• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

May 2015 Surgeries

Waiting to board my flight from Aberdeen to Birmingham, am nervous and excited. Driver picking me up at airport and really hope we can get to hospital for 3pm so I can get bloods etc done and hopefully be first'ish in the list tomorrow x

Well I'm home & feeling fine.

Had my band surgery at 1.30pm yesterday but woke up with 7 incisions to my surprise.

The surgeon also repaired a hiatus hernia that I didn't even know I had so got a bargain!lol.

So far I've had water tea consumme & all fine with little discomfort.

Now the hard bit starts but am I excited at the future.

Waiting to board my flight from Aberdeen to Birmingham, am nervous and excited. Driver picking me up at airport and really hope we can get to hospital for 3pm so I can get bloods etc done and hopefully be first'ish in the list tomorrow x

Fingers crossed you are! Xx

Well I'm home & feeling fine. Had my band surgery at 1.30pm yesterday but woke up with 7 incisions to my surprise. The surgeon also repaired a hiatus hernia that I didn't even know I had so got a bargain!lol. So far I've had water tea consumme & all fine with little discomfort. Now the hard bit starts but am I excited at the future.

Welcome to the losers bench! Xx

That's great congratulations! :)
Just a few more days for me...

Well done Flo you've done it now. I felt rough for about a week afterwards. Everyday you'll feel better and stronger.

Hi Guys

I had Bypass on Saturday at St Anthonys the staff were lovely. I came home yesterday, no pain from incisions but the gas pain is still awful and I'm walking around like a old maid, lol. Struggling to take in all this liquid. I managed half a slim fast yesterday and half a yoghurt. Does anyone know what ice lollies I can suck on??

Hi Guys I had Bypass on Saturday at St Anthonys the staff were lovely. I came home yesterday, no pain from incisions but the gas pain is still awful and I'm walking around like a old maid, lol. Struggling to take in all this liquid. I managed half a slim fast yesterday and half a yoghurt. Does anyone know what ice lollies I can suck on??
Pleased to hear you're home Lookingforabetterme! Can you make your own ice-lollies with NAS juice? Take it easy! Xx

Pleased to hear you're home Lookingforabetterme! Can you make your own ice-lollies with NAS juice? Take it easy! Xx

How you doing Aud? xx

Hi Jackie I'm ok!

Felt really tired the last couple of days though - not sure if that's because I've been more active and not having many calories! Yesterday I tried to get more protein in though, so we'll see if that helps! Weight wise I've been up and down all week, so I'll post official in tomorrow.

Eeeeee less than a week for you!! How are you feeling? Xx

Hi Jackie I'm ok!

Felt really tired the last couple of days though - not sure if that's because I've been more active and not having many calories! Yesterday I tried to get more protein in though, so we'll see if that helps! Weight wise I've been up and down all week, so I'll post official in tomorrow.

Eeeeee less than a week for you!! How are you feeling? Xx

Try not to over do it Aud, still early days for you!
I am ok, just worried as I don't seem to be losing weight, how is that even possible?

Have a good week and good luck with your weigh in!
xx

Congrats to Flip, Flirty and Looking. Happy healing. X

Oh I know I shouldn't but just jumped on the scales...9lbs down even though my stomach is so swollen.
Very happy but know it's early days...every loss is a positive :D

When I first woke up I was crying in pain, however they were quick to give me tramodol and that sorted it out.

I'm still in pain at the incision for the port but it's manageable. Thankfully no gas pain as I've been 'shooting bunnies' as my dad would say lol

Got around four hours of sleep at woke at 5am, staff were great and got me a cuppa, then at 6am I was given some banana custard, wow it was amazing ....

Fell asleep again, woke at 9am, got dressed, and had a walk round the ward.

I'm now allowed to help myself to tea and coffee ?

I've a later checkout today as my flight home to Aberdeen is at 14.15, driver picking me up at 12pm.

My nearly 4 year old Flynn packed his Spider-Man in my case so he could save me from the bad guys bless

image-3671626483.jpg

Back