. Your only 4 days out just keep doing what they tell you. How are you feeling? I keep cleaning and going bed early.